Skip to main content
Shla
Shla

Belleville, Ontario · From July 2018

I'm Sheilah and my fiances name is Brandon. I'm 30 and he is 25. We have a 5 year old daughter and 2 mouthy, jerks of cats.

Happily married 🎉

October 23, 2021

938days 19hrs
Lynnie
Which is more important: your date or your venue?
Lynnie, On July 24, 2019 at 13:00

Were you set on a specific date for your wedding? Or did your perfect venue first and then choose a date based on their availability? What’s more important to you - the ‘when’ or the ‘where’? Photo...

Ashley, wednesday 21-Aug-19 26
Shla
Would you buy a new dress? Hypothetical question
Shla, On July 24, 2019 at 14:19

I have a hypothetical question for you all. A friend brought it up and I am just curious haha. So say you bought your wedding dress at the beginning of 2017 to get married in October of 2017. But life...

Ashley, wednesday 21-Aug-19 7 139
Shla
Gothic brunch?
Shla, On July 15, 2019 at 13:20

After the wonderful advice from a bunch of you lovely ladies and gentlemen, our wedding style is going to be dark, moody and gothic vibe. However we love the idea of a brunch!! Any suggestions on how...

Vinod, tuesday 16-Jul-19 10
Joey
The Where of the Wedding - Where will you celebrate your 1st anniversary?
Joey, On July 15, 2019 at 08:05

We spend so much time thinking about the wedding day that sometimes we can forget about all the excitement that will come after the wedding! Where would you like to spend your 1st anniversary? Photo...

Samantha, friday 29-Oct-21 28
Joey
The Where of the Wedding - Where will you go for your honeymoon?

Once the reception is over, will you say bon voyage to your guests and head out to your honeymoon? Where will you be spending your honeymoon? Photo via Oren & Jones Photography in Vancouver...

Nelly, saturday 5-Oct-19 33
Joey
The Where of the Wedding - Where will you spend your wedding night?

Where are you and your partner going to spend your first night as a married couple? Are you off to a fancy hotel, or spending the night at home? Photo via Gladstone Hotel in Toronto >>Next...

Nelly, saturday 5-Oct-19 28
Joey
The Where of the Wedding - Where is your reception?

What is your reception venue like? Tell us about the style of your venue, and how you chose it. Photo via Whistler Blackcomb in Whistler >>Next question: Where will you spend your wedding night?...

Darmae, monday 8-Jun-20 34
Joey
The Where of the Wedding - Where did you get engaged?

Where did your proposal take place? Was it sentimental to you before the proposal happened? Photo via @justsaidyes >>Next question: Where will your bridal shower be? >>Start over: The...

Nelly, saturday 5-Oct-19 38
Joey
The Where of the Wedding - Where will you get ready?

On the morning of the wedding where will you be getting ready? At home? A hotel? A suite at your venue? Photo by Jenifer Boyce Photography in Oakville >>Next question: Where is your wedding...

Nelly, saturday 5-Oct-19 29
Joey
The Where of the Wedding - Where is your wedding ceremony?

Is your ceremony venue close to home? Is it close to your reception venue? Does it have a special meaning to you? Where will your wedding ceremony be? Photo from Denis and Marco's wedding in Toronto...

Darmae, wednesday 10-Jun-20 33
Joey
The Where of the Wedding - Where will your bridal shower be?

Are you having a bridal shower or a wedding shower before your wedding? Do you know where it is going to be? What type of venue is it - a restaurant, a home, a park? Photo by Olivebox Creative in...

Nelly, saturday 5-Oct-19 26
Joey
The Where of the Wedding - Where will your bachelor/ette party be?

Do you know where your bach party is going to be? Did you get to pick the location, or did your party's host choose? Is your bach party a destination celebration? Photo via Our Jonrah Events in...

Nelly, saturday 5-Oct-19 30
Joey
The Where of the Wedding - Where will your rehearsal dinner be?

Are you having a rehearsal dinner the night before your ceremony? If so, where are you having it? Are you hosting, or is someone hosting it for you? Photo via Émilie Smith Photography in Edmonton...

Nelly, saturday 5-Oct-19 28
Robyn
Married!
Robyn, On July 10, 2019 at 10:04

Hey guys, I know I've been absent from the community for a while, but the reason is.... this happened! We got married! It was not a perfect day by any means, and so many things did not go according...

Tamara, friday 19-Jul-19 15
Shla
Bummed about the wedding we can't have *just a rant*
Shla, On June 27, 2019 at 09:31

So this is really a pointless post, just need to actually vent some frustration. So backstory, I've always been a super dark kinda person. Love Halloween, forensics, etc.. So I love Halloween and dark...

Ashley, wednesday 21-Aug-19 16
Shla
Heat worries!
Shla, On June 24, 2019 at 11:06

Hey all, So we've opted for a backyard BBQ at my parents farm. The date we want is June 20th 2020. I'm worried about rain and heat. Mostly heat as we have easy ups at my moms for regular family...

Taylor, saturday 6-Jul-19 12
Alix
One year to go!! :)
Alix, On June 21, 2019 at 10:31

Yesterday marked one year till our wedding. There is still so much to do. We have our venue and photographer. My mom will be making the cupcakes and we are just having a BBQ for the supper. We have a...

Bianca, tuesday 25-Jun-19 14
Joey
Selfie Day meets Fiancé(e) Friday
Joey, On June 21, 2019 at 08:29

It's Fiancé(e) Friday, but today is also Selfie Day - so let's mash 'em up! Share a selfie of you and your significant other so we can get to know you and your boo Photo by Bobo Photography in...

Jenna, tuesday 2-Jul-19 21
Becky
How many days left till you're married!?
Becky, On June 10, 2019 at 15:54

I have 96 days left and counting ! I am so excited and just trying to do smaller items which seems to add up. What are you most excited about in the days left leading to your wedding? Whats something...

Amanda, tuesday 25-Jun-19 66
Terri
Need a Dress!!
Terri, On May 18, 2019 at 19:22

I had a dress made and went to try it on yesterday and I hate it!!! It's nothing like the pictures I showed the seamstress. I'm freaking out now cause I have 6 weeks and almost no money left to get a...

Shla, tuesday 18-Jun-19 12
Joey
Friend or family - who will be standing up with you at your ceremony?
Joey, On June 8, 2019 at 14:05

Is your Maid of Honor or Best Man a member of your family, or are they a friend? Was it an easy decision to make? Photo by Joy in Motion Photography in Almonte Photo by Tudor Parau Photography in...

Mikaela, saturday 15-Jun-19 20 1
Stephanie
Unique guest book
Stephanie, On June 8, 2019 at 08:50

Hi All, Looking for inspiration for our "guest book". What are you doing or seen that is unique and original? Thanks

Monique, tuesday 27-Aug-19 32
Lynnie
How would you describe your wedding in three words?
Lynnie, On June 6, 2019 at 15:45

How would you describe your decor style and overall vibe in just a few words? What three words best describe your wedding style? Describe your style! Bright, Fun, and Tropical?Photo from Tanya List...

Taylor, saturday 6-Jul-19 15
Shla
No big reception, so what time?!
Shla, On June 5, 2019 at 09:53

Hey all. We aren't having a traditional party reception, we see no point in it. But we're having a hard time deciding between a brunch reception or an afternoon/early evening reception. Any...

Ashley, monday 26-Aug-19 12
Mackenzie
Non-religious Readings
Mackenzie, On June 5, 2019 at 16:23

Send me your best poems, songs, speeches, anything non-religious we can use for our ceremony! I want to do a couple of short readings to involve a few important people in the ceremony, but I’m having...

Steph, tuesday 2-Jul-19 15
Lynnie
Who is getting married in 2020?
Lynnie, On January 9, 2018 at 11:52

This post is for everyone with 2020 wedding vision! Comment below with your name, wedding month, and the city/state where you are getting married. What have you planned so far? What's up next on your...

Kara, sunday 16-Feb-20 84
Joey
Changing your name
Joey, On May 30, 2019 at 08:12

Let's talk changing names! Are you taking on your partner's name, or are they taking yours? Are you combining the two? If you decide on a new name, it's time to think about how to go about making the...

Dorothy, thursday 23-Apr-20 26
Joey
The next wedding you're attending
Joey, On May 25, 2019 at 14:05

Who is attending a wedding this weekend? Love is in the air, wedding season is in full effect, and it seems like nearly every weekend you're buying a gift, dressing up, and traveling to see a friend...

Stephanie, wednesday 3-Jul-19 24

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics