Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Unique guest book ideas?

Lynnie, on January 29, 2019 at 13:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 25

Are you using something fun and personal for your guest book? Or incorporating your wedding theme? What will you have your guests sign?

My guest book was a sign shaped like the state of North Carolina (where we met and where we got married)! We plan on hanging it up at home once we move into a bigger space! Smiley shame

Unique guest book ideas? 1

Photo by Samantha Laffoon Photography

25 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on February 25, 2019 at 00:50
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a white heart shaped puzzle that we are using as our guest book that we are going to get professionally framed so we can hang it up in our house Smiley smile
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, all of these are such awesome ideas, everyone here is so creative!! I have no idea what we will do yet, but will continue to follow for inspiration

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having an Autumn styled wedding, with leafs featured in our decor so going with something like below. And Bird is FH last name, so it fits Smiley heart

Leaf Guestbook

Unique guest book ideas? 2

(Not my photo from pintrest)

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol do it!!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting a puzzle made out of wood. The middle piece will have our logo, our names, and the date, and guests can sign anywhere on the rest of it.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I LOVE this idea! I might be stealing it Smiley laugh

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unique guest book ideas? 3

We did the old fashioned way of guest book and customized pen. It will be used for our anniversary party too given there is lots to fill in pages wise.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It is definitely not as unique as a lot of others but we are doing a "Jenga" guest book.

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the idea of a bench that guests can sign that we can use somewhere in the house or garden.My FH likes the idea of a photo frame that people can sign.
  • Paige
    Frequent user June 2019 Manitoba
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We haven’t looked into it just yet but probably something like Costco, Walmart, or maybe shutterfly. I’ll have to look at reviews to see what’s best.
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We were thinking to do something like this. Where do you plan on getting yours done. One of our engagement pictures would be perfect for open space as it's got the sky and water as background...very similar to this.
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and I have known one another since the month I was born. My FMIL has a picture of my FH and I in the bathtub together at ages 1 & 3 lol and she has a picture of us sitting on the couch with his arm wrapped protectively around me. My FMIL is having 1 of the pics enlarged and is buying the frame from Michael's where our Guests will sign around our picture.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is exactly what we are doing for ours! Our first dance song is Calico Skies by Paul McCartney. So we put part of the lyrics on the bottom.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a shadow box and everyone signed a heart and dropped it in. There is enough room that we will add a photo of us in the centre
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a beach/tropical themed wedding, so we are having a 'Message in a bottle' guest book! People will pick a scroll/paper out of the basket. When they unroll it, there will be a year in the top corner (1 thru 10). They can then write their advise/comment, re-roll it and pop it into the corresponding bottle. We will open a bottle on each anniversary to read.

Unique guest book ideas? 4

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I bought 3 of these for wedding decoration and for decoration in our home after!
    Signing one is a fantastic idea!!

• Paige
    Frequent user June 2019 Manitoba
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé took on the task of choosing our guestbook. I gave him a list of ideas off Pinterest and from there he decided it should be a piece of wall art. Today I sent him options for wall art and he/we decided on getting an engagement photo canvas printed for people to sign. We’ll actually take a few shots specifically for this because the pictures we took around our engagement, don’t have a blank enough background. We’ll do something that has a lot of sky. Something like this..

Unique guest book ideas? 5
  • Julia
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé rode bucking bulls for 20 years and now we raise them, so we are going to have a scull painted with the date on it for guests to sign! I already know i have a couple family members that are going to think it’s gross lol but it’s 150% us!!

Unique guest book ideas? 6
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am torn between 2. One is a board with our names and wedding date and guests will sign around it.
    The second is a wooden letter of our last name that guests will sign
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm considering finding a cool globe and having everyone sign that since we're having kindof an adventure theme.

Globe Guest BookUnique guest book ideas? 7

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is actually my FH's idea and we both love it!

We are going to get guests to take a photo of themselves with a Polaroid-like camera and then write a message on the back! We'll have a photo album for them to put the pictures in.

Unique guest book ideas? 8

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our guestbook is a coffee table book from a local author about our destination city (Victoria). We’ll label the front and back cover and ask guests to sign the pages.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were thinking of having these letters I had originally made for photos for the guest book. Not too sure yet though!

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we will be having each guest/couple sign a piece of yard jenga...this way when we play it we will think of our day and them and it's something a little different!

We'll seal the pieces after the wedding so that the signatures and comments won't wear off.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking we might order one of the pictures of sky on our wedding night and have guests sign it! Not set in stone though so I look forward to seeing what others are doing!!

Unique guest book ideas? 9

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics