Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sheena
Curious August 2019 Ontario

Dress with pockets?

Sheena, on May 8, 2019 at 10:04 Posted in DIY 0 8

I'm DIY'ing my dress and debating whether or not to do pockets. I love the idea of pockets but since we are having the wedding (ceremony and reception) at our house I don't think they are necessary. I am hoping I can reuse/refashion the skirt after so it might be to have the pockets nice for the future.

On the other hand I just want to keep the dress as simple as possible and could always add them later when reconstructing. It'll just be easiest to add them now.

Any thoughts? Will pockets be useful for a little on the unnecessary side?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on May 8, 2019 at 23:22
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Add pockets! They will be so useful on your big day. I wish my dress has some for my miscellaneous things (like chapstick or tic tacs lol).
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pockets are absolutely a must, they are something that you will miss if they aren't there but if they are there and not being used its ok. I wish my dress had pockets

• Sheena
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies! Pockets seem to be a must!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely get the pockets! My bridesmaids almost all have pockets in their dresses and my bridesmaid dress for my friend's wedding has them (she got pockets added to her dress as well)! My dress doesn't have them. but it also has lots of layers in the skirt so I'm unsure if I'll get them added - debating it though!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly I would love the idea of pockets- just make sure they are empty when you take photo's as its noticeable if not. All my bridesmaids have them as it came with. Its just handy if you wanted to keep a lipstick or something on you without having to go get it. You will be busy throughout the day/night and might not have time to grab what you want.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Always go with pockets if it's an option!!!! My dress has pockets and still looks simple (on the bottom)!

Dress with pockets? 1

(Stock photo) You can't even tell that it has pockets because of how much material there is.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love pockets! if you want the pockets, definitely go ahead and put them in!
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pockets are always useful and if you think that you will be refashioning the skirt part then go ahead and do it now.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics