Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tasha
Curious April 2019 Alberta

Has anyone done a joint bachelor/bachelorette party?

Tasha, on July 17, 2018 at 13:22 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7

It's what my FH and I are wanting to do (haven't told the best man and maid of honour yet haha), and I was just wondering if any of you guys have done that, and how it went/what you did?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vanessa, on July 27, 2018 at 18:04
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just had our Stag/Stagette last weekend. 3 of our wedding party members planned it. It was pretty low key but we enjoyed ourselves. We went to their house had a barbecue included their spouses as well. They have a great set up and we played volleyball as they have a court in their backyard, yard games and a bonfire. And of course drank and stayed the night. Our was out of a big city as we live in a rural area. Their was a pool but no one used it. Their was no screaming over loud music. Good friends, tasty food and lots of laughs. Anyone who was drinking could crash the night. Smiley smile

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of my bridesmaids did that for her wedding and it worked out fine. Though we only did a portion of the party together. The girls and the guys started off their days separately and eventually met up at a Blue Jays game, after the game we also did our own things. It was cool to be able to do something with the guys, but definitely still good to have just the girls together as well

• Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Bridesmaid did that. They both started at a pub with everyone there, toasts and drinks etc. Then the guys split off to their designated bar/club and the girls went to another bar/club to dance the night away

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend and her husband did. They did laser tag and then went out for dinner. They enjoyed it. If it’s something you both really like doing, it can be fun.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance would have a second bachelor party if I wanted a joint one... haha. But no, he wants his day/weekend (maybe renting a house boat) for him and his "boys"...

I'm much more low key, I want a weekend away at my mom's on the island with my mom, FMIL, sisters and FSIL... we'll eat good food, go to all the wineries, and just relax.

If you guys are in the same mindset though, and both want it, and want similar types of parties, then for sure, join 'em up and have a blast!

• S
    Frequent user January 2021 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sort of.

At the destination wedding we went to a few years ago we did a sort of joint bachelor/bachelorette party 2 days before the wedding. We had a huge group of wedding guests all go out on a catamaran tour that included some snorkeling and climbing a waterfall and then a bunch of rum and Jamaican patties and a dance party on the way back. We all went to the resort buffet for dinner when we got back and then split up into smaller groups from there - some of the older crowd going off to do their own thing, while a group of girls went and drank and played games in one room and the guys did whatever they did in another room. We got back together around midnight at the guys' room and kept the party going.

They did both have bachelor/bachelorette parties back home before that as well, though those were planned by their friends and many of the guests at the wedding hadn't been at those parties (myself included). The at-home bachelorette party consisted of renting a cabin and boat for a weekend with a bunch of girls I didn't really know so I passed on spending that $$.

I really enjoyed the sort-of-joint-party though. I would like to do something similar for ours (which will also be a DW). I'm not particularly interested in having a bachelorette party back home but if someone chose to throw one for me I'd enjoy that too. My friend groups are all pretty gender-mixed so it would feel a bit weird and forced to have a party where half the crew is arbitrarily left out because they have penises lol

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me and my FH are considering that we have a joint day time party and then we split closer to the evening after supper. During the day we were thinking of doing: an escape room, paintball and lasertag. Those three things will probably take the entire day up so any one of these would be great for you (if you like these ideas)! For the night we are going to split for the drinking and that way the guys can do thier bar crawl and I will do either a passion party or paint nite type of thing (I'm not into the stripper thing).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics