Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Allison
Master October 2019 Ontario

Mom wants Make Up trial?

Allison, on July 22, 2019 at 14:38 Posted in Beauty 0 8

Has anyone else had their mom or FMIL wanting a make-up trial as well as you?

My mom told me she doesn't want a full trial - but she wants to try on lashes and get a foundation match (her current fave gathers in her wrinkles and doesn't want that for the wedding). Should I contact my MUA and ask if this is possible? My mom said she'd pay if she gets anything done but in my contract it's explicitly said that all payment is collected all at once the morning of and it's a fixed number.

I guess the worst that can happen is that the MUA says she can't do it, but I wanted to see if anyone else ran into this. We could also go to Sephora and get a foundation match/lashes to try on but my mom would rather work with the MUA for our wedding. I've also told her that the MUA probably has experience working with moms/older brides who have wrinkles and probably has a foundation that works well for them.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on July 22, 2019 at 16:51
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's another option, but I don't want the MUA to think that she has to do this for us, if that makes sense.

I'm probably going to ask about a separate appointment for her as well, my mom is willing to pay, which is good too!

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, I have never heard of it, but my step mom wanted a trial for her hair. I have talked to my hair and makeup artist, and she was ok with doing it, but my step mom didn't want to pay what was being charged basically.

What if she goes with you to your trial and asks any questions then?

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's true, I didn't think about doing this as a new client!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what I was thinking - if by chance the MUA says no to paying a little extra for that to be added then you could always reach out as a new project/client to see about getting your Mom's skin matched and eyelash's tried on.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, she told me she didn't want a full trial, just lashes and a foundation match/test. I just did some looking at my MUA's website and even if she isn't allowed to my trial, she can probably book a make-up application!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ohh okay haha if you don't mind her coming to your apt then thats fine- if you want that time to be about you and she won't take it over then bring her.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask, we could go to Sephora but I think my mom would be more comfortable with our MUA doing lashes since like you said, it probably depends on the MUA/brand of lashes.

I didn't think of having my mom just contact her, but I think she wants to tag along with me and then get the lashes/foundation at the same time lol

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't heard of it, but you could ask and see. The lashes honestly find it depends on person applying if they last all day. It doesn't seem anything you say will make your mom happy with suggesting other things. I would tell her she can contact your MUA directly and arrange a trail if she wants one. This way she can pay it and deal with her and her questions. This could also really reassure her

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics