Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Newbie August 2024 Ontario

No Receiving Line - Help with collecting gifts/giving out favors

Danielle, on June 10, 2024 at 15:11 Posted in Wedding reception 0 2

Hi All,

We've opted out of doing a receiving line at our wedding due to time constraints. As traditional Italians, this is very new/different for my partner and I. Given that our bridal party will likely be with us during cocktail hour for pictures, I'm looking for recommendations on how people typically collect gifts (envelopes) and hand out favors without having a receiving line. We're not interested in a favor table, and don't want to leave the card box unattended.

2 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on June 12, 2024 at 06:00
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We also opted out of a receiving line however we had our box on a table, entering our ceremony room. I was told guests dont want to hold onto envelopes and/or may lose them. So during the ceremony unattended. When we left for pics, my gf watched over it for me.
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmm, interested to see what people have done with this one since you're not interested in having a designated table. I'm not sure how you would get the word out that someone specifically is collecting the cards... what if you designated someone to 'watch' the card box? We personally had tables for this and it worked out great. Good luck! Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics