Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leah
VIP April 2019 British Columbia

Marriage Mission Statement and Vision Board

Leah, on March 21, 2019 at 18:32 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8

Huzzah! We just completed our 4th and final premarital counselling session!

Our assignment for that final session was to create a marriage mission statement, and vision board. We've both had a busy couple of weeks and I wasn't sure if we were going to get it done on time, but we stayed up late and woke up early, and came up with products that we proudly showed off to our counselor, like children showing an art to their parents. It was the first time we've done something like that as a couple, and the process is one of the things I most appreciate about the task.

Whether you've opted to do premarital counseling or not - will you and your significant other create a mission statement before your wedding? What about a vision board?

I'm hesitant to make our mission statement public at our wedding (ie welcome table), but I do like the idea of framing it and displaying it in our home. The vision board will be hung (maybe on our fridge if it can stay up), and we'll add to it in the future.

(This is not ours. This comes from a Google search)Marriage Mission Statement and Vision Board 1

8 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on April 10, 2019 at 04:13
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's a really lovely thing to have going into your marriage! FH and I aren't doing any sort of pre-maritial counselling, but I can absolutely appriciate the significance of it all Smiley smile

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally understandable.

We intentionally chose a counsellor who didn’t focus on religion (much to my mother’s chagrin 😜).

It’s definitely not for everybody but it was a great resource for us and following through with it helped us feel all the more prepared for this next stage of our lives.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't/won't do any pre-marital counselling for us personally we don't think it's necessary plus it seems more like a thing for a religious couple and we are not.
    I like the idea of you framing it and displaying it in your home. For us we won't be doing this, we will have our vows for this. We will probably have them framed in a collage frame along with wedding photos.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love this so much. We are planning on framing our vows, just as a reminder of our promises to each other, but I like calling it a "mission statement" - it makes it seem kinda fun and not so somber Smiley smile

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As a couple who isn't doing pre-marital counselling, I really like the idea of having a mission statement in your home/printed versions of vows to remind us why we got married!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love the idea! We are starting our classes April 2nd and I am so excited for them to start!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did the premarital counselling and didn't have to do this. I really love the idea of you framing this in your home and that you both got to work on it together to create it!

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow Leah, this is a beautiful idea! I'm excited to see some responses from people who have done/plan to do this!

I love that you are going to display it in your home. It will always remind you of the fun you and your SO had creating it as you were preparing for your wedding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics