Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanessa
Expert August 2018 Manitoba

Ceremony Backdrop

Vanessa, on July 6, 2018 at 19:39 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 10
In need of help to make a decision. For our wedding backdrop my mom suggested a lattice backdrop to cover up the barbwire Fence and gully with weeds. I’m getting married in 28 days and need to make the decision now to make it. She originally suggested 3 panels and now she says 4 as it may not cover both my fiancé and I as he’s a big man 6’6 and built. Our wedding party will be on either side of it. We will have trailing vines going up. The cost is 30.00 a panel and 18.00 a post and we need 4-5. How much did your ceremony background cost and do you think the white lattice will wash me and my dress out?

Ceremony Backdrop 1

10 Comments

Latest activity by Lyla, on July 15, 2018 at 05:05
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you’re concerned about the white blending too much you can always consider spray painting it. Spray paint has been my saving grace ❤️
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are going to do the lattice, I would definitely recommend adding some greenery to help prevent your dress from blending it. If you are trying to cover something in the background, an arch probably would not give you enough coverage. My friend for her wedding made a backdrop of old doors and painted them, I thought it turned out really nice. It wouldn't wash out your dress and you would still be able to cover the background. You can kind of see it in the back of this photo of them.

Ceremony Backdrop 2

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our ceremony backdrop is $150. You can kind of see it from another wedding someone used it for in my picture. I think if you add to it like in your picture, the greenery and flowers it’ll look nice. I don’t think it’ll wash you out. I’ve been to a lot of weddings where they used white backdrops and it was fine. You only sit here for supper and speeches and then you’re up moving around anyways.

Ceremony Backdrop 3
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with the ladies here, do fabric or an archway. The white lattice will blend in with your dress and it won't look good if your FH is so much taller than the panels, he will stand out like a giant. I hope you figure something out.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try to do something a little darker if possible so it doesnt wash out your dress! I like the ideas that people have suggested about just some simple fabric and archways Smiley smile
  • Sarah
    Frequent user July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personally I’m not a fan of the lattice backdrop, because I feel like if your dress is white then you are going to just blend in. Maybe try a simple arch with draped cloth and flower garland Smiley smile
    good luck!
  • Natalie
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What Jennifer said about a frame with fabric draped down with some flowers is what I would do but is it possible to post a picture of the fence and weeds that you’re dealing with?
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lattice backdrops aren't as original anymore. Just a simple arch with flowers would look nicer.

Sheer material with beads hanging down would be an alternative to be more attractive.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm honestly not a fan of a white background and think that it may not be enough contrast between you and it. We haven't decided on a background yet, but the ones we're looking at are roughly around $500+.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personally. I wouldn't do the lattice.
    I would just do some sort of frame/holder type thing with curtains or sheer curtains. Or an arbor with tulle and fake flowers
    To me the lattice is just super dated

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics