Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jackie
Devoted September 2023 Alberta

The modern guestbook

Jackie, on July 31, 2023 at 16:10 Posted in Wedding reception 0 16

Guestbooks are one of those beautiful mementos we get to keep and re-visit for years after our wedding day. Couples have been moving away from the traditional guestbook in favour of things like shadow boxes, advice and wishes, video's or polaroid's. What kind of "Guestbook" are you brides planning, will you go with the traditional paper and pen, or do you have something different in mind? Share your ideas!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Jackie, on August 10, 2023 at 01:37
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is so pretty!!! As a mountain bride myself I am a big fan 🥰
  • P
    Curious August 2025 Alberta
    Pam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The modern guestbook 1
    We’re getting married in the mountains and will be doing something like this. We’ll have sharpies for everyone to sign with.
  • Jordyn
    Curious July 2023 Manitoba
    Jordyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The modern guestbook 2
    We got everyone to sign with a white marker, it looks so cute and we’ll have it as a decoration in our home !
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and I went with a tradional guest book
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are using our welcome sign as a guestbook, guests will sign the matting and will hang it after with wedding pictures around it

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Jackie! The guests thought so too! This is a great reminder every time we play Jenga Smiley smile

• Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think this is so unique and clever!!
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of our favourite, first games we ever played was Jenga. So I had 2 Jenga games placed in several stacks for people to sign for us.

The modern guestbook 3

The modern guestbook 4

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We ended up doing the wooden guest board and some paint markers!
    The modern guestbook 5
    Ours is very similar to this but we added mountain peaks as well since we are getting married in the mountains Smiley smile super excited to get it hanged up in our house!
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend did a photo album of their lives together and people just signed it.

I have a frame with tiny little hearts that everyone will sign and place in the frame, I like this because I can then hang it up in our new home.

• Leandra
    Curious June 2024 Ontario
    Leandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think my fiancé and I are going to do a photo book of our engagement photos that people can sign and write their well wishes around on different pages. We can use it as a coffee table book too so that we can pull it out and look whenever we want Smiley smile
  • Leandra
    Leandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Such a unique idea I’ve never seen this!
  • Leandra
    Leandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Cool idea!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had our guests sign jenga blocks! So whenever we have a game night we look at our guest book!
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did a Polaroid guestbook that we ordered off of Etsy. I was so happy with not only the actual product but it was sweet to read messages and also see a photo of the couple having fun the night off paired with the message. I will say though had my best friend and the bartender not interfered and gathered people and physically take the photos, I COULD see it being something people forget about, especially older people who may not know how to use a Polaroid lol. The modern guestbook 6

The modern guestbook 7

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a digital guest book, partially because we wanted photos to go with the messages but also because we got married during the pandemic so we had a lot of people tuning in virtually. We placed a QR code at each table that linked to the digital guest book and people could write messages and attach a photo, or send us a video clip with their message. We also linked it to our ceremony live stream so guests at home can send us messages.

We were able to download the guestbook and print out the pictures with the messages.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics