Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
Frequent user September 2018 Quebec

Lash Extensions

Melissa, on August 17, 2018 at 13:15 Posted in Beauty 0 15

Did anyone get / consider lash extensions for their wedding? Is anyone getting them?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Shelby, on August 23, 2018 at 04:50
  • Shelby
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wear lash extensions on a regular basis for the last 5 months... I feel completely naked without them now. To me, they are a God send. I basically have to have them done for any occasion. 😂 depending on your lash tech you can have them for a month before refills. I'm bias though. Because I'm obsessed with them.
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I won’t be getting lash extensions or false lashes. I wear contacts and I’ve been told my doctor that both aren’t a good idea with contacts. I also have sensitive and eyes and often need drops. So it’s just not a good idea for me.

I don’t get though, people worrying about mascara and crying. Because I use eye drops I use waterproof mascara and never have an issue. If people are concerned about masacara running just use a waterproof kind.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not getting lash extensions for various reason. Mostly because I love rubbing my eyes a lot lol.
  • Phaidra
    Frequent user October 2019 Alberta
    Phaidra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omg you're magical. thank you!Smiley love

• Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wore them for my sister in laws wedding years ago and think I’d like them for mine.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For sure getting extensions! I want to get some soon to test it out? Haven't done much research yet!
    Glue false lashes are a nightmare for me... I bought those magnetic ones too and they're no better.... SO!!! Extensions it is hahah!
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is and I have them! That's what we focus on at the salon I work at. I'm a lash technician, you just have to ask for "hybrid" lashes or "mixed volume" depending on the place they may call them either oke of these!

Lash Extensions 1
  • Phaidra
    Frequent user October 2019 Alberta
    Phaidra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been wanting some for a while, and think I'll likely get them for my wedding. I just don't know what kind to go with. Probably something more "natural" but a little more full. Is that a thing? I don't know. I defs need a recommendation for the Edmonton area though, if anyone has one.

• Andrea
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How much are lash extensions and are there certain places to avoid getting them done?
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am. I started getting them on in May and I go every 2 weeks for fills and now that I'm 2 weeks out I have started to go fuller- I'm at mega volumes right now. I recommend it, but do your research where you go. It can be very dangerous.

But the nice thing is you don't have to worry about falsies falling off or mascara running down your face from happy tears. All the tears can be shed!Smiley smile

• April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did! I usually have long natural lashes and they are my fav feature on myself so I wanted to make sure they pop. I also didn’t want to have to worry about strip or mascara on the day because of crying haha. I got my first full set 2 weeks before and then I will get a fill a few days before so I will be good for wedding and mini moon!
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have had lash extensions on full time for two years now, and have no plans on quitting them anytime in the near future. Will absolutely have them for my wedding.

• Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did lash extensions for a year before I stopped. I LOOOOOOOOVED them but couldn't keep justifying the ongoing expense. Everytime I would go for a fill I fell back in love with them but finally I had to cut off my addiction. Will 150% be doing them for my wedding though!!!!

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got lash extensions from time to time for big occasions and is planning to get one for my wedding next year. However, my makeup artist told me not to get it cause she prefers to attach a fake eye lashes on me. She said it would be easier and not worried bout having few of my lash extensions falling off during the makeup process and cleaning after the wedding. I would suggest to consult your makeup artist and see which one she/he is more comfortable with.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My sisters always have lash extensions. I've never got them before (can't justify that expense ongoing)... but I'm definitely getting them before the wedding. I wanted to get a full set once a bit earlier (around Christmas) to see how I like them, and then get them filled before the wedding (January). We are going on our honeymoon straight from the wedding, so I'm looking forward to not worrying about make-up during the day on our Caribbean cruise. The lashes will be enough for poolside/beach/excursions, etc...

I think it's a great idea for weddings, especially if you have anything else going on around the wedding (rehearsal dinner, wedding, post-wedding, honeymoon, etc)... it makes a huge difference in my opinion!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics