Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tori
Top October 2019 Manitoba

Wedding Bands

Tori, on May 28, 2019 at 15:56 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 18

Hey everybody!

I've just GOT TO SEE what you guys have for your wedding bands!

What you are going towards? Or, what you would like?

Feel free to share your engagement rings so others can suggest if you are looking for help!

SHARE ALL OF THE PICS!!!

For myself, my FH is going to be away majority of this summer which means I have limited time with him in the city. We have lots to fit into the time he will be in Winnipeg which include our wedding band appointments!

Background: I proposed and therefore we were able to have the two of us design my engagement ring together - so a custom ring would be best for the bands to ensure it fits perfectly as with custom rings there are some happy mistakes here and there.

So - here is my best job at Photoshop showing what we were thinking for the wedding band:

Wedding Bands 1

It would fit against the engagement ring and then my FH made it so that on the left side it is his birthstone (aquamarine) and on the right it is my birthstone (peridot).

His would look similar to this but we haven't settled on his juuuust yet. It would look something like this:

Wedding Bands 2

It would be a simple band that has etching in it to look like my wedding band, and the birthstones would be reversed to have peridot on the left and aquamarine on the right. The part we don't know about is whether we should add some more bling to his - the birthstones on his will be bigger than mine but still..

Also - his reason for reversing the order on his is because on mine I put him first and on his he puts me first, just like in real life Smiley heart

18 Comments

Latest activity by Claire, on July 12, 2019 at 00:03
  • Claire
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our ring looks similar!

Wedding Bands 3
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That looks so cool!! I showed my FH some rings like that and he loves them - I can for sure see us getting something like that for an anniversary

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here's ours! My band has a little curve in it so it fits to nicely around the 3 stones in the middle! I absolutely love it! My husband really wanted a black tungsten right, we happened to find one with blue on it that matched the blue of my sapphires so they match so well too! Rings! Wedding Bands 4

• Julia
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Now that I have my finace’s band....I can finally share! I love mine but I am SO stoked about his! I ordered it off Manly Bands and it is so beautiful! The middle is made from antler Smiley smile he is so excited about it! Also....anyone looking for a unique ring that won’t break the bank I HIGHLY recommend Manly Bands! It shipped within 10 minutes of ordering and I had it in my hands in 9 days. And even with the US exchange it came in under $300 Smiley smile. We have 2 months to go and I’m so excited!

Wedding Bands 5
  • Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yay for august birthdays!! Im all for birthstone things such a cool idea! I hadnt tried or really seen my wedding band(s) until today cuz I got bored and needed a pick me up

Wedding Bands 6

Wedding Bands 7
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love simple - hence my solitaire ring Smiley tongue

Thanks - my FH has good ideas here and there lol

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just a simple diamond band for me to match my ring!

love how you are customizing your band with your birthstones. Such a cool idea!
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is so perfect of him to do!! It would make it one less thing to worry about - one less decision!

LOVE how it goes together so perfect on yours and LOVE how solid his is!

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is actually such an amazing design! I love that you have both birthstones in there. It’s super original and looks so good together!
    My FH got me a set, so they match and I don’t have to go shopping (yay!)

Wedding Bands 8

Wedding Bands 9
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeppp august 12th for me !.. that's a lot of leo's for you haha.....

Well, he should be then.. it's a great idea and also beautiful !

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yay!! August birthday? (I've got my cousin on the 6th, mine on the 9th, my Baba's on the 16th, and my Dad's on the 19th!)

As for cleverness - that's all on the FH, and he won't let anybody forget it Smiley tongue He's so proud of what he has come up with.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My birthstone is peridot as well !!!! I love custom rings and yours is absolutely beautiful.. I love the thought behind it and having a bit of you both in it.. so clever.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well.. initially no. I didn't.. but my fiance's Granny has her deceased sister's wedding band which looks almost identical to mine.. it's a bit thinner and needs a really good cleaning but she offered it to me as my band since it's a family ring and once she saw my engagement ring and noticed how similar they are. My fiance politely declined because she really wanted to buy me a new one for our wedding, but then I had the idea of taking it, having it cleaned really well and then giving it to me on an anniversary and I would wear it on top.. it matches and it means a lot to the family and it was sooooo touching to have it offered to us.. my fiance liked that idea a lot.

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Gorgeous! have you considered getting two bands? Not right now and for the wedding but maybe a second band for the top when you reach your 25th anniversary or something?

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have mine yet but it matches my engagement ring.. my band is the same band as my engagement ring just without the center diamond.

Wedding Bands 10

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It will be here before you know it!
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They look great together!! So exciting!!! It just makes you realize how much closer we are to being married! Although I don't wear my ring too often right now (almost always on my necklace), I'm sure it will be a couple months of wearing them on my finger and then back to the necklace it goes!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love the look of these! Can't wait to see them when they are all done. Such a good idea to include your birthstones.

We picked ours out, and didn't even intend to match. At first FH just wanted a plain one! His is the top one, and mine is the bottom.

His & Hers! Wedding Bands 11

E ring & BandWedding Bands 12

These are mine together. it looks weird now because the band is not sized, but it will sit right up against my engagement ring!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics