Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kay
Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia

Colouring Your Hair Before Wedding?

Kay, on September 7, 2018 at 12:55 Posted in Beauty 0 11

I could stand to add some colour/depth to my hair. My concern is a botched hair colour job. My wedding is in 3 weeks. Should I make the effort to go this weekend, and if I have a problem, I have time to fix it?

I used to do some pretty wild colours, but due to my new job I've stayed brunette. I kind of want to give my hair some neat colours, but I'm just nervous. Thoughts?!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on September 11, 2018 at 15:38
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooohhhhh that sounds awesome. you get the "nice/mainstream" color but still have some fun. can't wait to see a photo!

for me. I wanted my hair how I love it. which is blonde blonde highlights. lots of depth/shades of blonde. for the past year and a bit I had been doing not as bright of blonde and had a lob cut instead of my normal long. my first hair appointment after getting engaged was "make me blonder and lets grow it out".

• Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds like it’s going to look amazing!
  • Kay
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your response. Smiley smile. I am currently sitting in the salon chair ready to get my hair coloured. I decided on darkening my natural brown to go a bit deeper, and adding in some deep blues and purples for depth. I’ll post a picture with the results.

“Regular” hair isn’t me but I didn’t want it to be all fashion colours for my wedding so I think this’ll be a good mix!
  • Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey I hope I can shed some light on this from someone who also loves to have my hair crazy colours.
    If being just a brunette isn’t “you” then I recommend changing it up. I think just being you to the fullest on your wedding day is key. My hair is going to be purple cuz fun hair colour is 100% who I am lol.
    If your worried about it not working out right or damaging your hair you could always add it in with extension for the day, clip ins or fusion, even loop n locks are a great option. Just a suggestion to help you feel more like your self. Smiley smile

Have an amazing wedding!
  • Kay
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for all your advice! I’ve booked an appointment for tomorrow to get my hair trimmed (I have shaved sides and I’m getting shaggy!) and to get my hair coloured.

I talked with my partner and he said I should do what I think is best. So, I think I’ll be doing a dark brown (close to my natural colour) with some deep peacock highlights (deep navy blue, deep purple and deep turquoise). I’m excited! I’ll have to post pictures with the results tomorrow!
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d go to a hairdresser and have it colored. As appossed to doing it yourself, like I do. Go with your brown hair but maybe highlights. Or maybe speak to the person doing your hair for the wedding for tips.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think within 2 weeks of the wedding is a good time to do it! If you get a deep colour itll settle after a few washes and if it's a mess it gives you time to fix! What ever will make you feel best on your day I say go for it!
    I've been testing colours with my Stylist to make sure we get the right color before my day!
  • Amanda
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As a stylist myself, I recommend to guests a few weeks in advance that way your hair and yourself have time to adjust to it. Also gives time for highlights to settle down or if you need to change toners, etc.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go as soon as possible, like this weekend! And maybe inquire to see if you can get in closer to the date in case the colour is botched.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm with Gina, just make sure that you confirm with your hair dresser that if by chance the colour is a flop or you just don't think that it's going to look good for a wedding that you will be able to have an appointment to change it back if need be.

I used to long hair down to my butt (same colour as my profile pic) and then I went and dyed it part purple so in order to have it grow out and back to what I am used to I had to cut it to my collar bones. I want to look like "Tori" at my wedding.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely go this weekend incase it needs to be fixed! Your wedding should reflect who you are. So I say go for it! Even if it’s just some highlights or a piece of hair that’s a neat colour of your choice!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics