Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

The Where of the Wedding - Where did you get engaged?

Joey, on July 15, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 38

Where did your proposal take place? Was it sentimental to you before the proposal happened?

The Where of the Wedding -  Where did you get engaged? 1

Photo via @justsaidyes

>>Next question: Where will your bridal shower be?

>>Start over: The Where of the Wedding

38 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on October 5, 2019 at 07:26
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I proposed in Nova Scotia on Cape Breton Island before Rachael was going for surgery
  • Renée
    Beginner May 2023 Ontario
    Renée ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At a restaurant in Ocho Rios Jamaica
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He proposed on my birthday on the rugby field where his team practices in the summer! Rose petals on the pitch and his teammates and my best friend were there to capture the moment ❤

The Where of the Wedding -  Where did you get engaged? 2

The Where of the Wedding -  Where did you get engaged? 3
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He proposed at our home on Christmas morning. We had a fire going and after opening presents, he said there was one more then proposed. It was super romantic. :-)

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had many conversations about it. We were watching tv on the couch and I blurted out "I want to get married". So there wasn't any real proposal but that's when we decided this was going to happen.
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged on a hike at a park where we had one of our first dates
  • Vanny
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In Niagara Falls! It was in the very first hotel we stayed at when we went on our very first getaway weekend together!
  • Vanny
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awww so did my fiancé and I!
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mother Nature thwarted both his first plan of Moraine Lake in Banff National Park and his back-up of Sheep River Falls. So it ended up being at Sandy McNabb Day Use Area, west of Turner Valley, Alberta.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was in our living room ahah we were both sick at the time and he couldn't do wht he had planned tht day but didn't want to wait any longer

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There was no real official proposal more of a discussion but I think that even though I have my ring we could sort of re-do a proposal, I don't know, Does that make sense?

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Jungle Cat World in Orono.. We were at the top of the wolf tower looking down over the whole park at the lions and wolves.

• Andrea
    Devoted January 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At home, LMAO!

• K
    Frequent user September 2024 Nova Scotia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went shopping at a little farmers market and then a walk along my favourite beach. He was going to propose on the beach but it was a little busy and he wanted it to be a private moment, so we went for a longer walk down a sweet little path and proposed on a cute footbridge, just the two of us.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He proposed on the side of a lake in Kananaskis. We were driving up this dirt road to hit a lodge for their "high tea" on our dating anniversary. He randomly picked the spot, told me to take pictures of the scenery and waited for me to turn around and see him on one knee.

The location didn't have any sentimental meaning to us, just the date (our dating anniversary!).

• Amanda
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He proposed to me in Muskoka at the campsite where he first professed his love for me!

It was incredibley romantic, rose petals, florals, pictures being taken. It was like a movie
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged in Niagara Falls!!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got married at MacGregor Point in Ontario. We went there camping for our one year anniversary. He did it just outside the tent. It was perfect because there was absolutely no one around, it was quiet and intimate.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In Banff, and yes it was pretty sentimental. During a fairy tale weekend I had been dreaming about since being a little girl.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I asked him jokingly walking to work, then once we got the ring and became "officially engaged" we got home (we were staying in my moms basment for a bit, the same basment we started dating in 9 years before) he jokingly said "i guess I have to get on my knee and propose eh?"
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He proposed to me while we were on vacation in Mexico. It was spur of the moment and not a place we had been to before. I think we'll definitely need to go back tho since I'll never forget it now Smiley smile

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged in Saskatoon, SK where I grew up! he proposed at the place he was living at actually Smiley smile so sweet. sometimes I wish it would have been somewhere else that had some meaning to us but the thought he put into it and how romantic he made it was very special. I just wish it could have not been at that stupid house hahaha. (he didn't like living there at all)

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He proposed where we had our first kiss in Moose Jaw, SK.

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He proposed on our anniversary. We went to Niagara-on-the-Lake for the weekend, and he asked me in our room at this really beautiful B&B.

The Where of the Wedding -  Where did you get engaged? 4

The Where of the Wedding -  Where did you get engaged? 5
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He proposed on a trip to South Africa. It was supposed to be after we hiked Table Mountain but the weather didn't cooperate, so it was at sunset at the last evening safari! Very memorable!

• Melissa
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He proposed on a hike right behind our house with a view overlooking the lake. We already really loved this park because it's beautiful and so close to our house, but it's definitely extra sentimental to us now!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have an official proposal. It was considered when trying on his rings that don't fit my husband at the time of moving in together. He had spend a lot on the ring which was smaller and that was about the same price he would have spent again.

We decided that the money would be better to put towards the wedding bands instead.

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He proposed at a beach in Iceland! The beach wasn’t sentimental, but Iceland definitely is to us.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At his apartment
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He proposed to me right on the beach in Huntington Beach, California!!
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Front steps of our old house.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He proposed on the beach in Cuba. This was our second bigger vacation alone. He loved the resort so much (more for the fishing), that it is one we can go to for cheap, so we will go back often

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics