Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Curious July 2019 Alberta

31 Daysss!!

Megan, on June 18, 2019 at 13:58 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Omg it is almost a month until our big day!!!

I am low key freaking out with excitement, but also feeling so anxious!! I feel like everything is done minus a few little DIY's and the marriage license :/ ... from my knowledge it only takes a hour and I have it the same day? He works shift work so next time he is off we are going to get it!! Any advice on time line for a marriage license?

I have everything sorted out with the vendors and all decorations planned. I'm feeling ready, just nervous for everything to fall in place.. this is normal right? hahah.

Anyways, I head to Kelowna tomorrow after work for my bachelorette!! I'm so excited Smiley smile

Happy planning!!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on June 21, 2019 at 17:25
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my gosh one more month and you will be married!! I'm sure you are right on track to get everything done that you need. I think it is very normal to feel nervous that all the details will fall into place, you plan for so long with just a vision in your head so you're like this will work right?? lol Let us know how the bachelorette went.

• Julia
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got our license last week. Took us about 20 minutes to get our license Smiley smile. I see a comment below that says that you don’t both have to be there but you definitely do (at least in Alberta you do) They need both signatures basically swearing that all info is correct blah blah blah....

You both need a piece of ID and you also need the full name, birthdate and birth place of both parents, and divorce certificates if either have been married previously!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yay! You're getting so close, it's so exciting! I'm about 45 days or so away from mine!

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have so much fun on your bachelorette!

From my understanding it is a fairly quick process, and you leave the registry with license in hand.

They say any time within 3 months. Sooner I feel like the better, just to cross it off of your list.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Internet search can help to let you know what Alberta's timing for a Marriage License. Every city hall may have different amount and time frame to get the license. Inquire within your area or some of the towns around to compare. Choose the best option.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is so exciting!

Have an amazing time for your bachelorette.

I don't think the license takes long to come in, I would go this week or early next week just so you have it ready to go!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That will be an amazing bachelorette! Very exciting Smiley smile

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are just over 70 days away, can't wait until it's here!

Funny - my FH is off to Kelowna this weekend for his Bachelor party!!! Have a great time!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    SO EXCITING! we just passed the one year mark, and i thought that was exciting! I can’t imagine the one month mark!! Our officiants recommended we wait until about 3 weeks before the wedding to get the marriage license, so you’re right on track!
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So exciting! I just passed the 100 day mark and am also low key freaking out. You only actually need one person to pick up the marriage licence as long as you have the birth certificate of both parties. I believe you get it within a few days.

Have fun at your Bachelorette!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!! You must be so excited!

What do you have planned for your bachelorette (if you happen to know anything)?!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics