Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sharlene
Expert August 2019 Alberta

Transportation after the reception

Sharlene, on May 25, 2019 at 13:19 Posted in Wedding reception 0 17
Are you making arrangements for your guests with local taxi companies to take them back to their hotel after the reception or leaving that up to the guests to take care of?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Janaya, on May 28, 2019 at 18:46
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will have a sign at the bar & door

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have phone numbers but have one local taxi place to come for guests- they stay there until guests want to leave. usually come around 10pm, and stay few hours

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of my guests are from out-of-town and are staying at the hotel the wedding is at so they won't need any transportation.

Any local guests will find their own way - either DD or taxi/uber

• Alyssa
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be providing guests with a shuttle to the venue from the hotel before the ceremony and back to the hotel in the evening starting at 11pm and ending 1am. The hotel is 15 mins away from the venue and we have many guests coming from out of town.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not providing transportation. There are only a few people staying in hotels so they can take of themselves. our venue is local and uber is everywhere.

• Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will not be providing transportation after the reception for our guests. We have arranged limos for our parents and for us following the reception, that’s it. Our reception venue is local and there’s a ton of transportation options available in the city.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since our venue is 45 min past the perimeter we have set up the option for guests to take the bus we are paying out of pocket for. It will only cost us about $1,500 so we figure since we are saving on other places we can swing it Smiley smile

• Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good idea!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m honestly not sure - I’m just going to email them and ask. If it encourages people to use them a lot in one night I don’t know why they’d say no.
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm not too familiar with uber but did want people to use it as an option. So uber offers codes for events?
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great suggestion! We are also having our wedding in a small town (nobody is from) and the venue is about 8 minutes outside of town. I will post to their buy and sell and see what happens.
  • Julia
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have hired a local dance club that is fundraising for a trip. We are in a small town that has about 2 cabs total and no other driving services, and the wedding is 10 minutes out of town, so I felt pretty obligated to arrange something. And we are supporting local kids at the same time so I’m ok with spending that money Smiley smile
  • DrB
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We hired a 24-person shuttle to pick people up at the hotel in the city and where we live/the closest town we had a hotel block and take them to/from our venue about half an hour away. We initially weren’t planning on providing transportation, but our guests were very grateful that we did. I think it was around $800 for the one afternoon pickup and multiple evening round trips
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll be arranging for transportation to and from the ceremony/reception venue.

Knowing that not everyone will be opting for the shuttle, we'll have the name/number of a few cab companies and DD services available at the bar too. Though we can't control what guests decide to do, at least we'll have done our part to offer different options to them.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only thing extra I’m doing is contacting Uber for a coupon code guests can use to encourage guests to use the service.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are leaving it up to the guests. Our wedding is in the area, so very few are travelling. The whole wedding party knows that they will be in the limo to the ceremony and then after that they are on their own.
    Its not in our budget to arrange transportation for everyone
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll be arranging something.
    First of all because almost everyone is from out of town.
    Second, because I don’t want the liability of someone decides to be stupid and drive impaired.
    We’re looking at a mini-bus to take everyone back to the hotel.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics