Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leah
VIP April 2019 British Columbia

Vendor choice: Final 2 - How do we decide?

Leah, on September 20, 2018 at 17:52 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
We’re stuck on deciding between 2 caterers.

We’re based in Toronto and getting married in Victoria, BC.

When we visited Victoria a few months ago we ate at the restaurant of owned by one of the caterers (so we know we like their food). They were also recommended to us by a mutual friend. (Our only friend in that city)

We’ver heard great things about the other caterer, and they seemed to be the first choice of our coordinator. This second caterer seems slightly more affordable (but not by much).

Online reviews for each company are fantastic.
Communication with both companies have been great (though it’s been with our coordinator but she’s reported good things about both).

Both are on WW so we’d get a contest entry if we selected either one of them.

How do you we decide? Unfortunately there’s no way we can get back to the city to taste the second company’s food in advance of the wedding.

How would you handle it? I find I may be leaning towards the second one whose food we’ve never eaten....but I can’t make such an unknown decision.

Thoughts and suggestions welcome. TIA

Vendor choice: Final 2 - How do we decide? 1

5 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on September 22, 2018 at 00:41
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think some other things to consider: do they offer buffet, family-style, plated. What are the menus like? Is there a choice or is it a standard menu.

If both are still equal, than I think you need to decide which is more important: saving a bit of money or serving food you've actually tasted before.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with the others! If the choice between the 2 is so close I would personally go with the one I've tried the food at! I would feel more comfortable with that!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree - unless you fully trust this friend in BC and could get them to go and taste the food - I would go with what you know will be amazing.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I would go with the place you have already eaten, if the cost is not a huge difference!

• Keisha
    Beginner August 2019 British Columbia
    Keisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmm that is a tough one. If I were in your shoes and I'm very torn, I'd go with the "safer" choice and go with the one whose food I've tried. This way I know for myself that the food is great, and that there will be no surprises in the future. Another way we decide is by price and the "extras" they can provide - could be one offers better service, an extra platter of something, etc. Good luck Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics