Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Sweetheart or Head Table?

Amanda, on March 20, 2024 at 23:38 Posted in Wedding reception 0 20

What's your seating style? Will you and your fiance be sitting at a sweetheart table just for the two of you? Or will you sit with your whole wedding party at a head table?

My husband and I decided to have our wedding party at the head table with us since we only have my MOH and BM standing up for us Smiley heart

Sweetheart Table

Sweetheart or Head Table? 1

Head Table

Sweetheart or Head Table? 2

20 Comments

Latest activity by CASSEY, on June 15, 2024 at 11:57
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My first advice, make sure puctures are with no flash. My photographer took all pics with a flash and completely missed the mark. My fmily and friends however managed to get pics with the lights and it looked fabulous. As you can see in the pics. First with flash, second no flash. Sweetheart or Head Table? 3

Sweetheart or Head Table? 4

• Kristy
    Newbie July 2024 Ontario
    Kristy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sweet heart table with us and our two kids. Also so wedding party can sit with their spouses and children too!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that's a great idea!

• Christine
    Newbie July 2025 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a sweetheart table so our wedding party can be with their SO’s and other friends.

• N
    Curious July 2025 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven’t decided yet but we are leaning towards a head table
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Amanda ❤️
  • Amanda
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful! Smiley heart

• Paige
    Newbie July 2024 Ontario
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sweetheart table!!!!

• Becky
    Newbie June 2024 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning a sweetheart table to make the bridal party more comfortable as all of their significant others aren't in the bridal party so they can sit together as they may not know many people.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a sweetheart table. All but 2 of our bridal party members had S.O.'s outside of the bridal party, plus my husband had 7 groomsmen and I only had 3 bridesmaids! So it would have been very lopsided.

But the best part of it was having a space for us to be alone during speeches/dinner where we got to focus on each other!

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a very small wedding party..BM and MOH. We choose the sweetheart table. Sweetheart or Head Table? 5

Sweetheart or Head Table? 6

• Jeanene
    Newbie June 2024 Ontario
    Jeanene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing a sweetheart table. Most of out bridal party have significant others so I assumed they would want to sit with them.
  • Ravina
    Newbie October 2024 Manitoba
    Ravina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a head table! We figured that we got everyone to help plan the wedding and help with it, plus buy or rent suits and jackets to support us, so we want to show our thanks by having them sit with us! The ceremony just doesn’t feel long enough for all the effort they put in! My partner was in three weddings last summer and sat at the head tables each time and I was fine sitting at the other tables and I’m an extremely anxious person!
  • Cheryl
    Newbie August 2026 Alberta
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello

I'm undecide at moment
  • Merveille & Loïc
    Beginner July 2024 Quebec
    Merveille & Loïc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Kate! Yes we figured, everyone is there to have a good time and I would not appreciate it if the role were reversed and I was not sitting with my husband. The fun would not be the same :-)

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We only had 3 tables at our wedding as it was a small affair so we chose to do the following:

Family at one (parents, brother/spouse, my cousins/their spouses, aunt and uncle)

All kids at one table (my neices and my husbands children, ages 12-17)

And us at a table with our friends (my husbands best man and his wife, and my best friend and her husband) because they know OF our family but thought it would be more comfy for everyone if we sat with them.

It all worked out really nice! For us, we personally did not want our own table.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so considerate of you to think of that Smiley smile

• Rebecca
    Newbie October 2024 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Doing a classic head table we have a small wedding party so it’s still going to be cozy!
  • Donna-Jean
    Featured October 2024 Ontario
    Donna-Jean ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My table setting/seating chart has been my biggest struggle with Wedding planning!! 🤦🏼‍♀️

We will be doing a Head Table with our wedding party seated at it with us! 😊
  • Merveille & Loïc
    Beginner July 2024 Quebec
    Merveille & Loïc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For us, it will be a sweetheart table. Most of the people composing our wedding party are married or in a relationship and we don't necessarly have their significant other in the wedding party so we did not want tot separate the couples for the dinner.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics