Skip to main content
Julie
Julie

Barrie, Ontario · From June 2018

We have 1 furry Baby & his name is Journey. He is the King of the castle! Trevor and I met the month I was born. Our Dads have been Friends since they... View more

We have 1 furry Baby & his name is Journey. He is the King of the castle! Trevor and I met the month I was born. Our Dads have been Friends since they were 7! I always had such a crush on Trevor growing up. I'd always blush and ask his Mom how he was. I was MOH at my MOH's Wedding and Trevor's Parents were there. Our Parents & my Bro & I had always seen each other over the Years and I'd seen them. The Last time I'd seen Trevor was when he was 17 and I was 14. I remember him wearing his hockey jacket & just being in awe of him. Many Years later when I saw his Parents at this Wedding, I asked how Trevor was as I normally do. I was a little tipsy.... his Mom gave me his # and I text him. His Mom called & told him how many old Friends he'd see if he came to the venue... All of the sudden right in the middle of the dance floor, his Mom said "Trevor's here" & I squealed and said no he's not!!! I turned around and our eyes met. Everything just stopped. There was nobody in that room but he and I. I have never experienced this before or since. We walked toward one another and hugged. We have been together since that very moment. Needless to say our Parents are over the moon! At 7 Years old, our Dads never thought their Children would be getting married in 8 days!

Happily married 🎉

March 23, 2019

1858days 5hrs

Discussions

Julie
Is anyone else making this for your venue?
Julie of DIY, On January 9, 2019 at 15:06

I found this idea on Pinterest and am going to start collecting items. 1 of our colors is silver and I have a lovely silver basket that will work perfectly I think. I'm thinking I'll only make 1 for...

Kim, sunday 6-Mar-22 21 16,205 3
Julie
Groomsman Gifts. Any suggestions?
Julie of Before the wedding, On January 25, 2019 at 14:58

My FH is thinking of doing engraved flasks. We have a 15 & 16 Year old in our Wedding party so we need something different for them. I have spent approximately $150.00 for each of my 6...

Jack, tuesday 5-Jan-21 8 199
Julie
Vintage Wedding Printable & Album
Julie of DIY, On August 18, 2020 at 17:36

Hi, I am getting ready to start our Wedding Album & Scrapbook. My Parents have a gorgeous album. I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get a page where you fill in our names, Parents names,...

Julie, wednesday 19-Aug-20 4 70
Julie
Wedding Album
Julie of Just married, On February 6, 2020 at 08:30

Hi Ladies, I became a Mrs. To my wonderful Husband in 2019. We have over 800 pictures including photo booth. An album was not included in our pkg. I can not find what I'm looking for & can't spend...

Julie, sunday 9-Feb-20 14 171 1
Julie
Our Original Wedding Invitations arrived!!!
Julie of Plan a wedding, On January 28, 2019 at 18:26

As some of you know, I was told the day before my Mom & I were to pick up our Wedding Invitations to mail that they weren't in and there was a possibility we'd need to start from scratch and...

Wenjian, monday 2-Dec-19 13 166
Julie
Beware...in 8 days, we're getting Married! Yesterday my dj homework (10 pgs) was erased off the computer...
Julie of Plan a wedding, On March 15, 2019 at 08:39

Hi everyone, I had my day planned from the time FH makes my coffee to shutting everything down by 10:30pm. With our Wedding 1 week away tomorrow there is SO much to do. Here's what happened to us and...

Vinod, tuesday 18-Jun-19 6 239
Julie
Furry Best Man 😻👰🤵
Julie of Wedding reception, On March 20, 2019 at 22:00

Our Journey had a bit of a photo shoot. How cute is he??? Our furry Best Man 😻 There will be a table with both sets of our Parents Wedding pictures in 8 x 10s with a picture of Journey in the middle...

Kassandra, sunday 14-Apr-19 10 112
Julie
My Vows- The pride of wearing My Moms dress & Honouring my Parents who will be married 50 Years in June
Julie of Wedding ceremony, On March 14, 2019 at 08:48

Good Morning Friends, I have asked for advice a lot along the way. Today, we are 8 days (eeekkkk) away from our Wedding and boy do I need help!!! This is the biggest surprise of our Wedding ~ I will...

Julie, wednesday 20-Mar-19 10 85
Julie
Photographer must have pic list I can print by any chance...
Julie of Plan a wedding, On March 15, 2019 at 08:51

If you read my post about the computer deleting all of our music selections you'll see why I'm in need of help. Our Photographer homework was due yesterday but dj had to come 1st. I have tried to...

Julie, friday 15-Mar-19 2 91
Julie
Hashtag help please
Julie of Before the wedding, On March 13, 2019 at 10:50

This is our photo booth picture. We are Julie and Trevor. We've known each other since the day I was born. I just realized I forgot we need a hashtag.. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you. ...

Sinéad, friday 15-Mar-19 6 316
Julie
Gifts for Mom & FMIL at Rehearsal dinner
Julie of Before the wedding, On March 2, 2019 at 13:36

My Fiance and I have bought our Dads and our whole 14 Person Wedding Party gifts to give them at the Rehearsal dinner. We have surprises for everyone for our Wedding Day. What we need are 2 very...

Cliodhna, thursday 14-Mar-19 6 121
Julie
Photographer woes
Julie of Ontario, On November 10, 2018 at 12:13

My Mom and I went to a Bridal show a cpl wks ago where I was sure we'd find our last few & big vendors. $4,000.00 is completely out our budget. Does anyone have a good but reasonable...

Sarah, sunday 10-Mar-19 10 146
Julie
Favours are Finally Finished! Woot! woot!!!!
Julie of DIY, On March 5, 2019 at 17:59

In June, these sounded like a wonderful idea! My Mom had the stamp'in up die and I had proper weight of cardstock. There are several pieces of paper that need to be pocked out before you can start...

Julie, sunday 10-Mar-19 12 174
Julie
Toasting The Bride
Julie of Wedding reception, On March 5, 2019 at 13:19

I am working on DJ homework. 10 pages... One question is will there be a toast to the Bride? Is that my FHs job or my Dads? I'm stumped.

Leah, thursday 7-Mar-19 6 129
Julie
rsvp Woes
Julie of Plan a wedding, On February 26, 2019 at 18:28

We are short 38 RSVP's. We spent a good part of the weekend finding phone numbers and making calls. We were both told by our potential Guests that their RSVP was mailed 2 weeks ago and yes they're...

Julie, saturday 2-Mar-19 10 150
Julie
Our Engagement Shoot 👰🤴
Julie of Before the wedding, On February 12, 2019 at 21:47

We had so much fun doing our Engagement shoot! As I've shared, I used to weigh over 400 pounds. I asked My FH if he could pick me up because its a moment I've dreamed of for many years. The pic of him...

Rachael, tuesday 26-Feb-19 21 175
Julie
rsvp deadline today...
Julie of Plan a wedding, On February 20, 2019 at 21:42

We sent out just over 95 Wedding Invitations. We knew many were going to British Columbia and most wouldn't be able to come but we wanted to make sure they knew they are welcome. Today is our RSVP...

Julie, saturday 23-Feb-19 12 183
Julie
Mother of the Bride & Groom Wineglasses
Julie of Plan a wedding, On February 12, 2019 at 20:09

I'm wondering if you like both of these? My Mom is very Girly and loves pink. My FMIL likes silver and not a girly girl. Do I give them each these cups or order a MOB in blush but similar pattern? Our...

Leah, friday 22-Feb-19 7 84
Julie
I woke up today on my Birthday & it hit me... I'll be married by my next Birthday!
Julie of WeddingWire, On January 10, 2019 at 08:02

Has anyone else woke up on their Birthday and realized that by your next Birthday, you will be married??? Eeeeekk!!! So exciting! 71 Days till our big day

Kaisha, wednesday 20-Feb-19 10 74
Julie
I was just told my Bridal Shower is this Sunday!!! 👰 Did you know when your Shower was or is? How do you prepare?
Julie of Before the wedding, On February 14, 2019 at 09:45

Hi everyone, I got a call from 1 of my MOHs who told me our Moms & Wedding Party feel it would be better if I knew the date, time and location of my Bridal Shower. It is this Sunday at 3:15. I am...

Bianca, tuesday 19-Feb-19 9 115
Julie
Are you paying for your Wedding Party's Drinks at your Wedding? 🥂
Julie of Wedding reception, On February 11, 2019 at 20:53

Our Parents are going to do a 1 hour and a half host bar during cocktail hour. This is when we'll be having our pics taken. Likely our Wedding Party will be able to enjoy free bar for maybe 45 min. We...

Charelline, wednesday 13-Feb-19 15 144
Julie
Our Engagement Photos are in 2 weeks early but...
Julie of Before the wedding, On February 6, 2019 at 19:30

1st of all, our Engagement shoot was Feb 1 & our Photographer said they'd be 2 to 3 weeks! I have No clue how to see them! My hands are literally shaking with excitement and I am computer...

Julie, tuesday 12-Feb-19 10 116
Julie
Wedding Day Timeline = Huge Stress!!! Can you please give me any suggestions?
Julie of Before the wedding, On February 9, 2019 at 15:50

Hi everyone 🥂 Our Wedding Day is in 41 Days! I am not a planner by nature & am crazy stressed on how to make this day run smoothly. I have 9 Girls doing Hair & Makeup including me. The makeup...

Julie, monday 11-Feb-19 3 148
Julie
Bridal Party Robes Embroidered front & back
Julie of Ontario, On February 2, 2019 at 08:47

I am looking for advice on where to order Wedding Party Blush Robes in Ontario. Etsy has lovely robes as does Amazon. ca but the shipping is too much and the price to have names on front and back of...

Julie, saturday 9-Feb-19 12 112
Julie
Makeup Trial & Engagement Photo Shoot ✔✔
Julie of Beauty, On February 1, 2019 at 18:42

Today was so much fun! I had my makeup trial and it was 100 % worth every penny! We are doing a couple of tweaks for my Wedding day makeup compared to this look but it is wonderful to feel comfortable...

Julie, tuesday 5-Feb-19 11 134
Julie
Honeymoon, Tuxedos & Florist all booked in the last 24 Hours! Yippee 🥂
Julie of Plan a wedding, On January 26, 2019 at 21:15

We booked our 10 Night Honeymoon at a Romantic adult Resort& Spa. We are in shock in the best possible way. We never imagined we'd be able to go to a resort like this with Gourmet meals & for...

Becky, tuesday 29-Jan-19 7 101
Julie
Centerpieces
Julie of Wedding reception, On January 27, 2019 at 11:14

The Bridal Shop where my Mom and I both found our dresses and we found 6 Bridesmaids dresses has become a Friend. She has gone above & beyond for us. Even calling me regularly after a big surgery....

Becky, monday 28-Jan-19 4 124
Julie
Makeup Trial? Worth it $?
Julie of Beauty, On January 6, 2019 at 08:15

I am wondering if you are having a trial with your makeup artist? The cost is $65 which is half what I will pay the day of our Wedding. If so, when are you going to have it? Besides our...

Julie, saturday 26-Jan-19 20 528
Julie
Engraving my Fh's Band ideas please
Julie of Plan a wedding, On January 6, 2019 at 07:25

I have decided to surprise my future Husband by engraving his Wedding Band. I'll definitely put our Wedding date. My top choices are "Dreams do come true ", "My Forever Love " & "Today,...

Candace, saturday 26-Jan-19 8 109
Julie
Where to Honeymoon? Which resort are you going to & how did you decide?
Julie of Honeymoon, On January 18, 2019 at 09:13

We are looking for a 1 week all inclusive honeymoon. Adult only, 2 person jacuzzi, king sz bed, somewhere warm, clean & caters to honeymooners and on a budget. I have been communicating with...

Maria, thursday 24-Jan-19 11 140
Julie
Wedding Cake Topper... can't decide
Julie of Wedding reception, On January 8, 2019 at 18:51

My Fiance and I have 1 Baby and he is furry. Journey is our Cat who is the king of the castle. When I saw these cake toppers, I knew right away it screamed our names. My Mom is making a "cat of honour...

Julie, tuesday 15-Jan-19 14 119
Julie
Parents & Wedding Party wineglasses.
Julie of Before the wedding, On January 13, 2019 at 09:22

I found this pic on Pinterest. I am wondering if you are buying wine glasses or champagne flutes for your Parents & Wedding Party? If so, where did you buy them? I've looked at Ebay, Amazon, Fb...

Jennifer, monday 14-Jan-19 3 64

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics