Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie August 2024 British Columbia

Bridesmaids

Autumn, on March 16, 2024 at 17:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 2
So my Fiancé has lots of friends. I personally had next to none. I had a few women that I got along with and enjoyed spending time with when I went over to my fiancé’s friends house. I felt obligated to make these women my bridesmaids in order to have even numbers for our bridal party. I didn’t want my fiancé to have 7 friends and me to only have my sister. So we agreed he would have 5 of his friends and I would have my sister and the 4 other girls that I got along with. Now with dress shopping, I kinda feel left out of the wedding party even though I’m the bride. I tell them my wishes and I feel overlooked and ignored. I told them I wanted dresses tried on in store and purchased from a store. They refused and wanted to go with online shopping from Azazie. I was alright with that as long as everyone got their dresses and tried them on together as a group to make it special. Well they ordered some to try on and they tried them on without me. I told them that same day that it was important to me that I be there. I asked them to still get together with me to try them on even though they’ve done it separately and they’re all just being difficult and dragging their feet. At this point I kinda just want to drop them all from my wedding but I don’t know how. What should I do or say?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on April 10, 2024 at 11:17
  • Ashley
    Featured November 2025 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Feeling left out of your own wedding planning is not cool. If this was me, this is what I would do.

I would invite them all to dinner/lunch/coffee and have a talk with them. I would say to them, "Listen. I am not ok with how everything is playing out at the moment. This is my wedding and I have a vision of how I would like things to look. You all picking out your dresses and trying them on without me is not ok. I told you that you could get your dresses elsewhere as long as we all got together when you tried them on. If you cannot cooperate with my simple request, I am afraid I will have to ask you to step down from my bridal party."

You want to be firm with them so they know you mean business, but also not rude at the same time.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So sorry to hear this. Not cool to be left out of your own special time. Maybe suggest having thme all come over with the dress - make it a special night with some food and drinks, perhaps?? Just tell them you want to see what kind of accessories and/or shoes they can suggest to eachother. Good luck 😊❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics