Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marcia
Super August 2018 Manitoba

Matching Bridal & Bridesmaids bouquets

Marcia, on July 5, 2018 at 18:04 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 18
Hello brides! Would love your opinion, should the bridal bouquet match the bridesmaids bouquet. Here’s a photo of my bouquet next to a sample of the one for my bridesmaids. I’m wondering if we should take out the colour in the bridesmaid bouquet and make them more similar to mine. Does it matter if they don’t match? Help!

Matching Bridal & Bridesmaids bouquets 1

18 Comments

Latest activity by Jessie, on July 10, 2018 at 07:34
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine will be matching to some degree. The bridesmaids will have more babies breath and mine will have more roses in it. The major differences in the bouquets will be the size. The bridal bouquet will be larger than the bridesmaids bouquet. I don't think it really matters if they are similar or not. It is whatever you want. After all it is your wedding!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours won't match, but they will go together with similar flowers.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids and my bouquet will match as well, theirs will be somewhat of a smaller version of mine, but the same flowers and colours.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours will match. We will all have greenery, succulents, and midnight lilies except mine will have 1 or 2 orange lilies added to make to make mine pop!
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine are the same style but smaller so they’ll match. I’m a pretty matchy matchy person haha. Maybe you could add greenery to theirs so they look more similar to yours but it’s really up to you and what you want!
  • M
    Curious August 2018 Manitoba
    Modupe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Cute....I'm using the same flour
  • M
    Curious August 2018 Manitoba
    Modupe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don't think it does. Mine is very different from my bridesmaids.
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me they are the same style but smaller Some complimentary things the same but they are getting mini roses and I’m getting large roses. Same blue/purple orchids. I have sparkle in mine there’s does not.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I should have posted some photos! My bouquet and my girls are VERY different in style but the same colour/flower combos to make them match! (Except I have roses and they do not)

Matching Bridal & Bridesmaids bouquets 2

Matching Bridal & Bridesmaids bouquets 3

Matching Bridal & Bridesmaids bouquets 4
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the other girls... different/complimenting colours are totally fine, but totally different shapes/styles will probably clash.

Maybe if you want a specific shape/style just for yours (cascading, bigger, etc), keep the other girls colours the same, but with the smaller/round shape. Some sort of consistency should be present... in my opinion.

Mine is going to be bigger, with white roses, and spots of blue wild thistles and greenery. The girls will just be smaller versions with just white roses/baby's breath... but both the same shape.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think they have to match. Mine did for my wedding but I kind of like the idea of contrasting bouquets.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is going to be the same flowers as theirs but mine will have roses and theirs won't. I am also going to have more shades of purple and pink in mine where they will have more white and mostly lighter purple in theirs so it's all slight differences
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine will all be the same: succulents, eucalyptus, and midnight lilies, except I will be adding 1-2 orange lilies in to mine as well as the midnight lilies to make mine popSmiley smile
  • Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think they are both very pretty, but the seem like two different styles. My bouquet is not going to match my bridesmaids, but the style is going to be the same. Mine will have burgundy colored flowers with white roses and the girls will just have white roses, but all bouquets will be in the same hand tied style so they match.

You could leave the bridesmaids bouquets with the colors but just change the design of them to match yours with the greenery and the looser hand tied style so they have the same matching look.

mismatch colors can be pretty, but style the same.

Bridal-Party-Bouquets-dresses-beige.png

• Jennifer
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both are very pretty but too different for my taste. Looks like 2 different styles, I would have to change something so they match a little more. But like others have said it's your day and you gotta have what you want.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Sarah! It's your day and at the end of it all your decision but I personally prefer everything matching!
    What colour are their dresses? Having the lack of colour in the bouquet and then a colour in the dress would be a great accent!!
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Sarah! I’m going to have to get them to change it. I feel bad because they are pretty but I want them to match my bouquet which is white with greenery, no colour!
  • Sarah
    Frequent user July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think they’re very beautiful! Honestly I don’t think it matters if they match, as long as you are happy with them! I’m a little ocd when it comes to matching so all mine will be the same! But at the end of the day it’s just what you want and the look you want on your day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics