Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tori
Top October 2019 Manitoba

Groom's & Groomsmen's suits

Tori, on January 17, 2019 at 13:51 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 21

All right - what do I need to know??? lol

We just got word from one of my Bridesmaids that the store she works at is having a discount on suits (basically slashing the price in half), so we are going to look at them today after work.

Are there any suggestions you might have? Anything you did or didn't like on your Fiancé(e)'s suit? Colour or patterns you would suggest for us? (I know we are going after work - so like 4 hours from now, but what about accessories if we don't buy them tonight as well?)

Our wedding is October 5th this year, our colours are teal, plum, and copper - with plum being the bridesmaid's dress colour (it's my fav. colour and teal is his).

TIA!

21 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on January 23, 2019 at 14:00
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Loving that sash look!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Moores Smiley smile

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the wonderful wedding show discounts as well as material that is on clearance because it's the last of it.

• Julia
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just bought this tie from Moore's. It incorporates almost every colour you stated

Groom's & Groomsmen's suits 1
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That would be so cool if you wore a sash! I'm sure your dad would love it too. There are so many ways to incorporate it into the décor etc even if you decide against the sash. Whatever you decide, I look forward to the pictures!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I looooooooooooooooove this!
    Okay, so my fiance THOUGHT about taking my last name since I'm keeping it anyway and he has no connection to his family's history since his dad was adopted. So my dad got all excited (he has no sons) and was trying to convince my fiance to wear our family's tartan for the wedding day and we could have a small naming ceremony, yadda, yadda...
    Anyway, I don't think my fiance is on board for wearing a kilt, but now I would REALLY love to incorporate the tartan somewhere, so I'm pretty serious about wearing a sash of it...
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're going with Moore's to match colours with my girls. They have custom suits for only $400, which is pretty amazing - all the guys got REALLY excited about getting to pick their own fabrics for the lining.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Which store?

I think the guys are pretty set on Moores though, but it never hurts to look around!

• Hélène
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like the lighter and darker greys. Great idea! I'm sure the ties will all come together, as will the copper details. It's going to look awesome!!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh I like that you're having him in the lighter grey and the GM in the darker!

You could have him in a plum tie while the GM are in teal and I think it'll all tie in if you have a teal accent - so he has your favourite colour and you have his! As I mentioned our 2 groomsmen will have teal ties too, but our best woman will either wear a purple shirt or if she's into it, wear a purple tie.

My FH wants a pop of colour too but we are doing royal blue for our couple's accent colour lol - he'll be in a royal blue tie and I'm gonna have a royal blue garter and I might do a teal-royal blue-purple fade for my nails now! You could also do something like that with copper too.

New-ish Palette: main colours are still teal and purple. Royal blue is an accent, parents are wearing navyGroom's & Groomsmen's suits 2

New nail idea, will still have white on ring nail with a peacock feather design!Groom's & Groomsmen's suits 3

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

After our appointment I know exactly what you mean! We ended up going with a lighter fabric for my Fiancé and the GM will wear a darker grey.

Still don't know about the tie situation. He wants them all to wear teal ties, and I want them to wear plum so his teal tie stands out and then I can wear a teal accent as well, but one of my BM just mentioned looking for ties that were both teal and plum so I will have to see what that looks like first.

As for the cuff links - although my FH will be the only one wearing them, I love that idea of copper for the cuff links! Not sure what the GM will have but we could always get them copper flasks I suppose.

• Hélène
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like the copper cuff links idea!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love how the teal looks with this grey! And I’m not a fan of teal but it looks so sharp! Love love love!
  • Julia
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Me too! The grey is super sharp!
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Tori,

I know we are doing similar colours (teal/purple) so I'll share my plans/thoughts with you!

Personally, I HATE when the groom is in the same suit as the groomsmen, even if the tie/pocket square are different lol. So everyone will be in grey suits - the groomsmen in light grey and my FH in charcoal (darker grey).

I love the teal with grey, it is what we are doing for our 2 groomsmen and our best woman will have purple accents (tie or shirt, undecided at this point). We have 3 on his side on 4 bridesmaids on mine- two will be in teal dresses and two in purple. Since your bridesmaids are all in plum (I'm assuming) I think all the guys should go in teal then.

I'm probably also going to do matching socks/cuff links so that is definitely something to look for - maybe some copper cuff links?!

• Hélène
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My fiancé's teenage boys (his groomsmen) will be wearing the Black Watch Tartan and he'll be wearing the Flower of Scotland. There are only a few tartans available for rentals, and our budget doesn't allow him to get one made. He's thinking of doing the Prince Charlie but with a tie instead of bowtie. But, he keeps changing his mind.

Kilt Gallery - from The Highland Shoppe in CalgaryGroom's & Groomsmen's suits 4

On my side, the ladies will be wearing navy dresses and the Hamilton tartan will feature prominently - my dad will wear his tie, as will my brother. His kids (our ring bearer and flower girl) will have it incorporated somewhere and I'm still debating how I'll wear it with my dress. I'm thinking the lace-up for the corset back will be Hamilton tartan, and then after I take off my veil, I'll put my sash on. I still have a few months to decide. Smiley smile

The Hamilton tartan of my dad's tie. Groom's & Groomsmen's suits 5I could end up with this colour for my sash depending on the weaver etc.Groom's & Groomsmen's suits 6

NOT me! But, you get the idea of the length of the sash/overall look. Photo credit: Jenny McQueen (from Google)Groom's & Groomsmen's suits 7

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not sure, I would love it if they would maybe wear some cool looking socks, or matching copper bracelets (if they are willing...), but I think that the one thing that they won't have is boutonnieres. I don't like the look of them personally.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love that teal with the navy suit! That would look really good next to the plum! But I do think I like the grey better with it.

What accessories are you looking for? Maybe the guys have them already?

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh, I think I like this look better!!

Groom's & Groomsmen's suits 8

Lmao, is it the same colour kilt for every wedding or did you have to chose the pattern though?

• Hélène
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would vote navy or grey for suits and then, like Julia said, ties and squares in teal/plum.

Thankfully, I don't have to worry about this part - bring on the kilts! lol

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Something like this suit

Groom's & Groomsmen's suits 9

but with a tie like this?

Groom's & Groomsmen's suits 10

I like it! I will for sure see how they look in those!

• Julia
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren’t doing full suits but I’m still gonna give my 2 cents since I love teal lol. I would personally go with either a basic navy or black suit and make your ties and picked squares (if you’re going those!) a nice teal colour Smiley smile would be fun but still classy and would look sharp with the plum dresses!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics