Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jackie
Featured September 2023 Alberta

Hudson Bay - worst registry ever??

Jackie, on March 23, 2023 at 13:24 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18
I had to give up. The website is SO bad I couldn’t even get to the page that would allow me to actually create my registry. Everything I clicked on redirected me to a search engine so I could locate other couple’s registries.

Any advice on a more user friendly wedding registry? I have absolutely no intention of using the Bay after my own experience and reading reviews of others having the same problems.

18 Comments

Latest activity by Denise, on April 9, 2023 at 15:21
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I had the same experience as you!! But yes definitely go with MyRegistry, so far I’ve had a really easy time using it both on computer and phone. Haven’t tried in store but I’d be curious to know how that goes for you!
  • D
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Denise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have found planning a wedding to be low stress so far, until trying to do our registry. I could have walked through Walmart and built a list faster than online. Lol. It sounds like brides here have had luck with the myregistry App. I plan on trying to use the app in the store tomorrow, hope it works better. My apologies on the rant, as shopping is usually no problem.
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I actually went with MyRegistry, and it’s been so easy to use! You can add Amazon items to it which is awesome
  • S
    Newbie January 2020 Ontario
    Suzy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Heya did you try amazon registry ?

• Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for this tip! I created a MyRegistry and you are so right, it’s a dream to use. This is the ease I was looking for 😍 shopping is fun again!
  • A
    Newbie August 2023 Ontario
    Alessia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The bay has now moved their registry to myregistry.com and honestly it’s been amazing. You install this button and when you find a product you like you click the button and it automatically gets out on your registry.
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I signed up for MyRegistry for my Canadian guests and I believe it is very legitimate. It gets lots of reviews etc., so you can do a little googling to be sure.
  • D
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Denise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Im just starting to put my registry together and noticed Walmart shows it has joined Myregistry.com Is this a real Canadian website? Where you can add a few stores. Any insight would be helpful. Smiley smile

• Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yessss I set mine up on MyRegistry yesterday! ****X easier to use if anyone wants to know. The option to add items from different stores is awesome

• M
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had the exact same experience! Every time I tried to make my own registry it directed me to other people’s. I ended up using “my registry” and selecting items from The Bay to add. “‘My registry” is nice also cause you add items from a variety of different stores.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Kelly Ikea has a wedding Registery? I need this for the wedding and baby lol.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're welcome!
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I just looked at this and I’m signing up! Thank you!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We used myregistry. It was great!! You can add anything from any store to it!
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Kelly 😊
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here is the link to an article on WW: https://www.weddingwire.ca/wedding-ideas/wedding-registry-101--c146

A few stores to consider- Ikea, Crate& Barrel, Canadian Tire, Amazon...

• Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the reply! You’re right about Bed Bath, too bad!! I’ll check out the other sites.
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jackie, sorry to hear you had such a poor experience. Honestly, I love The Bay to walk through the store physically but the one time I ordered online, it took f o r e v e r to arrive and what I ordered looked like it had been returned and messily put back in the packaging (it was a duvet) so, never again. I also find their website odd and something about it does not feel legit when I'm ready to order so I can only imagine their registry.

I have not used personally myself, but I have used for other couples registries off of Bed Bath & Beyond (but I think out of business now?) and William Ashley, and both worked great and did not hear any negative feedback on it from couple.

Good luck! Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics