Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jackie
Featured September 2023 Alberta

What song did you choose for the parent dance?

Jackie, on August 14, 2023 at 23:54 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6
One thing I am really excited about for my wedding is the dance with my dad at the reception. We have always been close, and since I am his only daughter of 4 kids, I know how excited he is to walk me down the aisle and dance with me at my wedding. Because it’s so huge for him I let him pick the song we will dance to. He had fun wrestling between a few but went with “I loved her first”. Curious who else will be participating in this tradition in their wedding? What song did you pick? And why did you pick it?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on April 14, 2024 at 08:38
  • N
    Curious July 2025 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m dancing to Stealing Cinderella by Charlie Hicks and my fiancée will be dancing to Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle
  • Matilda
    Featured June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My father picked Butterfly Kisses to dance with me and my father in law picked I loved her first
  • Jackie
    Featured September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That would be sweet! Do you have a song that reminds you of anything special you do together? Some people suggested the Hockey night in Canada theme song for my dad and I because our thing is hockey.
  • Andrea
    Newbie August 2024 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both of my parents have passed so I may dance with son. Any suggestions?
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Daddy's little girl by the Shires and letting the MOG pick her song with her son.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I danced with my dad to My Little Girl by Tim McGraw and my husband danced with his mom to A Mother's Song by T Carter Music

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics