Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Who did most of the wedding planning?

Lynnie, on June 10, 2019 at 09:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 30

Here's a question that really counts! Smiley winking Who did most of the wedding planning? You or your fiancé(e)?

Who did most of the wedding planning? 1Photo from Brittany Silla Beauty in Oakville, ON

Next Question: Who is more likely to cry on the wedding day?

Back to the Beginning: You or your fiancé(e)?

30 Comments

Latest activity by Steph, on September 11, 2019 at 01:24
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing all the research and coming up with most of the ideas, but he has ideas too and all decisions are made together so it's not just me choosing everything
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did 100% of the planning. The few jobs I did give him I eventually just did myself.
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to say I definitely did more, but in like a 60%/40% split. I'm including the honeymoon planning in that because he's taking care of that completely (with input from me, but all actual planning is his). I did more research and we've split a lot of the bigger things. I am taking point on anything more crafty or artistic (like designing our invitations) because he'll be the first to admit not being artsy.

• Kristen
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Unfortunately me. I’d say 80% me, 20% him so far. He’s helped book a few things but other than that not much else. Ironically he’s the one wanting the big wedding (around 120ppl), I wanted to elope or have a very small celebration with just family. He wants to try and help but is a ‘leave things until the last minute even when his bride reminds him too many times’ kind of guy and my anxiety and stress level can’t handle that. I think it’s just a man thing. Good luck! I’m counting down the days (less than 100) until this thing is over and done with! He’s lucky I love him so haha I think I didn’t realize how stressful and ridiculous the process would be and by the time I did it was too late to turn back and plan something smaller (deposits/ save the dates, etc.)
  • S
    Frequent user March 2021 Ontario
    Stiffra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If it isn't exactly 50/50, I would say it's about 60% me and 40% him! We're pretty committed on our wedding day to be a day that reflects both of us, not just my own or his own tastes. I've been doing a lot of the actual planning in terms of emailing out potential vendors, doing a lot of the actual research on venues and vendors, etc., but nothing is done without both of our OKs! I enjoy the research part and organization part of the wedding planning so I show him what I find and we look over it and think over things together.

• Mikaela
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Mikaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most definitely me! I ask for him input and get the "whatever will make you happy" answer. Happy wife, happy life?
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me! I did at least 80% of the planning. My husband isn't great at organizing

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Me! He hasn't really had the time. He's also not much of a planner or organizer - that's my thing
  • Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've done most of the 'figuring out how much everything costs beforehand' and we decide together, it's probably 60% 40% for me
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely me. He definitely contributed to wedding planning, but I would present him with 3 options and have him pick from those.

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That would be me...except for a couple of things that he's been steadfast on since day one.

• Julia
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    1000% me and my mom. I have told him
    about everything but that’s about the extent of his involvement haha
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did. He had some ideas but for the most part I gave him the options after having done all of the research.

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me! I planned everything, asked him if he approved and he just says yes to everything.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was all me... he obviously had input but I took charge of it all.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Me! he’s been involved in all the decisions, but i’ve done all the research and narrowed down the vendors
  • Allison
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely me!

It was tough to find a balance between asking for opinions and advice on the right things. Sometimes he would feel I wasn't asking his opinion on stuff, or including him on things that I didn't think were of importance to him. Then, when I thought it was safe to bring up something he would say he didn't really have an opinion on the matter and I could just pick. Oh boys..

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This gal right here! He took charge with the last of the house renos so it worked out lol

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was all me Smiley smile other than a couple things I asked him for help but he knew I was excited to plan it so I just took off with it

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That would be me!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me for sure lol he hasn't really done any- helps when ask once while

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did. My husband was always involved but all the planning was me
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me for sure. I'm very Type A so I'm happy to do all the researching and planning and just tell him if we have to meet with or pay anyone lol. He did contribute to the big decisions but from here on in it'll be mostly me.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me! But we discussed this beforehand and he said that he just wasn't interested in ALL the details but would be happy to answer questions I had or if I needed his opinion. I am an event planner at heart so I don't mind Smiley laugh

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

100% me. He is not really the planning type. Every decision goes through him before it is final. He just cares about the food and the cake, so he is making those decisions!

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely me. It comes down to him not caring much about the little details and me caring way too much. It's also because I'm a panicker so I just jump on tasks early. he has a final say in everything but I do most to all of the research and prep work.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was the same as Tori with the research and putting the vendor team together. My husband paid for a few things at the end with his thoughts input.

My parents did help and gift us the centerpieces with floral ball rental (he paid for) as he gave some input and found a money box that was beautiful too from the same place. Also, they bought my wedding outfit too when they travelled to India.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did. Planning’s not his thing so he was happy to leave it up to me.
  • Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Me for sure lol. He doesn’t care 😂 he just asks about payments and due dates etc.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me Smiley smile

He had a say in all of the big things - but I was the one who did the research and reached out to the vendors.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics