Skip to main content
Alana
Alana

Hamilton, Ontario · From August 2019

Hi everyone! My fiancé Sean and I got engaged the summer of 2019 while on vacation in Nova Scotia and we dove right into planning! We are getting married... View more

Hi everyone! My fiancé Sean and I got engaged the summer of 2019 while on vacation in Nova Scotia and we dove right into planning! We are getting married in our neighbourhood at a gorgeous location surrounded by our closest friends and family! We are hoping to keep this day affordable and we plan to do as much DIY as possible. I cannot wait for our big day!

Happily married 🎉

July 31, 2022

652days 10hrs
Hank
Insurance for Wedding/engagement Ring?
Hank, On September 15, 2020 at 23:14

Did anyone insure their engagement rings and wedding bands? If so, did you do it through your home insurance or another company? How much does it cost? For those who didn't, are you planning to and...

Kayla, monday 21-Sep-20 18
Miranda
Reception etiquette
Miranda, On August 4, 2020 at 09:11

We are having a private ceremony October 18, 2021 and then hosting a reception dinner November 2021. The issue we’re facing now is that the venue we wanted is booked all Saturdays for November. But...

Vinod, saturday 8-Aug-20 8
Olivia
Dress shopping advice
Olivia, On August 4, 2020 at 16:56

Hi everyone! I’m going to dress shopping in two weeks, I’m super excited but also a little overwhelmed. I always thought I knew what style I wanted but now I have no idea! Any advice on how not to go...

Holly, saturday 8-Aug-20 11
R
Lowkey centre pieces
Rachel, On July 27, 2020 at 19:17

How do people feel about using pretty potted plants as centre pieces for people to take home?

A-W, tuesday 28-Jul-20 6
Tianna
Alternative Wedding Dress for private ceremony
Tianna, On July 26, 2020 at 23:09

Hey everyone! My fiancé and I have decided to do a private ceremony this year and do a reception next year with the family. We are planning on having the ceremony at a cottage so I want to keep my...

Gina, monday 23-Nov-20 9
L
We did it, We got married during Covid!
LJ Hisey, On July 26, 2020 at 09:55

We did it! Let me tell you I am so glad we decided to go with the flow and have an intimate wedding in our parents backyard. It was so special and amazing to have the closest 25 people with us to...

Veronica, wednesday 5-Aug-20 19
Charlotte
How many dress shops?
Charlotte, On July 25, 2020 at 17:11

How many bridal shops did you visit to find “the one”?

Charlotte, sunday 26-Jul-20 19
Charlotte
Summer 2021 brides - dress shopping?
Charlotte, On July 21, 2020 at 17:56

Summer 2021 brides - Do you have your dress already? If not when are you going to try some on? I feel like without COVID I’d probably be looking and trying some on now but with all the restrictions in...

Karina, thursday 23-Jul-20 5
Emily
Outdoor Ceremony Locations Hamilton Area??
Emily, On July 19, 2020 at 17:15

Hi everyone! My fiancé and I are pretty much throwing our own wedding but we are stuck on finding a location for an outdoor ceremony that can seat 200 guests. We already have a reception venue and we...

Emily, monday 20-Jul-20 8
Julia
Need Recommendations !!! (toronto Area)
Julia, On August 7, 2018 at 15:55

Hello Loves ! I just need some help and recommendations! looking for some options on DJS and Photography also Video!!!! xo

Kristen, wednesday 3-Feb-21 10
Alana
Dress shopping after gaining weight
Alana, On July 9, 2020 at 11:42

Hi there! I have unfortunately gained a bit of extra weight during quarantine. I am ok with this gain and comfortable with my body. However, I know that some of it will eventually come off before my...

Amelia, monday 13-Jul-20 11
Laura
How to include friends when not having a bridal party
Laura, On March 8, 2020 at 22:09

FH and I decided right away not to have a bridal party as it would mean having to have seven people on each side (no thanks). However, I know my best friend would really want to be my MOH and I am...

Carly, tuesday 17-Mar-20 10
Jessica
Road trip honeymoons - help
Jessica, On August 21, 2017 at 17:07

Hi all! I am leaving for my road trip honeymoon in about a week. We are hauling our trailer around and I would love to hear from others who have done something similar! We are heading down the West...

Alana, saturday 22-Feb-20 3
Kelsey
Men's Suits- Trying to find brown! Help!
Kelsey, On February 15, 2020 at 18:37

Hello wonderful future married people! My FH and I are hoping to find something in the world of brown for him and his groomspeople. We're having a hard time finding a place where he can actually try...

Ashley, tuesday 18-Feb-20 8
Alana
Planning with a longer engagement
Alana, On February 11, 2020 at 15:58

Hi everyone! We are getting married on Aug. 1, 2021. And we will have been engaged for two years by the time we are married. Not a super long engagement but I still feels to early to start. We’ve...

Taylor, tuesday 3-Mar-20 29
Lynnie
What are your plans for Valentine's Day?
Lynnie, On February 14, 2020 at 11:22

Happy Valentine's Day!! How are you and your fiancé(e) celebrating the holiday? Are you sharing a quiet night together at home? Do you have a romantic comedy picked out for movie night? Are you...

Ashley, tuesday 10-Mar-20 16
M
First dance song - help!
Megan, On January 21, 2020 at 20:18

Hi everyone! So I feel like I made a post similar to what I’m going to talk about now but that just goes to show that this is still an unresolved issue LOL... so my FH and I are really struggling on...

Hank, friday 14-Feb-20 19
Genna
Bridesmaid proposal
Genna, On January 20, 2020 at 20:43

I want to give my bridesmaids a little goody box to “officially “ ask them to stand for my wedding ! I would really love some real life inspo from you folks 😊 thanks in advance

Jamie, thursday 23-Jan-20 19
Cliodhna
Are you taking engagement photos? 📷
Cliodhna, On January 16, 2020 at 09:05

Engagement photos are a great opportunity to capture some beautiful, professional photos of you and your fiancé(e) to have forever. It’s also a great way to get to know your photographer, practice...

Darren, saturday 15-Feb-20 18
Jordan
Too early?
Jordan, On January 13, 2020 at 22:37

We got engaged a couple of months ago. We set a date that is just under two years away. Is it too early to start planning and making deposits?!

Jamie, thursday 23-Jan-20 20
Lynnie
Where did your proposal happen?
Lynnie, On January 13, 2020 at 09:05

Popping the question takes some serious planning! Where did your proposal happen? Did the proposal happen at home, or somewhere public? Was the proposal planned in a sentimental location? Share where...

Melissa, saturday 16-May-20 36
Jess
Rude to not invite kids or certain parts of the family?
Jess, On January 12, 2020 at 07:58

I have two dilemmas. I am having a 50 person or so wedding in October. The groom and I decided to each invite around 25 people. Not an issue for the groom as he has a small family. I on the other hand...

Ashley, friday 17-Jan-20 22
Rayanne
Wedding show in Niagara
Rayanne, On January 11, 2020 at 11:58

So this is the second wedding show I've been to, one great thing about a long engagement. I'm really excited. I know how I want to tackle this one. I'm definitely going to the second fashion show. The...

Ashley, tuesday 14-Jan-20 15
Lynne
Makeup and Hair
Lynne, On January 1, 2020 at 18:58

Hi everyone, I'm curious to know if some of you will be doing their own hair and makeup on your big day. I'm still undecided whether to have it professionally done or do it myself.

Megan, wednesday 5-Feb-20 31
Riley
Best Wedding Planner Book
Riley, On January 1, 2020 at 19:25

I am from Ontario and I am looking to purchase a customizable wedding planner book (must ship to Canada). Please share with me your favourites !

Cliodhna, tuesday 7-Jan-20 5
Meaghan
Insurance on your engagement ring?
Meaghan, On December 20, 2019 at 01:25

Hey, I recently got engaged and I've been reading some blogs about insuring the ring. Have you all done so? I know it did cost quite a few bucks so I'd like to have your own opinions/experiences...

Sasha, friday 27-Dec-19 11
K
Engagement photos
K, On December 21, 2019 at 15:51

Let’s see those engagement photos! need some ideas!!

Jess, sunday 29-Dec-19 20
Sinéad
Brides of 2021! Show us your ring!!
Sinéad, On May 29, 2019 at 11:00

Congratulations to our 2021 brides! It’s time to show off your beautiful bling! Post a picture below of your new sparkler! 💍 Photo by Marissa Hanna Photography in Edmonton

Victoria, wednesday 22-Dec-21 255 1
Alana
Engagement Photos
Alana, On November 21, 2019 at 18:46

We finally got some engagement photos back and I cannot stop staring at them! I had to share a few!! 😍

Amanda, monday 23-Dec-19 15

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics