Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leah
VIP April 2019 British Columbia

Hive minds: Seeking accessory suggestions

Leah, on March 7, 2019 at 15:47 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8
I’m gong accessory shopping with my mum and bestie this weekend at a local vintage store and thought I’d get some suggestions from the WW community first. Unfortunately I do not have photos of me in my dress.

I’ll be carrying a maroon clutch instead of a bouquet and I’ll likely where my locs in an updo.

The wedding is in a botanical garden in April in BC. I’m thinking a piano shawl like the one in the photo, simple studs, and possibly a bracelet. I’m open to an necklace but don’t feel that I need it. I won’t be wearing a veil. If anything I’ll wear a flower in my hair.

Leaning towards pearls/white and gold, but open to navy and maroon.

All suggestions (simple and out of the box) are welcome!

TIA 🙏🏾

Hive minds: Seeking accessory suggestions 1

Hive minds: Seeking accessory suggestions 2

Hive minds: Seeking accessory suggestions 3

8 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on March 8, 2019 at 12:58
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you're right about being able to skip the necklace, especially if you're going to have the shawl. Like Tori said, I'd be mindful about how it'll affect your dress's train in photos, but if you get cold, definitely throw it on and warm up!

I think some nice drop earrings would suit the look better than studs, especially if your hair is in an updo. I also like the flower in the hair idea, especially if you're getting married in Botanical Gardens!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is so gorgeous, you’re going to look amazing!!! I think your instincts are great, definitely skip the necklace and go for a bracelet instead. I’m wondering if you might want dangly earrings instead of studs though, so have some sparkle?

I don’t like pearls so much, I read somewhere that pearls are bad luck for a wedding and I’m a sucker for superstition, but what about yellow gold? It’s so rich and luxurious, espcially if maroon is one of your colours?

I LOVE the shawl idea - I’m wearing one too, for our cultural dance at the reception.

• Leah
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Noted.
    Thanks!
    Aesthetically, I’ll try to go without but have one as a backup just in case!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What my FH's cousin's bride did was tough it out Smiley atonished she got married in September outside and it was unusually cold that day (like -2) and then she was inside for the reception so she was fine inside. Then toughed it out again at night for the sparkler pictures.
    It depends on how long you plan on wearing it, I mean - maybe just not for the pictures? And then wear it in-between outside photos?
    Buuut, at the same time - if you normally would wear something like a shawl then just wear it y'know?
    Like, if it's who you are then don't shy away from it because others don't care for it. It's what makes you you!
  • Leah
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hear you re the shawl but then what do I use to cover my shoulders if I’m cold?
    Maybe a simple cardigan?
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't go with the shawl - it covers up the low back on your dress and would just cover it up and stop the train from flowing like it does in the second picture!

Whichever way you go, I think a simple bracelet and studs work perfectly. Maybe pearl earrings and a silver bracelet though. A pearl bracelet just doesn't "go" in my mind (then again I put some pretty different combos together so...?).

• Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love your dress I would say skip the shawl and do drop earring no necklace and a bracelet for a timeless look. Also you can do add a maroon lip color if you want to tie the color in.
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're wearing the shawl- I would pick either a bracelet or a necklace. Not both, or else it might look busy! I would keep it really simple with silver or pearls.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics