Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alyxandra
Beginner October 2020 British Columbia

Wedding Dress Woes

Alyxandra, on November 24, 2019 at 20:40 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 44
Hi!! I am having some major anxiety over selecting my dress. I have perhaps done a bad thing and tried on too many and now I am dealing with some major decision paralysis as I have a few I really do love for different reasons!

I am hoping for some objective opinions of strangers online haha.
Visualizing myself in them when they are actually fit to me is challenging for me I find as well. I find myself not fully in love with one I think because I can’t picture the end result when it is made to fit me.
Wedding Dress Woes 1Wedding Dress Woes 2 Wedding Dress Woes 3Wedding Dress Woes 4Wedding Dress Woes 5Wedding Dress Woes 6Wedding Dress Woes 7Wedding Dress Woes 8

44 Comments

Latest activity by Vincent, on November 30, 2019 at 17:20
  • V
    Newbie February 2020 Alberta
    Vincent ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think you can go wrong, you look amazing in all of them! is there one that you think might be more comfortable for dancing in?

• A
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Off the shoulder 😍😍😍😍
  • Stephanie
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    #3 is by far my favourite!!! Stunning 😍
  • B
    Frequent user July 2020 Saskatchewan
    Brett ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    #3 is my favourite on you. But you look stunning in #1 as well.
  • Britt
    Frequent user July 2020 Alberta
    Britt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Off the shoulders is my favourite,
  • Rachel-Anne
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Rachel-Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the off the shoulder.

I'm going to tell you about my own dress shopping. I did not have a huge "A HA!" moment with my dress. I tried 5 shops and was on a deadline to pick, so I picked what I thought was the most like my personality from my top 5ish selections. I didn't have a big crying moment or was like, now I feel like a bride. A lot of women don't have that, it can be kind of a TV expectation for some of us. Don't punish yourself or stress yourself out. Think maybe, if you looked at these photos in 10 or 20 years, will you feel good about wearing that dress? That helped me chop out quite a few that were "trendy" and I may cringe at down the road. Good luck!

• C
    Newbie October 2021 British Columbia
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The first one looked so elegant on you!
  • Flora
    Frequent user September 2021 British Columbia
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the second one. Looks beautiful and flattering on you
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the second one is my fav! it looks really nice on you!!

• Brittany
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You look absolutely beautiful in all of these! So I can see your dilemma....
    Dress #1 you look SUPER happy in (not sure if this was just the first one you fell in love with or if it’s your final favourite) and the bodice looks amazing on you, but in my opinion you get lost in all the frills at the back. I think the second dress gives you that frilliness you had in the first dress but still compliments your shape and figure. Plus the bodice on dress #2 is also super cute!
    Overall,y favourite is Dress #2... good luck!!
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like Dress 2! I had the same dilemma believe me. I loved 2 dresses and eventually I picked one, but still kept thinking about the other one. It's all a confusing process. My advice is to go for the one you will be most proud to be wearing, the one you want everybody to see you in

• Cash
    Curious May 2022 British Columbia
    Cash ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You look so happy and radiant in the first one, I think I'd choose that one solely based in the fact that you look comfortable, and beautifully bridal!!

On a separate note... do you have any info on the veil you're wearing in the second set of photos?? 😍😍
  • D
    Frequent user June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the third one one you! Although i might just be a sucker for lace. Im never a fan of the see through bodice. As others have said and how i picked mine over others i loved was the fact i never wanted to take it off i twirled around and my face was a big indicator for me in photos, in the first and third dress you look relaxed.
  • Sheena
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    100% agree!
  • T
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    And I just creeped your page and you’re having a fall wedding with burgundy. I love it even more now!
  • T
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Girl...That first dress!!

• S
    Newbie December 2019 Ontario
    Su Sh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a dress worn once that might fit if you're interested. It's worth $3000 and I'm selling for 500.
  • Lindsey
    Newbie July 2020 Ontario
    Lindsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think they are all beautiful dresses but the first one really caught my attention! The neckline is very flattering on you, cinches at your waist nicely and I really like the off-white colour.
  • Vika
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Vika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are all so beautiful! I understand your dilemma. In my humble internet stranger opinion I like the first one the best. It looks soft and elegant and I can really see you shine. It's a great balance of dress-to-person, if that makes sense Smiley smile Whichever dress you choose I know you will look fantastic. At the end of the day, the dress is something you wear once. You have the rest of your lives together, so try not to stress too much about what you're going to wear on that first day

• Kelly
    Curious February 2020 British Columbia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You look beautiful in all of them but I think the first one is the best - you look ethereal and glowing in it. Personally I always prefer A-line skirts over something tighter like mermaid because I find them more flattering.

• Nancy
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Nancy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m also terrible at making decisions so I liked the first one and the one that’s off the shoulder! Either way you’ll look beautiful!
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They're all beautiful!! The 1st one I think is amazing on you! The off the shoulder one looks so good too! I think you'd be more comfortable in the first one though!
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I picked the dress I did not want to take off Smiley smile. Hopefully one of them gave you that feeling?
  • Eunice
    Curious November 2020 Ontario
    Eunice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You look stunning in all pictures but I think you have that “glow” in the first picture. Also the off shoulder trumpet cut dress looks good on you too. But personally, I would choose the first cuz I wouldn’t be comfortable in the trumpet dress Lol But what I learned from trying out dresses is that go with what you imagine yourself walking down the aisle more 😊

Ps if only wedding dresses are cheap, I’d be wearing more than 2 dresses in my wedding Lol
  • Kimberly
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    1st picture as you have a real smile so you must like that one!
  • A
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I adore the first one on you. I think it's really flattering.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You look happiest in dress #1 - and it suits you! I also love your hair lol

• Jessica
    Newbie July 2022 British Columbia
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the off the shoulder one! It's very flattering, elegant, romantic!

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Which one keeps nagging you? Is there one that seems to pop in your mind and keep around almost as if it’s saying “hello! Remember me?” That’s how I picked mine. I saw ones I liked but the first one just kept poking my mind, not letting me forget it. That’s how I was able to decide.
    Certain aspects of the dress are always alterable, but consider what your holdbacks on the dresses are. If they’re an easy fix, keep it in mind. If it would mean restructuring it, it’s probably not worth all the alterations. Maybe that will help weed things down.
  • C
    Curious April 2020 Alberta
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally love the off the shoulder one! It hugs your figure beautifully!

Whichever dress you choose you will look amazing! Just make sure you also feel amazing! I would narrow it down to two that are your absolute, can’t leave without them dresses & then try them again, imagine yourself wearing it down the aisle saying “ I do “ to your best friend. Whichever gives you the feels that’s the one!
    Good luck !!
  • Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I vote for dress #1

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well obviously I say to pick whichever one you like best/ feel like a BRIDE in and can picture yourself walking down the aisle in no matter what anybody here says... but I vote for dress #1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics