Skip to main content
Vanessa
Vanessa

Great Falls, Manitoba · From July 2017

Hard working Special Needs Educational Assistant, Mother of 1, Wedding Planner and excited to be getting married to the love of my life of over 3 years.... View more

Hard working Special Needs Educational Assistant, Mother of 1, Wedding Planner and excited to be getting married to the love of my life of over 3 years. Purple is my favourite colour. Loves the outdoors, grew up on a farm and loves riding horses.

Happily married 🎉

August 4, 2018

2063days 13hrs
Genis
Dress Code needed on invitations?
Genis, On July 28, 2018 at 10:19

Hi lovely people! FH and I are deciding whether we need to state a dress code on our invitations? My concern is that my bridal party, parents, etc will be quite nicely dressed, in gorgeous dresses...

Jurenda, monday 13-Aug-18 26
Naomi
Who is invited to the rehearsal dinner?
Naomi, On July 17, 2018 at 21:59

Who gets invited to the rehearsal dinner? I've read that we need to invite immediate family (parents, siblings and their spouses, grandparents), members of the wedding party and their spouses, and the...

Vanessa, saturday 28-Jul-18 14
Peggy
Unexpected wedding magic!
Peggy, On June 19, 2018 at 15:19

I have to share because this was a wonderful bit of 'magic'! So the one thing my fiance asked for with flowers was to have little Star Wars lego figures in his boutonniere and his groomsmens...

Gabbie, wednesday 1-Aug-18 38
Kyla
Paying for vendors in advance
Kyla, On July 23, 2018 at 18:30

Just wondering what the norm is in regards to paying for vendors. Can you pay a percentage before the wedding (deposits, etc) and then pay once services are complete? Even via post dated cheque? Even...

Gina, friday 10-Aug-18 23
Andrea
Pictures with guests?
Andrea, On July 17, 2018 at 09:49

I'm a bit confused and unsure what to do about taking pictures with guests and extended family/relatives. During the cocktail hour I am going to be doing an outfit change and won't be able to take...

Vanessa, friday 27-Jul-18 12
Kelly
Wedding bands
Kelly, On July 17, 2018 at 12:58

How early is everybody shopping for their wedding bands? Has anybody got them from a different place than where your fiance got your engagement ring? I'll be honest, when we went there, I was pretty...

Megs, monday 30-Jul-18 23
Amyfanggg
Mad at my husband about honeymoon
Amyfanggg, On May 10, 2018 at 23:23

Got married almost 2 weeks ago. Before the wedding I already told my now husband to look into honeymoon. The guy was so worried about money, that he didn't want to plan it yet. Fair enough, I thought,...

Emily, monday 30-Jul-18 10
Tasha
Has anyone done a joint bachelor/bachelorette party?
Tasha, On July 17, 2018 at 13:22

It's what my FH and I are wanting to do (haven't told the best man and maid of honour yet haha), and I was just wondering if any of you guys have done that, and how it went/what you did?

Vanessa, friday 27-Jul-18 7
Marc & Nicole
When to send rsvp reminder?
Marc & Nicole, On May 14, 2018 at 14:06

Hello, When is a good time to send out the reminder email about the wedding? Our RSVP due date is June 1 and there is over half guests still not responded? I plan on sending link again with some sort...

Candice, wednesday 25-Jul-18 20
Megan
Hashtag!!!
Megan, On July 11, 2018 at 16:24

Hey everyone!! I just gave my bridesmaids there proposals and they told me I need a hashtag stat! We have a few ideas but not totally set on one yet!! Bride- Megan Maloney & Groom- Shane Kruse...

Alicia, wednesday 11-Jul-18 6
Vanessa
Ceremony seating
Vanessa, On July 6, 2018 at 19:42

For those who have had an outdoor wedding what did you do? Did you have enough chairs for everyone? Did you only have enough for those who needed it? My parents didn’t like my idea of bales and...

Ashley, wednesday 11-Jul-18 17
Breanne
When to start dress shopping...
Breanne, On July 10, 2018 at 00:45

Hello everyone!!! I was wondering when is a good time (i.e., how far in advance) to start wedding dress shopping? My wedding is September 21st, 2019. I was thinking of starting shopping in November of...

Breanne, thursday 12-Jul-18 28
Vanessa
Wedding day time lines
Vanessa, On July 10, 2018 at 17:24

Hi everyone, I’m going to make my timeline this week for our wedding in 3 weeks and I’m unsure how to go about it. What did yours look like for your wedding? Did you do cards that said everything or a...

Stephanie, thursday 12-Jul-18 8 161
Alicia
Wedding on the family farm? Or a rented venue?
Alicia, On July 10, 2018 at 00:05

Hi everyone! we are torn between hosting our wedding on my fiancé’s family farm or renting a venue. What are your suggestions? Trying to keep the costs low and I heard venue costs are quite high but I...

Tanisha, saturday 6-Oct-18 31
Kelly
Catering Manager woes
Kelly, On July 10, 2018 at 16:02

Sorry. This is long. I wish I didn't have to deal with my chef's catering manager. If the food wasn't so great at this place...I would actually consider going with somewhere else. I don't trust her....

Erin, thursday 12-Jul-18 10
Phaidra
If you got a big wedding, i feel bad for you son, i got 99 problems, & my seating plan is all of them.
Phaidra, On July 10, 2018 at 16:28

So I currently have 250+ folks on my guest list. Granted I should probably wait to make my seating plan like...you know, when a normal person would do it, like a few months before the big day. Or even...

Natasha, tuesday 24-Jul-18 18
Vanessa
Bachelorette/ Bachlor party dilemma
Vanessa, On July 8, 2018 at 15:50

So we gave the list of people we wanted to one of my bridesmaids. 3 our of 4 of my bridesmaids can’t make it and now the bridesmaid says she doesn’t want one of my fiancé’s friends now my friend too...

Jessie, monday 9-Jul-18 9
Vanessa
Ceremony Backdrop
Vanessa, On July 6, 2018 at 19:39

In need of help to make a decision. For our wedding backdrop my mom suggested a lattice backdrop to cover up the barbwire Fence and gully with weeds. I’m getting married in 28 days and need to make...

Lyla, sunday 15-Jul-18 10 177
Marcia
Matching Bridal & Bridesmaids bouquets
Marcia, On July 5, 2018 at 18:04

Hello brides! Would love your opinion, should the bridal bouquet match the bridesmaids bouquet. Here’s a photo of my bouquet next to a sample of the one for my bridesmaids. I’m wondering if we should...

Jessie, tuesday 10-Jul-18 18
Lynnie
Black Bridesmaids Dresses? Taboo or too cute?
Lynnie, On July 6, 2018 at 11:05

What do you think of bridesmaids in all black? Do you love the formal and elegant look, or are you someone who only wears black to funerals? What's your take on black bridesmaids dresses? Taboo or too...

Kaisha, friday 23-Nov-18 25
Brenda
Rehearsal Dinner Etiquette
Brenda, On June 30, 2018 at 18:57

I have been trying to make sure everyone feels they have a "job" with the wedding leading up to and the day of. My MIL lives 2 hours away and is feeling a little left out. I have been told that the...

Erin, tuesday 3-Jul-18 7
Vanessa
Bachelorette/bachelor party combined
Vanessa, On June 30, 2018 at 21:47

Hi everyone, our wedding is quickly approaching and it looks like we have a couple of our wedding party members who will be taking on the task of a joint party for us and we are totally cool with this...

Erin, tuesday 3-Jul-18 6 123
Stephanie
Dream honeymoon destination vs. reality
Stephanie, On May 21, 2018 at 03:31

We booked our honeymoon yesterday! We are renting an Airbnb on an island off BC. It says it's private, close to the water (although not right on the water according to pictures!), and neither of us...

Sydney, wednesday 20-Jun-18 23
Vanessa
August 2018 brides and grooms
Vanessa, On August 21, 2017 at 19:07

Hello Ladies and Gents, I have noticed that there are groups for people getting married in certain months and I thought I would start a feed for those getting married next August 2018. I know there is...

Vanessa, thursday 31-May-18 41
Rekramer
Invitations!
Rekramer, On May 14, 2018 at 16:53

I just wanted to show off my first cut of my wedding invitation jackets. This isn’t the final product but it’s still damn foxy!

SailandSwan, wednesday 30-May-18 27
Sobia
Flip flops for guests
Sobia, On May 20, 2018 at 23:39

Hey everyone! I was at a wedding last week and the couple had baskets of flip flops for the girls, and boy did my feet love that idea! I was thinking of doing the same but I wasn't sure how many of...

Vanessa, tuesday 22-May-18 12
Kay
Day-of Gift for the Groom/bride
Kay, On May 18, 2018 at 13:05

Hey folks! I'm just wondering what you might be getting your spouse for the day of the wedding. I have a few ideas on what I might get my FH, but I was curious what others are planning. Or if they are...

Susan, thursday 1-Nov-18 19
Maegan
Lets talk boudoir shoots!
Maegan, On May 8, 2018 at 01:49

Has anybody done a boudoir photoshoot before the wedding?? Ive been considering doing one and giving an album to FH as a wedding present but id love to hear from some people who have done it! It will...

Holly, monday 21-May-18 30
April
Where to buy jewelry online
April, On April 20, 2018 at 16:43

Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of online stores to buy affordable jewelry from. I have sensitive skin so I can’t wear the cheap claries/ardenes earrings sadly.

Elise, wednesday 25-Jul-18 19
Rosalyn
Wedding invites - Inlaws upset
Rosalyn, On April 28, 2018 at 21:55

Ladies, Did you include parents names in your invites?? We didn’t and my motherinlaw made a comment about it. Now I feel bad. I looked at so so many invites and it was 50:50 with including or not...

Vanessa, wednesday 9-May-18 33

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics