Skip to main content
Julia
Julia

Olds, Alberta · From September 2018

Hi! My name is Julia and I am getting married on August 29, 2019. I have been with my cowboy for just over a year and a half but we have known each other... View more

Hi! My name is Julia and I am getting married on August 29, 2019. I have been with my cowboy for just over a year and a half but we have known each other for about 10 years :) He proposed on August 26, 2018 at our home right before he left for work for 3 weeks!

Happily married 🎉

August 24, 2019

1678days 7hrs
Julia
We did it!
Julia, On September 1, 2019 at 15:57

Our wedding was last weekend and we just got some sneak peeks that I’m dying to share! We had rain on and off all day but it held off long enough for our ceremony to stay outside in our dream...

Chere-Lee, thursday 26-Sep-19 15 168
Kristen
In store or online bridesmaid dresses?
Kristen, On August 27, 2019 at 18:27

Hey ladies. I'm just wondering who is/has bought bridesmaids dresses online? I'm pretty nervous doing it, but online has the exact styles I want my girls in. I can't for the life of my find anything...

Kristen, sunday 1-Sep-19 18
Tori
Wedding Bands
Tori, On May 28, 2019 at 15:56

Hey everybody! I've just GOT TO SEE what you guys have for your wedding bands! What you are going towards? Or, what you would like? Feel free to share your engagement rings so others can suggest if...

Claire, friday 12-Jul-19 18
Julia
Hair and makeup trial
Julia, On June 23, 2019 at 14:05

So Friday I did my hair trial! My regular hairdresser is amazing so I didn’t have to look around to find someone but I still definitely wanted a trial. I showed her a handful of different inspiration...

Erin, tuesday 25-Jun-19 9
Seleena
Let’s Talk About the Grooms!
Seleena, On June 18, 2019 at 11:59

I know we are all so excited to get married, but I haven’t seen much about the grooms and their outfits! Does your groom (or bride) have their outfit yet? What are the colours? My FH is wearing a...

Seleena, monday 24-Jun-19 49
Lynnie
Share your favourite engagement picture! 📷
Lynnie, On June 18, 2019 at 17:47

Have you taken your engagement pictures? Show off your favorite pics and share the inspiration!! Let's see 'em! 📷 Photo by Dezaree A. Photography in Red Deer

Mandy, sunday 23-Jun-19 12
Megan
31 Daysss!!
Megan, On June 18, 2019 at 13:58

Omg it is almost a month until our big day!!! I am low key freaking out with excitement, but also feeling so anxious!! I feel like everything is done minus a few little DIY's and the marriage license...

Erin, friday 21-Jun-19 11
Lynnie
Who is a bigger baby when they have a cold?
Lynnie, On June 10, 2019 at 09:31

We can all act a little helpless when we're sick, but who takes it to the next level in your relationship? You or your fiancé(e)? Next Question: Who's more stubborn? Back to the Beginning: You or your...

Steph, wednesday 11-Sep-19 27
Lynnie
Who did most of the wedding planning?
Lynnie, On June 10, 2019 at 09:31

Here's a question that really counts! Who did most of the wedding planning? You or your fiancé(e)? Photo from Brittany Silla Beauty in Oakville, ON Next Question: Who is more likely to cry on the...

Steph, wednesday 11-Sep-19 30
Joey
Do you have a getting ready outfit?
Joey, On June 6, 2019 at 08:18

Have you picked out a "getting ready" outfit for the morning of your wedding? What will you be wearing before you say "I do"? Robes? Flannels? Your favourite tees?

Hannah, tuesday 16-Nov-21 14
Casey
Wedding Party Dresses!
Casey, On May 28, 2019 at 15:57

Hello Ladies, There are many posts out there of the dresses we have picked to walk down the isle in, but what about your wedding party? I would love to see what dresses your girls/guys have picked for...

Casey, wednesday 5-Jun-19 26
Sharlene
Transportation after the reception
Sharlene, On May 25, 2019 at 13:19

Are you making arrangements for your guests with local taxi companies to take them back to their hotel after the reception or leaving that up to the guests to take care of?

Janaya, tuesday 28-May-19 17
Joey
Canadian Trends and Traditions - The month when you’ll get married
Joey, On May 20, 2019 at 08:23

Though in years past the summer months had been the most popular time to get married, that has shifted. September is now the most popular wedding month in Canada. 20% of couples are having a September...

Alexandra, tuesday 28-May-19 50
Joey
Canadian Trends and Traditions - Length of engagement
Joey, On May 20, 2019 at 08:25

According to the Global Wedding Report, the average length for Candian couples' engagements is 14 months. Is your engagement longer, shorter, or the same? Is your engagement 14 months long? Photo via...

Kat D, wednesday 5-Jun-19 56
Joey
Canadian Trends and Traditions - The month when you got engaged
Joey, On May 20, 2019 at 08:26

Did you know that winter is the most popular time for engagements? "Engagement season" takes place through the winter months (what better way to celebrate your love than snuggling up with your future...

Toni Rose, saturday 7-Sep-19 51
M
Online save the date option??
Malia, On May 21, 2019 at 23:05

Hi! I'm getting married in 8 months but because the wedding is close to Christmas, I want to send save the dates out ASAP so people can plan their vacations. I'm going to be mailing formal...

Julia, wednesday 22-May-19 6
Elizabeth
Bridesmaids dresses
Elizabeth, On May 21, 2019 at 19:37

Hi everyone im looking for a website to order my bridesmaid dresses off of, all my girls are in different provinces so I need to do it online so they can get it delivered to them and get alterations...

Anne-Marie, thursday 8-Apr-21 17
Joey
Fiancé(e) Friday! - Show off your fiancé(e)!
Joey, On March 15, 2019 at 08:05

We've gotten to see you around the community - now we want to see your other half! Share a picture of the yin to your yang, the mac to your cheese, the jelly to your donut! Photo by Chelsea Dawn in...

Melissa, wednesday 17-Apr-19 37
Lynnie
Where are you getting married? Post a picture of your venue!
Lynnie, On March 5, 2019 at 13:05

Where are you getting married? Give your wedding venue a shout out and share a picture below! Photo from Cornerstone Theatre & Restaurant in Canmore, AB

Mario, tuesday 2-Apr-19 51
Lynnie
Does your wedding dress have lace, beading, or both?
Lynnie, On February 26, 2019 at 16:04

What style wedding dress did you decide on? Something with lace, beading, or both?? Photo by Damaris Mia, Dress from Enaura Bridal Keep dishing about your dress in: Wedding Dress Designers! Who are...

Katelyn, wednesday 31-Jul-19 43
Lynnie
Do you have a dress code for your wedding?
Lynnie, On February 20, 2019 at 13:43

Are you requesting a certain dress code for your wedding? I'm attending a black tie wedding this weekend and I'm excited to get all glammed up! What's your wedding dress code, and how are you...

James, thursday 8-Aug-19 16
Magda
Tent wedding - August or October
Magda, On February 13, 2019 at 12:27

Hello, We found a beautiful venue in Mississauga that offer a wedding outside (reception). It would be in a tent. They have two dates available, beginning of August and first weekend of October...

Leah, friday 22-Feb-19 15
Joey
#ShoppingSaturday - Who is going wedding shopping this weekend?
Joey, On February 2, 2019 at 14:05

Who is going to run some wedding errands this weekend? What are you shopping for? Shoes? Favors? Decor? Stationary? Rings?

Kelsie, tuesday 5-Feb-19 14
Joey
#Fiancé(e)Friday - Describe your SO in 10 words or less
Joey, On February 1, 2019 at 08:06

We love starting off Fridays (and kicking off the pre-weekend!) celebrating your significant others. In just one sentence, 10 words or less, describe your special someone to us Photo by Will Kwan...

Bianca, tuesday 5-Feb-19 10
Lynnie
Unique guest book ideas?
Lynnie, On January 29, 2019 at 13:05

Are you using something fun and personal for your guest book? Or incorporating your wedding theme? What will you have your guests sign? My guest book was a sign shaped like the state of North Carolina...

Candace, monday 25-Feb-19 25
Joey
Proposal Perfection - What were you wearing?
Joey, On January 28, 2019 at 09:25

Were you all dressed up when your proposal happened? Were you caught off guard in something casual and comfy? What were you wearing at your proposal? Photo via @justsaidyes >>Next question: Do...

Katelyn, monday 30-Sep-19 31
Alycia
Seating plan
Alycia, On January 28, 2019 at 12:03

I originally wanted to do an open seating plan we don’t have a huge group, 85ish for dinner approx. (no rsvps yet) I thought open seating plan would work since I think we should be grown up enough to...

Alycia, wednesday 6-Feb-19 28
Carley
Looking for bridesmaids dresses in Gta.
Carley, On January 22, 2019 at 16:57

Looking for places other than David’s bridal for bridesmaids gowns. I would love for my girls to be able to rent them, looking for the best and most affordable option. Also, apparently finding silver...

Leah, sunday 27-Jan-19 7
Alexandra
The Second Most Important Dresses!
Alexandra, On January 21, 2019 at 23:25

Good Evening Ladies! I’m just over the 300 day mark (EEP) so it’s time for me to really buckle down and start thinking about bridesmaid dresses for real! I want to see your dresses/contenders! What...

Sydney, thursday 24-Jan-19 16
Kelly
Booking hotel block
Kelly, On January 21, 2019 at 11:06

Wanna pick some people's brains here. I've never booked a block of hotel rooms before and wanted to know if my experience here is the norm. Our wedding venue is about an hour outside the city, so we...

Jenn, monday 21-Jan-19 8
Tori
Groom's & Groomsmen's suits
Tori, On January 17, 2019 at 13:51

All right - what do I need to know??? lol We just got word from one of my Bridesmaids that the store she works at is having a discount on suits (basically slashing the price in half), so we are going...

Joey, wednesday 23-Jan-19 21

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics