Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Which is more important: your date or your venue?

Lynnie, on July 24, 2019 at 13:00 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 26

Were you set on a specific date for your wedding? Or did your perfect venue first and then choose a date based on their availability?

What’s more important to you - the ‘when’ or the ‘where’?

Which is more important: your date or your venue? 1

Photo from The Gloam in Toronto

26 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on August 21, 2019 at 12:41
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Date didnt matter to us we just picked a date our venue had. we dont have any summer anniversaries or anything so we picked a random date

• A
    Beginner March 2020 Alberta
    Ann1 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Date, it's the day after our engagement last year and we couldn't do it on a weekday cause of work, but we decided the next day was best
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our date was most important to us as we chose to have it on the date of our first date!
  • K
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Katrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Venue! It’s in your photos and you want to create your vision for your special day. The date is not important in my mind.
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We started with a date, that I was in love with. But the venue did not have that date available. I was in love with the venue and all that it offered. So we changed our date by a few weeks.
    I'm still glad we kept the venue.
  • Chere-Lee
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Chere-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The date!!

My late mother passed away at the age of 48 years young of pancreatic cancer. I was an only child and my father chose not to be in the picture. So for 29 years of my life, it was just me and my Mom. I unfortunately lost her while I was 9 months pregnant with my 4th daughter. So rather than mourn her every year on her birthday, my one biggest stipulation of my wedding was the date. October 3, 2020 my Mom would have been celebrating her 62nd birthday. So we will celebrate her at our wedding. We will have a seat reserved for her at the ceremony. My bridesmaids are wearing dresses in her favourite colour.

We started seeking out vendors very early and luckily booked our venue two years in advance on our chosen date. Had the venue not been available, we would have chosen another venue!

• Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

110% date. i have this thing with patterns and so does he so when we first picked a date we picked 8/8/18 but i ended up in the hospital. so we decided 10/10/2020 which also happened to fall equally between our birthdays. his being the first and mine the 20th. i knew at the end of the day if we couldnt find a venue my step moms parents would offer up their land to us for the day

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For our current situation the date was the most important, our venue is pretty basic haha

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    With all the choices there are for weddings you really can't go wrong. Best wishes to you, you are so close! I'm sure your day will have all the magic you could hope for.
  • K
    Frequent user September 2024 Nova Scotia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds magical! Now I'm wishing I'd done a winter weddingXD

• K
    Frequent user September 2024 Nova Scotia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was super lucky and my date and venue lined up, but if I had had to pick one to prioritize it would have been the venue. I love love love the venue, and my FH and I felt that whatever date we get married on will be special to us. The only thing I was careful about was that nothing major had happened in history on that day, as I didn't really want people associating our anniversary with the signing of a treaty or something worse.

• Missa
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The Date! We actually switched the venue because it wasn't available at at all that month (despite the fact that i try to book 2 years in advance)

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A little of both. We booked our venue based on the pricing for off season. We could get so much more for our guests by having a winter wedding. Now I'm dreaming about a light snow fall in a winter cape...hoping against hope that we don't end up with a blizzard.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Date! our venue was never that important to us
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The venue was more important. We had a date that we were leaning toward but ended up going with a week earlier since it wasn't available.

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our date was most important. We really wanted to get married on our current anniversary. Only 18 days left!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both to be honest. However the venue would have trumped the specific date if the venue could not accommodate. Luckily we got engaged so far out that it was not an issue!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Venue- Ceremony venue was most important to us and then we chose a date

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked our venue first then booked the date of 09.20.2020. We love both our date and venue! Though because the venue is very popular, all Saturdays are fully booked, our date is on a Sunday. We still went ahead with because we love the venue so much Smiley smile

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our date for sure.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Venue! We would’ve changed our date but we booked so early it wasn’t a concern for us. Our venue is perfect - we couldn’t give it up.
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked our date first and then picked our venue. But I think if our venue wasn't available we would've changed the date. We love our venue.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think our date is more important, 10.19.19 just sounds cool, and it is a week between our dating anniversary and our engagement anniversary. The venue happened to work out for us since we're off-season and booked pretty early!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue was more important to us. We knew that we wanted to have it there, and were not super concerned with the date. We just wanted to make sure it was a good time for us, and thats all that mattered Smiley smile

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Venue is more important to us. Our date doesn't have any special significance to it on it's own. We fell in love with our venue and then picked based on availability, proximity of Christmas, probability of snow and such

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Venue being the where is more important because of how the day is envisioned to celebrate the special day of your life. The overall outlook is what matters over the day personally and having the guests enjoying at the same time mingling in between events.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics