Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cassandra
Newbie September 2019 Alberta

Wedding nightmares

Cassandra, on February 2, 2019 at 09:45 Posted in Before the wedding 0 32
Hey ladies,
Okay I need to know if I am the only one who is having these wedding nightmares. I have been having them for the past two months and I still have 7 to go. They aren’t about my fiancé they are about someone ruining my wedding . My one last time was the worst. I don’t know how to get rid of them. Please help.

32 Comments

Latest activity by Kaitlyn, on February 8, 2019 at 21:11
  • Kaitlyn
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have been having these dreams to and I never thought I would be so worried about things going wrong. I think all we can do is think, when it’s all over we will probably look back and laugh and say “omg remember when ...”
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I HAVEN'T had nightmares...until last night! I dreamt that it was the night before the wedding, we were at the wrong venue, we hadn't had a rehearsal, and no one knew where to go or what to do. Dream me was super stressed out and I woke up feeling stressed, which is never a nice feeling...
  • A
    Beginner July 2019 Saskatchewan
    Ashlee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh God do I ever have so many nightmares. Lol over the weekend I dreamt that my fiance's grandma never altered my dress so the day of the wedding my mom had just used safety pins and I ended up wearing a sweater. Our wedding is in a hall and in my dream it was in a church and we forgot the midnight lunch. Lol I'm so over the dreams!!
  • A
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It wasn't about my wedding but instead about my wedding dress- just had it last night, where I went to pick up and try on my dress again, and it was supposed to have been altered (not actually at that step IRL yet) and I found out that it had not been done! So I'm running around trying to get the attention of the woman who was supposed to be in control of that and she just kept running away from me or trying to placate me. And then the bridal boutique turned into a gym and everyone was playing dodgeball and throwing the balls at me, even though I was still in my wedding dress...

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got my first one just last week!! For sure normal - but still super nerve racking that things may come true right???

Mine was that I broke the diamond off of my engagement ring and then it split in half!! I know that my diamond isn't going anywhere but it was so not fun.

My best suggestion is to write a list out of what are some bad things that could potentially happen and solutions for them. If you come across some that don't have solutions then try and think of it like "what will happen will happen and there's no point in worrying about something I can't change".

• Jo-Ann
    Curious July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Jo-Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You are not the only one at all and it’s xomp normal. We take on the responsibility of having everything planned even though we have so many people who want to help. Last dream I had was no one picked up the bouquets and I had to get a last miniute drive to the ceremony because no one showed up
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't had any in the last few months, but between 8 and 9 months before the wedding (so about 6 months ago), I had a few in a relatively short period of time!

I think it's pretty normal!

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have had a few! I don't remember the last one but I know it had something to do with centerpieces.

The most vivid one though was that it was my wedding day, and the florist just didn't show up but nobody noticed until it was almost time to walk down the aisle. No one seemed bothered by it at all except for me.

• Stephanie
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my... You are not the only one.

I keep having nightmares as well. They are so dumb though... The most recent one was me waking up to my wedding day, but it wasn't supposed to be that day! So I had no makeup/hair dresser booked, my dress wasn't done being altered...

As an event planner, I feel confident in my wedding plans, but for some reason, I'm having the worst nightmares about logistics...

My wedding is in 8 months, I surely hope it doesn't get worst haha.

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was having nightmares that I had picked the wrong wedding gown and that I was going into a bridal salon and finding "the one" but I couldn't afford it because I already bought one.
  • Geoff
    Beginner March 2019 Ontario
    Geoff ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve had quite a few nightmares, our wedding is 45 days away now and I haven’t had one in quite a few weeks though. I had one that we were 2 hours late for our own wedding and then another where red juice was spilled all over my white suit and had no tide to go! It was horrible! Needless to say, I went out and picked up some tide to go that morning!
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got these when we first started planning; usually it was me waiting until an hour before the wedding (or after it was supposed to start) to get dressed, do hair/makeup, etc. Now that we’re under 89 days, I hope they don’t come back!!
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You are not alone!! except for my dreams are about my FH running off with my step sister (who will not be invited to the wedding because I can't stand her hah)

she's been around more often now that she lives in the same city as us and its been stressing me out so thats why ive been dreaming about it

• Lucy
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Lucy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far I've only had one nightmare. I was getting ready at my grandparents' house (in a completely different country, which made no sense!) and as I'm walking to the limo, I realise that I've completely forgotten to book an officiant. So I'm in this dusty gravel driveway, in my dress, begging the photographer's assistant to fake marry us so no one finds out I messed up. I woke before I got his answer, so I have no idea how it ended.

Booking the officiant suddenly become top item on my to do list that week!

• Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m so sorry that this is happening to you. I am the kind of person that doesn’t really stress over to much. My wedding in 61 days from now. Still have decor to figure out. Rings to buy. Flowers for the tables to figure out if i can afford or not. And so much more. But not going to stress. All things can get done in time. Try not to stress as it’s not going to change the out come. Maybe learn to meditate. I know i couldn’t do it but it seems to help those that do it.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your dreams reflect your memories or thoughts during your day! If you've been stressed out over the wedding or anything else it will reflect into your dreams! Maybe take a day or two to pamper yourself, go on a nice date with the FH with no wedding stuff! Try to get a lot of it off your mind for a few days to refresh yourself!
  • Gabrielle
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ive had them too! Just try and relax..or so everyone has been telling me. I’ve been sick and taking nyquil and that has apparently been helping lol!
  • Taylor
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel like reading about everyone else’s wedding nightmares, is gong to fuel my mind for my own future nightmares haha. So far I’ve only had 4 of them.
  • Carmela
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got them a year before my date and I would get one bad dream a month, I still have two months to go. They would be about the decor being so messed up, my DJ not showing up, I’m wearing the wrong dress, something going wrong about something... I think it’s teaching me to go with the flow if things started to happened outta my controls. I’m a type A planner, I have to have things go a certain way, I create lists, on list on list. So when I have a bad dream about our wedding I gotta find the positive in that and find a solution that won’t let it get that way or just roll with it lol
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have them too, even my fiancee does as well! (She had a planning one last night where everything went wrong) The worst part is that they really are part of the gig when planning a wedding.

But like everyone said, they're stress-induced. So the good thing is, if you know how to de-stress the best way for you, they will go away! Otherwise, indulge in a lot of bubble baths, essential oils, and chart it out. It gets better I promise!

• Taylor
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding isn’t even until May 2020 and I’ve had a few wedding nightmares (random girls I’m not friends with anymore from high school as my bridesmaids who get in a fight the day of the wedding and bail, having no transportation to appointments the day of, forgetting to get wedding favours and not realizing until the day of, etc. Lol).. I don’t have them all the time, just here and there but I’m betting they won’t away until our wedding is done. I am definitely an anxious creature!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They’re absolutely stress induced and do go away. I found that when I started to relax and take a break from planning that they went away. Now I rarely have them and I’m still 6 months out from my wedding.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have the nightmares too! I had one where the venue had to cancel the night before so we had to host our wedding at my parent's house - which was way too small!

I also had one where my wedding dress wasn't ready so I had to wear something else to the wedding and was super upset about it!

I feel like since there is so much planning going into wedding, the worst that can happen is have everything fall apart and that's what my nightmares are about!

I find talking with my FH helps, he assures me that things will go fine! Also if you have a bridal party, your girls are there to support you.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Every. Single. Night. But mine are about centrepieces.

Is there someone you think who might actually try to ruin it? Maybe your subconscious is trying to tell you to cut that someone from the list?

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The thing is my wedding planning is pretty organized and my fiancé and I don’t really talk about wedding planning during the week. The dreams keep getting worse and worse .
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is the time to meditate and listen to soothing sounds etc before bed.

I also keep an amethyst stone my our bed.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was reading another thread on here the other day about nightmares and I was like “ oh I don’t really have crazy nightmares this won’t happen to me”. Until last week when I woke up in a panic because I had a dream we had no officiant and we didn’t notice until It was my turn to walk down the isle!
    This happened on a night when I was stressing about getting save the dates out. So what I’ve tried doing is cutting off any stressful planning before dinner. That way I can get my mind to focus on something else before bed
  • Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No you cant, you wont feel rested at all on your wedding day!

• Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG, that must have been an unsettling feeling and a relief when you woke up!

• Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG I’m not excited for this to start! I know I’ll have these too, I’m always dreaming and I’m a worrying those two together I used to have nightmares about waking up past when I was supposed to meet a client for an appointment. I used to be paranoid about being late anywhere!

I can’t say what helps, except maybe trying to do something different before bed to change your mind, like 5 mins of a sleep yoga routine or meditation for not worrying so you can sleep with your mind at ease maybe... I will be trying yoga probably when the time comes, sleep with a diffuser with lavender you might get a better sleep. It’s a calming scent for aroma therapy it might keep you calm while you sleep so you don’t have stressful dreams!! Who knows it might help!!

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Right like I have them like every day. Last nights someone took my wedding hostage and it was so vivid. Like I can’t do this for another 7 months lol
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve had them too! once i dreamed that i was about to walk down the aisle when i realized i had never got a wedding dress! super ridiculous, but so stressful!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics