Skip to main content
Jackie
Jackie

Cambridge, Ontario · From December 2017

I am 50 yrs old and getting married for the first time. I lived common law with my first for 17yrs. Now been with Michael for 8 yrs and he finally... View more

I am 50 yrs old and getting married for the first time. I lived common law with my first for 17yrs. Now been with Michael for 8 yrs and he finally surprise the heck out of me and asked me to marry him. Our kids are very happy for us. He has two kids and I have three, from previous marriage.

Happily married 🎉

April 6, 2019

1819days 11hrs
Allison
diy Artifcial Bouquet Results
Allison, On February 3, 2019 at 19:37

Bouquet Set #1 Left: Matron of Honour Bouquet | Middle: Bridal Bouquet | Right: Bridesmaids Bouquet Bouquet Set #2 Left: Maid of Honour Bouquet | Middle: Mini Bridal Bouquet (for the toss) | Right:...

Jackie, wednesday 3-Apr-19 39
Michelle
Officiant gift..yes or no
Michelle, On March 15, 2019 at 12:37

Did anyone get the officiant a gift? If so, ideas please.

Amanda, tuesday 16-Apr-19 15
Lynnie
Fill In The Blank: I'll be walking down the aisle to _____
Lynnie, On March 18, 2019 at 09:05

Fill in the blank! What song have you chosen to play while you walk down the aisle? Next Question: My "pet name" for my future spouse is _____ Back to the Beginning: Wedding Fill In The Blank! ...

BunnyBride, saturday 6-Apr-19 46
Lynnie
Fill In The Blank: My "pet name" for my future spouse is _____

Fill in the blank! What nickname / "pet name" do you call your partner? Next Question: I wish _____ wasn't so expensive! Back to the Beginning: Wedding Fill In The Blank!

Kaisha, monday 25-Mar-19 37
Jackie
Need ideas for gifts
Jackie, On March 18, 2019 at 14:39

Help! Don’t know what to get for the guys in our wedding party. This is also including our ring bearer. Ideas please and please tell me what your getting for your men and boy?

Donna, sunday 24-Mar-19 12
Lynnie
Fill In The Blank: My favourite wedding detail so far is _____

Fill in the blank! What's your favourite wedding detail so far? Is it something small like personalized cocktail napkins, or something that transforms the room like sequin tablecloths? Next Question:...

BunnyBride, saturday 6-Apr-19 36
Lynnie
Fill In The Blank: To be honest, I don't really care that much about _____

Fill in the blank! Whether you ran out of time, budget, or energy to care about every single detail - or one aspect of planning just wasn't as important to you - what do you just not care that much...

Claire, saturday 6-Apr-19 50
Lynnie
Fill In The Blank: I couldn't survive wedding planning without _____

Fill in the blank! Time to give some love to the things that have gotten you through the planning process!! What would you not have been able to survive wedding planning without? Your checklist? Your...

Claire, saturday 6-Apr-19 39
Lynnie
Fill In The Blank: We're going to _____ on our honeymoon!

Fill in the blank! Where are you going on your honeymoon? Are there any fun excursions or activities you're excited about?? Next Question: Only _____ days left until "I do"! Back to the Beginning:...

Monique, wednesday 27-Mar-19 42
Lynnie
Fill In The Blank: Only _____ days left until "I do"!

Final fill-in!! How many days left until you say "I do"?? Thanks for sharing your responses in this week's game! If you missed any of the questions, you can start back at the beginning here: Wedding...

Lisa, saturday 6-Apr-19 51
Lynnie
Fill In The Blank: I wish _____ wasn't so expensive!

Fill in the blank! Which wedding cost has been driving you crazy? Is it a big ticket item like photography or flowers, or decor upgrade like chiavari chairs you wish was cheaper?? Next Question: I...

Kathleen, thursday 16-May-19 41
Lynnie
Fill In The Blank: I wish I didn't have to invite _____

Fill in the blank! Is there someone on your guest list you wish you didn't have to invite? A family friend your parents added or an obligatory invite you felt you had to extend? Who would you cut...

Seleena, wednesday 27-Mar-19 37
Lynnie
Fill In The Blank: Our wedding colours are _____

Fill in the blank! What are your wedding colours? Next Question: I'll be walking down the aisle to _____ Back to the Beginning: Wedding Fill In The Blank!

Kathleen, thursday 16-May-19 38
Lynnie
Honeymoon: now or later?
Lynnie, On February 5, 2019 at 13:53

When are you going on your honeymoon? Will you leave for your trip right after your wedding? Or are you saving the big trip for later to divide up the costs and time off? When are you jetting off and...

Veronica, tuesday 5-Mar-19 35
Sandy
Wedding favour ideas for winter wedding
Sandy, On February 4, 2019 at 21:14

Hello to all the brides, I was wondering if anyone knows of good ideas for wedding favours in February? I was thinking blankets; but also wondering if to purchase them wholesale or not.

Veronica, tuesday 19-Feb-19 11
Laura
Wedding Website
Laura, On February 4, 2019 at 20:12

So a wedding website is on the checklist. How many of you actually made (and use) one? Do you recommend making one? I'm not sure what I would put on it, so if it's something that would be useful, I...

Jordanna, tuesday 5-Feb-19 15
Cassandra
Wedding nightmares
Cassandra, On February 2, 2019 at 09:45

Hey ladies, Okay I need to know if I am the only one who is having these wedding nightmares. I have been having them for the past two months and I still have 7 to go. They aren’t about my fiancé they...

Kaitlyn, friday 8-Feb-19 32
Geneviève
Floral delivery costs
Geneviève, On February 2, 2019 at 15:51

Hi all, I had a question about prices for delivery that I wanted to run by all of you. To preface, we are having a very small affair (25 guests) and a 2 MOHs for us 2 brides and the location is local....

Vinod, friday 8-Feb-19 17
Stephanie
What part of planning has taken up the most of your time?
Stephanie, On November 30, 2018 at 21:17

There's lots to think about when wedding planning! What task would you say you have spent the most time on? I think for me, it was finding a venue. I looked up and e-mailed pretty much every venue in...

Paige, saturday 29-Dec-18 27
Jackie
Help with editing guest list
Jackie, On November 14, 2018 at 07:32

I’ve been trying to edit my guest list. Take people out and put new ones in put for some reason it just won’t let me delete people. Help

Jackie, thursday 6-Dec-18 4
Katelyn
Free Templates
Katelyn, On November 7, 2018 at 06:57

Hey guys Ive done a bunch of research on free templates and theres quite a few options out there. We wanted to save money on our invites and stuff soo we bought $6 cardstock from Michael's and...

Katelyn, wednesday 14-Nov-18 11
Joey
How many items are still on your planning checklist?
Joey, On September 6, 2018 at 08:03

How far into planning are you? Is the finish line in sight? Is your checklist still full of to-dos? How much planning do you have left?

Leah, sunday 30-Sep-18 19
Kay
Colouring Your Hair Before Wedding?
Kay, On September 7, 2018 at 12:55

I could stand to add some colour/depth to my hair. My concern is a botched hair colour job. My wedding is in 3 weeks. Should I make the effort to go this weekend, and if I have a problem, I have time...

Jennifer, tuesday 11-Sep-18 11
Amanda
Dress alterations done!
Amanda, On September 7, 2018 at 19:47

Omg it's getting close. 25 days to go. Picked my dress up yesterday! love it!

Bianca, friday 21-Sep-18 6
Kelly
Feeling the money stress!
Kelly, On September 6, 2018 at 14:04

Do you feel alone in the planning process? I wish my finance would take more initiative. But he's not a planner. I'm very much feeling the financial burden right now. We had to give our venue...

Kelly, friday 14-Sep-18 29
Joey
If you had an extra $1000 to spend on your wedding, how would you use it?
Joey, On September 7, 2018 at 08:05

If an extra $1000 fell from the sky and into your wedding budget, what would you do with it? Add something? Upgrade something?

Bianca, saturday 29-Sep-18 33
Maegan
To cake or not to cake?
Maegan, On August 7, 2018 at 12:45

So my FH and I were talking recently and we can't get over how expensive a wedding cake is! All we wanted was a 3 tier cake with 2 slabs being plastic or styrafoam and only the top one edible. This is...

Naomi, monday 20-Aug-18 38
Stephanie
Sharing my Save The Dates!
Stephanie, On August 15, 2018 at 20:01

Hello all! Just wanted to share a quick pic of the save the dates we just finished! Kept it simple! Used photos from our engagement shoot with PinkPineapple Photography (and I couldnt recommend them...

Joy, wednesday 5-Dec-18 18
Kelly
Anybody ever done family style dinner?
Kelly, On August 16, 2018 at 16:34

We're thinking of switching from buffet to family style. It will cost the same and we like that its somewhere between served and buffet, and its a bit more homey. Neither if us have ever been to a...

Vinod, wednesday 6-Mar-19 15 1
Melissa
Lash Extensions
Melissa, On August 17, 2018 at 13:15

Did anyone get / consider lash extensions for their wedding? Is anyone getting them?

Shelby, thursday 23-Aug-18 15

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics