Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanessa
Expert August 2018 Manitoba

August 2018 brides and grooms

Vanessa, on August 21, 2017 at 19:07 Posted in Before the wedding 0 41

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I have noticed that there are groups for people getting married in certain months and I thought I would start a feed for those getting married next August 2018. I know there is one in Manitoba but not a lot of people are responding to that feed so I will go for all of Canada!!! I am from Great Falls, MB. I will be getting married August 4th, 2018. Our original date was August 18th, 2018 but moved the date as we found out my FH cousin was getting married on the same day just down the road from us. What color schemes are you doing? What theme? How's the planning going? Have you found your dress yet? Let's help each other out and see how far we are all along during our journey to our big days.

Vanessa

41 Comments

Latest activity by Vanessa, on May 31, 2018 at 21:58
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Depending on where you get your bridesmaids dresses etc. They can take up to 4-5 months to get in. One of my bridesmaids got their dress within a month another is still waiting for hers and its going on 3 months. That was from Davids Bridal. Also need to allow time for hemming if need be.

• C
    Newbie August 2018 Nova Scotia
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married in Mount uniacke Nova Scotia on August 19th 2018 my colors are teal and beige and white my theme is a country wedding planning is going good and yes I found my dress have you found yours I'm still looking for bridesmaids dresses and flower girl dresses though
  • Katherine
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never booked a wedding planner, I thought that money could be put to a better use. So I’m doing it all with help from fiancé, family and friends.
  • H
    Curious August 2018 Quebec
    Hanh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Anyone where getting married on the 25th of August 2018 in Montreal ?! If so It would be nice to share our experience together!!!
  • H
    Hanh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Me too !!! Smiley smile
  • H
    Hanh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You already have your wedding theme!! That is amazing!!!!! Still have to meet with the wedding planner to help me with that ...a actually still have to book a wedding planner ! Lol omg !
  • H
    Hanh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you !!! Smiley smile
  • Katherine
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You are well on your way, you have accomplished a lot. It will all come together!
  • H
    Hanh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same here !! I got engaged in the 28th of February and we just book the venue for the 25th of August. So far we just booked the venue, photographer, got the hair and make up. Got my dress as well as the shoe. We asked one of our friend to be the celebrant. Will ask one of my friend to be the MOH thinking friday! But still so much ... bit I think we got the big part done !!! Smiley smile
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome! It seems that we just started getting our butts in full swing recently other than the caterer which we booked right away.

• Katherine
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got engaged 2 weeks ago and am getting married this August 25, 2018. I have booked out hall so far, having lavender/mauve colour scheme, ordered invitations from Vistaprint and they arrived! I have bought and designed all my centerpieces already! I have done alot in a few short weeks! Lots to still be done though.

• Bonnie
    Newbie August 2018 Alberta
    Bonnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married Aug 29 in the beautiful Rocky Mountains in Canmore. Ab.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Seems the 25th august is very popular as we got married on that day itself. Congrats to all couples and hope the day is good wheather wise.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats the day my husband and i got married.
  • A
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    ALICIA ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married 25th of August 2018 Smiley smile

• Sajal
    Sajal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omg yes! Initially we wanted September 2nd to be our date but our venue got taken for that day so we went with our second choice of date which was Aug 31st. It was such a sigh of relief that our venue was available for that day. We're also doing ceremony and reception in the same venue same day! And we will be finalizing the decor company by December as well. Everything else is going pretty slow Smiley tongue

• Helen
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey all brides and grooms! Me and my fiancé are getting married on August 18th, 2018! Really excited!
  • I
    Iheoma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's amazing! Our venue will be in 1 place. We were so fortunate that our ceremony and hall venue was available on our day so we booked it right away. It will be a garden ceremony and banquet hall for the reception. No need for our guests travelling near and far to worry about parking or travelling more. How are your planning coming along?
  • Sajal
    Sajal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're getting married in Mississauga Smiley smile

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our colours are purple and black. We just booked our engagement session for Sunday and got lucky as I thought I booked it with a lady I know and than she has a friend out from Mexico whose traveled all over the world with his photography so for the same price as a local I get a world traveler for an hour Smiley smile. We have yet to book our tent or decide where the exact location will be but have it down to 2 places as both has significance to us. We are doing the music ourselves as we both have dj'd before and have the equipment and our wedding will be on private property. Caterer booked. And as of yesterday I said YES to MY DRESS at DAVIDS BRIDAL only after 6 dresses. Wasn't even one that I had envisioned myself in at first. Go figure. Photography for the wedding we are still looking for. Starting to put things together for decor and stuff. We recently purchased party tents for the caterer and the bar as we got an awesome deal and will rent them out afterwards as well and selling 2 as we bought 6 and only need 4 but recruiting some of the cost.

• I
    Iheoma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's awesome! We are getting married in Woodbridge...yourself? All the very best as well!
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hear you on this one. In our case we have 2 wonderful pieces of property we can have the wedding on. My parents and his parents. He wants the whole entire wedding to be at his parents place......I have compromised with being happy with either portion being at my parents and the other being at his. Doesn't matter which one though. He says what if it rains....We just recently bought 6- yes 6- 16 by 22 tents 2 we will be using for the wedding 2 we will be renting and the other 2 we will be selling. We got a really good deal but they retail for 1200 plus taxes and shipping. ANNNNND his dad offered to pay for the tent table and chairs and has had over 3 months to put a down deposit on it and is coming up with 101 excuses or ignoring or getting upset and i'm just getting worried and frustrated. I am getting excited to go dress shopping for the first time on Sunday though and all the fun artsy stuff. We have finally decided on the wedding party which took 2 months but we are good now. Smiley smile

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats! We are getting married August 25, 2018. We have been engaged for 8 months. I am going to Toronto tomorrow, with 2 of my bridesmaids, to look for fabric to make my dress with. We recently ordered proofs of our invitation package, so happy with them just need some editing. I am making all the flowers and decor over the winter (from the stem up, is my business). I have all of our glassware and candles. Off the top of my head, some things we need to do soon: book an officiant, get a small 10" cake, pick our suit and tie colours.
  • Sara
    Curious August 2018 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations everyone. I am getting married south of Calgary, AB on August 5, 2018. I have arranged the cater, the venue, the officiant, the DJ and bartenders. I have my dress (ordered it online) best decision I've made. We are still figuring out flowers and official colors. We keep switching those even though we want blue and purple just trying to figure out the shade we want. I just received my save the dates last week so trying to get those labeled and sent (I have time though). My FH and I have asked our wedding party already.

I think I'm on the ball as I hate doing things last minute but there is a lot more involved in planning a wedding then I ever thought.

• Sajal
    Sajal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are getting married on August 31st too! What city are you getting married in? Congratulations and best of luck for the big day Smiley smile

• E
    Newbie August 2018 Saskatchewan
    Elisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ya you as well ! Haha Regina, Saskatchewan!! We have pastor/church and then reception Venue and DJ booked and Caterer! All the Good stuff ! Haha that’s all We’ve figured out so far ! Lol
  • A
    Beginner August 2018 Ontario
    Autumn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great date choiceSmiley winking Thunder Bay, ontario. You?
  • I
    Iheoma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi everyone, my wedding date will be on August 31 2018. We have a few venders booked from decor, venue, photography and videographer, cake, disc jockey....we are still shopping around for outfits for our wedding party and deciding on minor things like limo or no limo...Wishing you all a fun and smooth sailing planning journey!
  • E
    Newbie August 2018 Saskatchewan
    Elisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’re getting married Aug 25 too! What city and province ? congrats!
  • A
    Beginner August 2018 Ontario
    Autumn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're getting married August 25th 2018. We have our photographer, officiant, venue and just in the process of meeting our bartender and caterer. I haven't asked my bridal party to be a part of the wedding yet though and we have no theme. We're trying to get all the less fun logistics out of the way before doing the fun stuff like decor and dress. I don't have any save the dates/invitations yet either! I feel a little behind!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Brides,
    I'm getting married in Hamilton, Ontario on August 11th, 2018!
    We have pretty much everything planned/booked right down to our cake! All that's left to do is pick our decor and menu which will be done closer to the date!
    How much does everyone else have planned/booked ?
  • M
    Newbie August 2018 New Brunswick
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi! I'm in NB and I'm getting married August 4th as well. So far I have the venue booked (we're doing everything at the same location. I have out theme, red and grey. And I'm now trying to book an offical and photograher. I just decided to start a planning binder as I see they are highly recommended for do-it-yourself brides.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics