Skip to main content
Sheena
Sheena

Burnstown, Ontario · From April 2019

Lukas and I met back in high school from a snowboarding trip with a mutual friend. We've been good friends since, having road trip and hiking adventures.... View more

Lukas and I met back in high school from a snowboarding trip with a mutual friend. We've been good friends since, having road trip and hiking adventures. Two years ago on Canada Day we finally decided to end the "song and dance" and start dating. We both enjoy experiences over material goods which lead us to throwing a simple wedding but with lots of character and events for our guests. Originally we were planning to elope but decided it was best to include friends and family. I really enjoyed planning for the wedding. So much so I'm still so excited to see what everyone else is planning for theirs. Here to give advice especially on rural and do-it-yourself weddings. Also here for more tips/ ideas to help with some other weddings I will be apart of. I love to keep it as unique as you and your partner are and keep it simple!

Happily married 🎉

August 10, 2019

1743days 8hrs
Sheena
1861 is having a sale 'til August 23rd.
Sheena, On August 18, 2020 at 08:12

Not sure who needs to hear it but if you are looking for dresses/ brides maid dresses online you may want to check out this Montreal based online shop. 1861.ca

Amelia, tuesday 18-Aug-20 1 70
Stephanie
Diy cake
Stephanie, On January 2, 2020 at 08:18

I feel like this is an awful idea when I think about the week before. I'm making my own decoration and hiering someone for the backdrop and hanging fabric, I'm doing my bouquets and all the flowers in...

Celine, thursday 27-Aug-20 33
Miranda
We finished our wedding bands!!!
Miranda, On March 26, 2020 at 15:40

My love and I handmade our matching wedding bands and I am sooooooo pleased with how they turned out! We used purple heartwood and selenite for the inlay. Only 64 days to go!!

Sheena, friday 8-May-20 13
Monique
DIY Playlist
Monique, On February 2, 2020 at 20:44

So my fiance and I decided to make our own playlist since we didn't think that many people would dance and we don't have enough money in the budget for a DJ. We've got about 6.5 months until our...

Tracy, wednesday 11-Mar-20 34 3
Alyxandra
Wedding Dress Woes
Alyxandra, On November 24, 2019 at 20:40

Hi!! I am having some major anxiety over selecting my dress. I have perhaps done a bad thing and tried on too many and now I am dealing with some major decision paralysis as I have a few I really do...

Vincent, saturday 30-Nov-19 44
Sarah
Venue help
Sarah, On September 3, 2019 at 15:42

Ugh, I’m ready to elope 😂 finding a nice venue for our Halloween 2020 wedding is a pain in the ass. I’ve emailed and called over 85 people already ranging from Guelph to misssauga. We’re only having...

Sarah, sunday 29-Sep-19 15
Madisyn
How did you handle things not going as planned?
Madisyn, On August 16, 2019 at 21:10

I've learned (the hard way) that things don't always go the way you wanted with wedding planning. First, we found out today that my FH's first cousin is getting married on the same day as our legal...

Madisyn, thursday 5-Sep-19 31
Taylor
Society pressures.
Taylor, On August 25, 2019 at 21:36

I am struggling so hard finding a wedding dress. Our colors just black and its very laid back and not that traditional. I feel so obligated to wear white but I havnt found a single dress in white or...

Taylor, thursday 29-Aug-19 25
Katherine
Can’t decide on wedding colours.
Katherine, On July 25, 2019 at 19:39

I need some advice! I can’t decide on wedding colours. My wedding is in august(next year) id love to put the guys in navy suits with brown shoes. I love the look of brightly coloured flowers since I...

Sheena, tuesday 20-Aug-19 7
Sarah
String lights & mason jars - need opinions pls
Sarah, On August 8, 2019 at 17:30

Two decor questions: 1. We plan on using two lines of string lights to form an X above us at the reception. From balcony to balcony, it’s 31 feet. So I think we’ll need two boxes of like, 35 ft each?...

Sheena, friday 16-Aug-19 11
Sheena
95% finished my diy dress!
Sheena, On August 3, 2019 at 12:14

I just want to show off my hard work and hopefully inspire anyone who may be considering making their own dress. I’m just a beginner sewer and took this on afteraltering only a couple of dresses by...

Sheena, friday 16-Aug-19 9
Miav
Average bridesmaids dress price?
Miav, On July 31, 2019 at 01:02

3 of my bridesmaids will be coming in from other countries, 20+ hours of flights and almost 2000cad worth of flight tickets, just to attend my big day. I am thinking to pay for their dresses as part...

Miav, saturday 3-Aug-19 18
Elizabeth
Who is getting married on August 10th???
Elizabeth, On July 17, 2019 at 10:14

I am feeling really excited. Countdown is definitely on! What is everyone looking forward to the most about their wedding day??? Also, if you are giving a gift to your husband to be. What are you...

Elizabeth, tuesday 13-Aug-19 12
Missa
Reception Entrance songs - Oldies/ 90s songs suggestions?
Missa, On July 9, 2019 at 11:25

I am almost done picking my songs, left on my list is the mother/son dance and our entrance for the song at the reception. My FH and I are not huge fans of pop music in general, we generally listen...

Sheena, wednesday 17-Jul-19 6
Victoria
Friday wedding: Yay or Nay?
Victoria, On June 28, 2019 at 16:05

So my FH and I are looking at having our wedding in October of 2020. We've found a venue we absolutely love and is probably a bit out of our price range, but they offer an excellent deal for having a...

Fiona, tuesday 23-Jul-19 41
Joey
Your wedding in numbers! How many months is your engagement?
Joey, On September 4, 2017 at 08:04

Welcome to this week's game! It's a quick get to know you game. For each question, answer with your number. So... By the time of your wedding, how many months will you have been engaged? Photo by Wee...

Kathleen, wednesday 27-Oct-21 156
Sheena
Entertaining Kids
Sheena, On June 20, 2019 at 13:10

We're going to be having a casual BBQ reception and already have some yard games - giant jenga, corn hole and horseshoes. We also live near a beach so we're letting mom's know to bring swimsuits if...

Casey, tuesday 25-Jun-19 7 78
Stephanie
Unique guest book
Stephanie, On June 8, 2019 at 08:50

Hi All, Looking for inspiration for our "guest book". What are you doing or seen that is unique and original? Thanks

Monique, tuesday 27-Aug-19 32
Terri
Need a Dress!!
Terri, On May 18, 2019 at 19:22

I had a dress made and went to try it on yesterday and I hate it!!! It's nothing like the pictures I showed the seamstress. I'm freaking out now cause I have 6 weeks and almost no money left to get a...

Shla, tuesday 18-Jun-19 12
Sheena
Cancelling Wedding and Eloping
Sheena, On May 16, 2019 at 11:54

So we're almost two months away from the wedding and I really want to call it all off and elope instead. It was our original plan and tickets to where we wanted to go are cheap. We had the whole thing...

Rachael, saturday 18-May-19 12
Kelly
Bridal Shower guilt?
Kelly, On May 14, 2019 at 10:42

Is anybody else feeling guilty about having a registry and bridal shower? My mom just sent out the invitations, and now I feel totally weird about the whole thing. I don't like asking for things or...

Allison, wednesday 15-May-19 16
Sheena
Dress with pockets?
Sheena, On May 8, 2019 at 10:04

I'm DIY'ing my dress and debating whether or not to do pockets. I love the idea of pockets but since we are having the wedding (ceremony and reception) at our house I don't think they are necessary. I...

Bianca, wednesday 8-May-19 8
Amelia
diy or Etsy?
Amelia, On May 8, 2019 at 09:15

Hello, I am planning on having a rustic wedding, and I love the idea of DIY. I did find many ideas on Esty, but see they always charge so much. I have heard from some that buying for etsy is worth it,...

Kelly, monday 17-Jun-19 12
Joey
Did you shop for an engagement ring before or after the proposal?
Joey, On May 8, 2019 at 08:05

Did you shop for engagement rings before the proposal? Did you choose or design the ring together once you knew a proposal was coming? Was it purchased in secret before the proposal? Or, did the...

Nicole, wednesday 12-Apr-23 40

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics