Skip to main content
Allison
Allison

London, Ontario · From November 2017

From London Ontario, FH from Kingsville/Leamington. We now live in Thunder Bay with our 2 cats!

Happily married 🎉

October 19, 2019

1622days 18hrs

Discussions

Allison
Ceremony/reception Gap: Where does Cocktail hour fit in?
Allison of Plan a wedding, On March 13, 2019 at 14:27

I know there has been discussions about this before, but I feel like my situation is pretty unique so any input is appreciated. Our ceremony and reception are at the same place, but in different...

Stacey, monday 18-Oct-21 25 787
Allison
10.19.19 Photos
Allison of Just married, On January 17, 2020 at 15:02

I have had all 500+ of our wedding photos for nearly 2 months now (we were promised 350 and our photographer nearly DOUBLED the amount!!) and I'm just now getting around to posting lol. Between...

Allison, saturday 14-Mar-20 24 241
Allison
Thank you cards - addressing parents
Allison of Just married, On January 6, 2020 at 11:50

Hi everyone, happy new year! I'm at the point where I've started to write thank you cards, still on track to send them out around the 3 month post-wedding mark, but I need some help with the parents'...

Allison, friday 17-Jan-20 26 852
Allison
Stories vs. Hashtags
Allison of Plan a wedding, On December 16, 2019 at 13:52

Hello everyone! During today's Monday game, Old School vs. Online Collecting Guest photos, I realized that not a lot of guests used our hashtag, which I'm glad I didn't put too much thought into it...

Allison, thursday 19-Dec-19 8 132
Allison
Odd rant, but my wedding theme drives me nuts now!
Allison of Just married, On December 2, 2019 at 14:12

Before I get too into it, I want to say I still loved how our theme turned out for our wedding (peacock, tropical) and if I had to do it all again, I'd choose that theme in a heartbeat. However, now...

Ashley, friday 6-Dec-19 13 216
Allison
Neuhauser est. 10.19.19
Allison of Just married, On October 21, 2019 at 11:26

Our day was absolutely amazing!!! It's true what everyone says, it's a long day, but it goes by fast in the blink of an eye! We only had a few things not go to plan; - My MOH called Friday at noon...

Allison, tuesday 3-Dec-19 46 344
Allison
Sneak Peaks arrived right before our honeymoon!
Allison of Just married, On November 2, 2019 at 16:16

If you were wondering why I was inactive, it was because my husband and I were on our honeymoon - cruising the Caribbean! Before we boarded our ship, our photographer got us our sneak peaks, which she...

Allison, wednesday 6-Nov-19 22 173
Allison
Almost there!!
Allison of Before the wedding, On October 18, 2019 at 21:48

At the hotel now and they are setting up our reception! Had our rehearsal and everyone is ready to go! FH and I have some nerves but we’re both excited to become the Neuhausers tomorrow - one more...

Ashley, tuesday 22-Oct-19 9 162
Allison
Single digits now!!
Allison of Before the wedding, On October 10, 2019 at 13:36

We're now 9 days out from the wedding! Vendors are all confirmed, I'm almost done packing (leaving for London on Saturday), got my dress from the seamstress, hair and nails done for the wedding too!...

Allison, thursday 17-Oct-19 16 177
Allison
October Brides Rise Up!
Allison of WeddingWire, On October 1, 2019 at 09:43

It's officially October and I know plenty of us are getting married this month!! For some, it's this weekend, for others, it's later on in the month. I honestly can't believe it's October - when we...

Allison, saturday 5-Oct-19 18 140
Allison
The need to rant!!
Allison of Before the wedding, On September 30, 2019 at 14:10

I've definitely ranted about this before, but things I felt have taken a turn for the worst. ICYMI, at the start of September, my MOH started her last semester of university and it's going more...

Allison, tuesday 1-Oct-19 20 171
Allison
Making progress - Getting there!
Allison of DIY, On August 13, 2019 at 13:47

The last few weekends I've been keeping busy with DIY - I've got lots done, just need to print out place cards as people RSVP "yes" and eventually make a seating plan Also need to get the welcome sign...

Allison, wednesday 25-Sep-19 14 141
Allison
diy until I Die
Allison of DIY, On August 29, 2019 at 14:30

I was able to get some more DIY done while in London last week - started building centerpieces, got the card box finished, and printed off a foam board sign! The wedding vision is really starting to...

Allison, wednesday 25-Sep-19 14 141
Allison
Gift Idea for anyone who might be stuck!
Allison of DIY, On September 5, 2019 at 14:00

Men are usually harder to buy for, am I right?! I was trying to figure out dads/FH gifts and was coming up empty - then I realized that all parties love card games! I’m getting my dad, FH’s dad and my...

Allison, wednesday 25-Sep-19 18 154
Allison
1 month (30 days) to go!!
Allison of Plan a wedding, On September 19, 2019 at 13:32

We're officially at that 1 month mark now!! There's been some hiccups/stress leading up to this moment, but hopefully it's relatively smooth sailing now. My MOH is definitely feeling the...

Allison, monday 23-Sep-19 11 111
Allison
What's one piece of advice you'd give your past self?
Allison of Plan a wedding, On September 6, 2019 at 11:44

Happy Friday everyone!! Let's have some fun! Lots of us here have been planning for over a year, others have a few months of planning done. Now that you've gotten some planning under your belt, what's...

Allison, tuesday 17-Sep-19 36 285
Allison
RSVPs - dealing with the first decline
Allison of Plan a wedding, On July 31, 2019 at 19:43

We are starting to get RSVPs back for our wedding, which is great! I knew going into it that around 10-15% will end up declining, but getting the first decline today still kinda sucks. For context,...

Allison, tuesday 17-Sep-19 35 545
Allison
Rehearsal Dinner Seating
Allison of Before the wedding, On September 11, 2019 at 15:58

This weekend my mom, FH, FSIL and I are starting to put together the seating chart for the wedding! We have lots of wine on hand for it lol That being said, is/did anyone do(ing) a seating plan for...

Allison, monday 16-Sep-19 17 105
Allison
Officially Double Digits!!
Allison of Before the wedding, On July 12, 2019 at 12:03

Today is definitely an exciting day since we are now 99 days from the wedding, and officially in the double digits for our countdown!!! I feel like things are coming together! To celebrate, I'm...

Allison, monday 16-Sep-19 11 122
Allison
b list with Declines
Allison of Plan a wedding, On September 4, 2019 at 14:27

I feel like a make a discussion every-other day talking about the guest list lol! Anyways, I posted a few days ago about my dad inviting his cousins. I told him that he could invite them but that...

Allison, monday 16-Sep-19 29 186
Allison
Got our Licence today!!
Allison of Plan a wedding, On September 12, 2019 at 15:52

Not really much to discuss, but my FH and I went down to City Hall and got our licence so we are able to get legally married now!! 37 more days until "I do" now! For anyone in Ontario, you can...

Allison, monday 16-Sep-19 33 179
Allison
Shower Photobooth fun!
Allison of Before the wedding, On September 2, 2019 at 20:44

Well I had my bridal shower August 24 and it was a such a fun day! We had an I do BBQ afterwards with my FH and all the guys so it was a fun party! I have some photos from the our "photobooth" with...

Ashley, thursday 12-Sep-19 17 113
Allison
MOH final year of school - rant
Allison of Plan a wedding, On August 27, 2019 at 15:06

I have 5 discussions I want to post since I got so much accomplished last week, but I currently need to rant! My MOH is in her final year of university this year (just has to do this semester) and she...

Allison, wednesday 11-Sep-19 23 199
Allison
Family Photos - Just Immediate or Extended?
Allison of Plan a wedding, On August 28, 2019 at 13:42

Hi Everyone! After meeting with our photographer, I'm wondering what people usually do for their family photos - We were thinking just immediate family: grandparents, parents, siblings, nieces and...

Allison, wednesday 11-Sep-19 32 215
Allison
Parents keep adding to guest list
Allison of Plan a wedding, On August 30, 2019 at 21:51

Hey everyone, I know I’m not the only one that this has happened to, but I’m not sure what to do. My dad texted me a few hours ago asking if he could invite his cousin and her husband. Guys, my RSVPs...

Ashley, wednesday 11-Sep-19 8 158
Allison
Thank-you Speech
Allison of Wedding reception, On September 3, 2019 at 13:47

So I know my FH and I will be making a thank you speech at the end of the toasts but I'm trying to figure out how to do it without sounding like an Academy Award Acceptance Speech. I do want to...

Allison, thursday 5-Sep-19 21 229
Allison
Trials done last week!
Allison of Wedding fashion, On August 30, 2019 at 14:24

It's hard to believe we're now 50 days away from the wedding!!! I had my hair and makeup trials last week and it's about time I shared! I actually did them on separate days (due to artist...

Allison, wednesday 4-Sep-19 20 173
Allison
Friends in Low Places
Allison of Plan a wedding, On July 9, 2019 at 14:14

So I think I've decided what to do with the 12 year old cousin, so here's a new problem: I've been sitting on this for awhile, it's been bothering me for a few weeks now so I think I need to get this...

Ashley, wednesday 21-Aug-19 13 133
Allison
Mom wants Make Up trial?
Allison of Beauty, On July 22, 2019 at 14:38

Has anyone else had their mom or FMIL wanting a make-up trial as well as you? My mom told me she doesn't want a full trial - but she wants to try on lashes and get a foundation match (her current fave...

Allison, monday 22-Jul-19 8 140
Allison
Guest list rules for kids is established, except for one cousin
Allison of Plan a wedding, On July 8, 2019 at 14:22

Hey everyone, Almost done ironing out the guest list for sending out invitations. We're writing in how many seats each household gets on the invitation so hopefully people won't write in plus ones and...

Allison, friday 12-Jul-19 14 157
Allison
diy Invites success!
Allison of DIY, On July 3, 2019 at 13:52

The invitations I designed from scratch turned out amazing!! I couldn't find anything I really liked in a template so I designed by own using Adobe Illustrator. I think it's definitely a do-able DIY...

Allison, thursday 4-Jul-19 14 123
Allison
One wedding down, one more to go!
Allison of WeddingWire, On June 26, 2019 at 14:08

As most of you know, I was in a wedding last Saturday as my bridesmaid's bridesmaid! She looked so beautiful and it makes me so excited for my own wedding in 4 months! My FH and I also did some...

Allison, tuesday 2-Jul-19 15 128

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics