Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie December 2019 British Columbia

Online save the date option??

Malia, on May 21, 2019 at 23:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

Hi! I'm getting married in 8 months but because the wedding is close to Christmas, I want to send save the dates out ASAP so people can plan their vacations. I'm going to be mailing formal invitations closer to the date, but am wondering what the best way to send save the dates out online for free is? I've looked at evite, paperless post (not free), greeting island, greenvelope (not free), and punchbowl. I've made the design on canva already, so just looking for an avenue to send them out (without having to send individual emails and attach the pdf). Thoughts or ideas?? Thanks!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Julia, on May 22, 2019 at 20:31
  • Julia
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used PaperlessPost and it was SO EASY!! And yes it can absolutely be free Smiley smile you just have to choose a free design and skip on the envelope. My favourite part is that there is an part you can add at the bottom where it asks your guest to
    submit their mailing address for the invitation. Obviously some people missed it but it made it so much easier cause I only had to track down a fraction on my guests addresses!
  • M
    Newbie December 2019 British Columbia
    Malia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh ok, will look into it. Thanks!!
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did email save the dates for the out of province/out of country guests so they could make their travel plans.

Paperless post can be free. You just have to make sure that you use only the free designs and don't add an envelope or liner or anything like that. We did ours with them and didn't pay anything.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have also gotten many invites through Evite for other parties. It is a great thing to have.

Like Tori had said, If you have all their emails make a list and email it out to everyone.

If you are having a wedding website. You can also let everyone know to check that for STD information

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you already have the design and their emails, why not email them all out in one email? You would just put the addresses in the BCC: -that way they can't see who else was sent the email.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've used evite (not for wedding) but it's great. I have also received many invites through evite and I find it very easy to look at and navigate, for a save the date you don't even need to get a response so it should be very easy. I'm not really familiar with the other sites, but if you don't want to send it in email form then I would definitely use evite.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics