Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jackie
Featured September 2023 Alberta

Hair trial, to do or not to do?

Jackie, on May 11, 2023 at 17:23 Posted in Beauty 0 12
I booked a makeup trial for before my wedding date but I am waffling on a hair trial. I (think) I want the classic chignon and from her portfolio my hair stylist is a master at them. I have classic straight blonde hair, easy to work with and it’s never presented a challenge to any hairstylist I have seen before. Curious to know who booked a trial, or didn’t, and if you had any regrets either way? It’s the same price to have the trial done as it is to have it done the day of my wedding so I’m effectively doubling my hair and makeup budget by doing trials for both. Thoughts?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on April 14, 2024 at 08:51
  • N
    Curious July 2025 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have 2 weddings and 1 communion before we get married so I’m using these occasions to do a hair trial and makeup
  • Matilda
    Featured June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely doing a hair trail
  • K
    Newbie August 2023 British Columbia
    Kirstie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My SIL booked a trial and was SO happy she did. She didn't like the way it turned out on her so she was able to switch it a bit for her wedding.
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My regular stylist is doing our hair so we didn't have a trial

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was lucky to book my hairstylist so I don't feel the need to get the hair trial, I trust her and want something simple. Make up artist I got a friend who I used to work with, she includes a free trial so I will do it.

I would highly recommend spending the budget and get the trials unless you know them, I heard too many horror stories from brides not getting it done and ended up hating their hair.

• Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the input. I’m going to do the trial
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for sharing Julie!
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the input ladies, trial it is!
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Jackie,

I booked a trial - I personally think you should go to one. I was able to try 3 different hair styles and ended up loving the last of my 3 choices. I went in with a specific style - wanting it for MONTHS, tried it on me and I hated it.

So you may surprise yourself if you try different styles.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't have a hair trail. I sent my aunt photos of what I wanted for my big day and she nailed it! Everyone is different on what they want but if you really want a trail before hand go for it, there's no harm in that.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    OMG definitely get a hair trial! I wound up with one MUA and I hated my hair. Lkng story short, I booked with another MUA and her trial was perfect. Exactly what I wanted. Day of, she knew exactly what to do.
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jackie,

I would recommend a hair trial. I get what you are saying, sounds like there is very little room to have anything screwed up with the style you're having but, you just never know. I for example had my hair and make up trial together and the stylist did two slightly different styles on me and I literally preferred one over the other based on how she did my make up and it was a low chignon with two curled pieces framing my face so very classic hairstyle as well. Mind you, she could have made this small change on the day of but it gave me confidence coming away from the appointment that I knew exactly how it was going to be so I personally don't regret the hair trial - gave me piece of mind which is priceless when planning a wedding lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics