Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jackie
Featured September 2023 Alberta

What kind of bride are you?

Jackie, on April 12, 2023 at 12:31 Posted in Before the wedding 0 27

I have some friends planning their wedding, it is a month before mine takes place; my planning is done, and they have barely started. Got me curious to know, where do you lie on the bride spectrum? How you ladies would describe your style as you plan your wedding?

I am overly organized. Within 3 weeks of engagement our photographer was booked, within a month dress was purchased, and now at the 4 month mark (5 months before wedding) we have checked off: venue and date, DJ, officiant, flowers/boutonnieres, jewelry and accessories, hair and makeup artist, decorations (ceremony and reception), bridesmaid dresses and gifts, invites sent and RSVP's rolling in, registries set up, hotel booked, honeymoon booked. I have everything but my cake (even have my topper).

Tell me all about your planning process!

27 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on April 14, 2024 at 10:24
  • N
    Curious July 2025 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are both overly organized and would like to have our wedding all planned before the New Year and start focussing on our house
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha I love it, definitely soul sisters right here. BTW I have my cake now too, last thing is done! Smiley laugh Have fun planning, it is such an exciting time!

• Scotia
    Newbie July 2024 Ontario
    Scotia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO GETS IT.

I am the exact same way as you. My sister just got married in Feb 2023 and when I tell you she was still figuring out the seating chart and other details (some major and minor) the literal day of the wedding. I got engaged back in 2022 and I did not want to overshadow her wedding with planning mine (we are eachothers MOH) so I waited. But... since feb has passed I have bought a dressm booked a venue, booked a photographer, booked our hotel for the night of, started makeup trials and booked an officiant and dj. Keep in mind my wedding is 14 months away. I also sent my save the dates out in april 2023 for july 2024 wedding. If i could have started sooner I would

• MoBoNYC
    New York
    MoBoNYC ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am a bold and extrovert kind of bride. I am very particular about my things, makeup, and attire and I like perfection.

• Lisa
    Curious June 2023 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm a super planner. We had a lot of things done 1-2 years out. I'm in the last 2 months, and I'm basically in limbo until our RSVP deadline. Everything is planned down to to minute. I can't say the same for the rest of our bridal party, though. My Bridesmaids are still trying to agree on dresses, and my SO hasn't set foot in a suit store as far as I'm aware. But...that's their problems.

• L
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged in September of 2021 and I started planning/booking things right away. I wanted to make sure we weren't super stressed as our wedding date drew closer. Now, we're four months away and have everything we need booked and ready. We're just getting the little details together (decorations we're bringing, signage, accessories, etc.)

• D
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Denise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This has been an interesting discussion. Smiley smile My fiance and I got engaged just before pandemic and didnt choose/book our exact date till last summer once covid times settled. Once date and venue were booked, I was in major excitement mode! Dress shopping, and wedding projects.
    Im definitely a planner, but wanted to focus on a few main tasks at a time, if I looked at everything at once it seemed overwhelming. We also had a close death in the family and are moving before our wedding on Sept 9/23. So pacing the tasks out is key & Im enjoying it! My MOH has been amazing, she should be a wedding planner. Best wishes to all the Brides here. Smiley winking
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We bought most of the decor on FB marketplace and will resell it once we are finished with it all

• Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I rented my decor, found some beautiful and SUPER cheap centrepieces etc through a FB marketplace search. I’m telling other brides because I know personally I don’t want a ton of stuff laying around that I have to try to get rid of afterwards!
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m sorry about all of the personal things you’ve been dealing with. Sounds like you’re in great shape! I hope the big day is everything you want 😊
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

WOW! That's amazing!

We have been planning since 2021 for our 2023 wedding.

Everything is done except the suits, some DIY decor and ordering the cake

• Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You’re doing so well!! I’m impressed.
    We got engaged 7 months ago (woah did not realize how long it’s been until this very moment), and we’re 6 months from the date. I’m also organized and like getting things done asap, but things got done in phases (we had two deaths in the family and a medical scare since our engagement) so there were pauses between. Luckily FH‘s excitement and my organizational skills has made for a smooth and fun process thus far. As per the Knots timeline, we’re right on schedule! Except for our outfits and my makeup.
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congrats on the very recent engagement!! Have the best time planning your wedding 😊
  • Dana
    Newbie July 2024 Manitoba
    Dana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely on the more organized side!

We got engaged last Friday, and I’ve already got our venue all but nailed down. Choosing between two dates. Tried on a few dresses to figure out my style. Researching vendors.
    We’re not getting married until fall 2024, but I’m all-in. 😌
  • T
    Curious May 2023 Saskatchewan
    Tara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mine has two things to do this weekend. We will see if he does them Smiley smile
    I'm sorry that you're has been a challenge too
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was an eager bride and had everything booked and planned 1 and half before the date. All my DIY have been finished since February, I just have my seating chart to do and well that would be done if I had the RSVP's in by now. lol

• Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is a lot of fun, now that the big ticket items are out of the way I’m really enjoying it!!
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow good for you! Very busy, it’s nice you have people who are helping you a lot. I hope your big day is amazing 😊
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So exciting!!! I hope your big day is everything you want 😊
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s frustrating, I’m sorry your family has made it stressful ☹️ I wish people could understand how important it is to RSVP and it’s an easy to do…. I can relate on the spouse front, if I ask mine to do something he asks me so many questions and wants so much guidance it defeats the purpose of getting his help
  • E
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Elle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged at the beginning of Covid, and with how unpredictable things were we decided to just wait and see what would happen so I didn’t even think about starting to plan until over a year into our engagement. By then the newly engaged energy had worn off and I didn’t feel super motivated to plan, and the idea of having a big traditional wedding just faded. We ultimately decided to book an amazing 2-week vacation to one of our bucket-list destinations and elope while there. We booked everything (flights, hotels, venue, photographer, organized the marriage paperwork) within about a month and now we’re just waiting for our rings to come in, and we have our final fittings. We’re 54 days out!!
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Totally had everything planned within first 3 months of being engaged. To me this type of planning is so fun so I personally loved it. I'm actually kind of sad we already had our big day cause no more planning and checklists but at least I can live vicariously through you ladies haha Smiley heart
  • T
    Tara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I totally hit enter by accident

I run three home based businesses (being custom sweets, custom cakes and then childcare) so I have yet to settle on cake plans as I am doing it myself and I am busy running my businesses (I have five days of markets before the wedding and a big birthday booking the week before, and then mother's day stuff the week of) But my two maid of honors are amazing and helpfulJust have to finish the bouquets, head table decorations, arch decorations, guest book table decorations and then we should be good?
    I normally plan far ahead but with people not rsvping it made it all a challenge

I hope everyone has an amazing day with their wedding
  • T
    Tara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is in a month, the theme has been adapt. I had to give family members extensions for RSVPs that I tried to have done 4 months before the wedding so that I could plan easier; that didn't happen. My spouse is a procrastinator so getting his help sucks. Our photographer is a friend so she will just go with the flow, our final meeting with our pastor is Sunday.
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    23 days left and all has been taken care of. I think I had everything booked 3 weeks into the engagement, dress bought a month later and all DIY finished last month. Just have to have my last Venue meeting in 2 weeks...getting super excited! I wasnt this happy/excited for my first wedding 🤣🤣
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had everything booked 13 months out to my wedding date! Right now it is just a the little things I have been slowly accumulating; like signage & accessories.

I am super excited as I am confirming more things with my vendors. It has been great.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had everything booked within 8 months of being engaged (December 25 2017) and everything was completely finalized and ready to go 8 months before our original wedding date (August 8 2020) . So when covid hit and we had to postpone for 2 years everything just sat until we had our big day August 7 2022. I even bought my wedding dress a year and 8 months before the big day as well! Smiley xd

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics