Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Discussion closed

Marc & Nicole
Beginner August 2018 Alberta

When to send rsvp reminder?

Marc & Nicole, on May 14, 2018 at 14:06 Posted in Before the wedding 0 20
Saved

Hello, When is a good time to send out the reminder email about the wedding? Our RSVP due date is June 1 and there is over half guests still not responded? I plan on sending link again with some sort of message like,

"Just a friendly reminder that we are 1 week away from the RSVP deadline of June 1. We have noticed that you have not rsvp. If you can please RSVP by due date that would great. If we do not hear back from you by then, we will assume you are not attending. If you have any troubles with the link, please contact us at """"

Thoughts?

20 Comments

Latest activity by Candice, on July 25, 2018 at 16:48
  • Candice
    Curious October 2018 Alberta
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am struggling with this as well. My wedding is 3 months out and a pile haven't RSVP'd - There are still people I would like to invite if I had the room.

I asked RSVP's to come in before Sept. 1 so I have a bit to go. I have sent out 1 email reminder and got alot of responses actually.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks I am already getting anxious so I will probably be sending them out 5 months in advance. We only need to know 7 days ahead for final numbers. I will definitely be asking guests to respond at least a month before.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We sent out our invites in April approx 4 months before our wedding as we are getting married this long weekend. We over invited over 300 people knowing about 50 ppl wouldn’t come making enough seating for 250. We had them RSVP by May 1st but accepted later ones as well. We are up to 188 people RSVPd 11 days before our wedding and about 40 people who haven’t RSVPd yet. Some evening asking if they can bring a grandchild now. id say a couple months for sure and give yourself at least 3 weeks before your vendor wants numbers as we will be stuck with at least 25 extra chairs and 3 extra tables from places we’ve ordered from.
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just how early you sent out your invites? We have well over half of our guests travelling and we chose not to do save the dates. I am worried about sending out the invites too early though.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue had a deadline to get numbers to them 2 weeks before wedding date. I had my MIL and dad call each side of the family who hadn't RSVP'ed a month before our wedding date to get their yay or nay. Then i filled their RSVP myself. Usually i found must people assume that you assume they are coming very bizzare.

• Gabbie
    Frequent user June 2019 Nova Scotia
    Gabbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi, it really depends on your caterer, I would plan for the rsvp limit to be a couple months before then so you have time to call everyone, get your rsvps, and then you can also invite from the B list if you have one.

• Gabbie
    Frequent user June 2019 Nova Scotia
    Gabbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My cousin gave each bridesmaid a list and we called everyone around a week after the deadline, we then manually did the rsvp for them. Emails get ignored easily, I think this way it's a bit harder to ignore. I plan on doing the same.

• Angel
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi, if my wedding date is on May 10th 2019, when should I send out my RSVP online wedding invitation and what date should I put for the RSVP due date for them to respond. Hope I'm making sense here :/

Would be great to hear from all you.

• Marc & Nicole
    Marc & Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ya that’s crazy! I basically ended up telling my fiancé to get on his side of list and send a text to those advising about due date. All confirmed now. Smiley smile well good luck with your wedding and hopefully those will rsvp soon.
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is August 4th and we asked for our guests to reply by May 1st to get in time for the wedding shower as well. Over 3/4 have not responded for the shower and we are still over half who have not responded for the wedding and that's with me bugging some of the ones I have emails, facebook and phone numbers for the wedding and my fiance. We sent them out really early as we are getting married on August long weekend and a lot of people already have plans. Plus we are having a large wedding and have a second list of people who were important but couldn't quite fit just yet as family came first. I am glad I am not the only one. Pain in the rear end I tell you. I can understand if you live out of the country or in another province and have to book a flight but yeah.....

• Marc & Nicole
    Marc & Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you..

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Alternative wag to go abouts an answer is by calling. I did that with family or emailrd them personally to let them the deadline has passed and if they can let you know given there is a week to go.
  • Marc & Nicole
    Marc & Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Totally crazy, obviously they’ve never planned a party or event before cause they would rsvp stat. Ha wishful thinking I know. Ha

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everyone does this! I don't understand it! Lol I went through the same thing! The hall wanted our final numbers May 10 so on our invites I selected April 29th as the deadline because I knew I would run into this problem. We sent out RSVP card then I just emailed, texted, phoned whomever was left until I got the answers I needed. There were still 2 that didn't and I marked them as no! Of they show up I left extra spots at the vendor table in case!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with most of the PP's who've said to wait until after the deadline. It's a deadline for a reason lol.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I waited until the date passed. But just passed. I sent an email the next day to people who had not responded and we are still following up with people a week after our deadline.
  • Marc & Nicole
    Marc & Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good point, some of he guests have looked at the site so I know they got it.. silly Family! Thank you
  • Marc & Nicole
    Marc & Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good idea on 2 weeks then it will give me a feed days before the due date to make calls. Thank you
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We plan to do a 2 week reminder. We will send out an email saying pretty much what you said, then at a week we will call anyone who hasn't sent or confirmed they received the email. We will also do a final call a few days after the deadline and after that it will be our final count. I don't anticipate any late RSVPs as we have a small guest list.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds good to me - the only suggestion I have is to give the guests the benefit of the doubt that the email itself that is letting them know that the deadline is upon us may for some strange reason or another go to their junk email and it may be best to give them a call on the phone.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics