Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shla
Devoted October 2021 Ontario

Gothic brunch?

Shla, on July 15, 2019 at 13:20 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
After the wonderful advice from a bunch of you lovely ladies and gentlemen, our wedding style is going to be dark, moody and gothic vibe. However we love the idea of a brunch!!

Any suggestions on how to make that work? Or would that be super weird?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 16, 2019 at 13:34
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Casey's ideas are great and creative to give that feeling of the darkness you want and chocolate cake and cupcakes with edible designs of bats, spiders and other scary patterns you can think of.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you want a brunch, go for a brunch!

Make it all about the decor, and the little details to bring out the gothic vibe. I just did a quick search on Pinterest, and came across this idea for candles you can use for decor! If you don't like the white candles, you can even do black, silver/gold.

DecorationGothic brunch? 1

I think a Caesar bar would be cool! Adding food colouring to everything to make it dark. Just make sure you let your guests know that it is just food colouring!

PunchGothic brunch? 2

The best part, it is your wedding, and you can do whatever you guys like!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like if you really want a gothic brunch, do a gothic brunch! Just because it's during the day, doesn't mean it can't be dark and moody lol

I feel like my wedding colours (teal and purple) and theme (peacock glam) don't match our season (fall). However, it's what we (mostly me lol) want to do, and a lot of people told me it's a great fall palette, especially since it's different from what most people usually do for fall weddings - lots of leaves, pumpkins, jewel tones like burgundy - which are still really gorgeous IMO but just not me.

Moral of the story, if it makes you happy about planning your wedding, then do it! It doesn't matter if your themes/colours don't fall into the norm - it gives you a really unique vibe if anything!

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would absolutely love to have/attend a brunch wedding!! There's not much better than breakfast food IMO Smiley winking

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In that case - I would say keep to any gothic decor you have seen previously, just because it's in the morning doesn't mean it has to be lighter or anything.

As for the food - like I said, black food colouring! I looked on Pinterest briefly and if you could get the bread for the toast to be black that would be pretty cool. Also strawberries, cherries and blackberries for fruit salad Smiley laugh Oh, and for a drink you could have black lemonade!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah I misread your discussion! That's so awesome!

• Shla
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This would be the main reception. No party for us haha. The venue is in a historic building in the cities downtown core. 😊
  • Shla
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I guess decor mostly. And some food ideas if you have any!! We're looking at late October for the date. Halloween/gothic glam kinda vibe. We aren't partiers in our family so we figure a brunch or early afternoon reception will be easiest on us all.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First thing that comes to mind is to put food colouring into everything to make it black.... lol

Were you wondering about food/decor etc. or more along the lines of how to get this across to your guests?

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that's an awesome idea! Just spread the word to those you want there that the party will continue in the morning for an on theme brunch! Where would you host it?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics