Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Friend or family - who will be standing up with you at your ceremony?

Joey, on June 8, 2019 at 14:05 Posted in WeddingWire 1 20

Is your Maid of Honor or Best Man a member of your family, or are they a friend? Was it an easy decision to make?

Friend or family - who will be standing up with you at your ceremony? 1

Photo by Joy in Motion Photography in Almonte

Friend or family - who will be standing up with you at your ceremony? 2

Photo by Tudor Parau Photography in Montreal

20 Comments

Latest activity by Mikaela, on June 15, 2019 at 01:41
  • Mikaela
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Mikaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is my bestfriend and then I have 6 bridesmaids and one of them is my sister-in-law. My FH's best man is a childhood bestfriend and he has 6 groomsmen, 2 are his brothers and one is mine
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Easy for me - my daughter is my maid of honour and my son (who is also walking me down the aisle) is my bridesman. FH has his best friend as best man and his daughter as groomswoman.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We made a rule that no family was going to be in the wedding party to avoid others getting upset or anything like that and it was a great decision!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was an easy decision for me since my MOH is my one and only sister. FH had a difficult time since he has several close friends. He ended up choosing 2 of his best friends to be co-best men.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have two MOH- one my sister a matron, other best friend maid, then best man is brother in law. It was easy but hard. I didn't know how to choose between best friend and sister so I didn't but my sister gave me a lot of back lash and still has.

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No one at all.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Super easy for me! My two sisters are co-MOHs and FH's sister is a BM - I stuck with just family since they're who I'm closest to. His best man is his oldest friend and GM are his brother and another old friend.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have two MOH’s, both of them are friends, but I do have my sister in the bridal party as well
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is my sister, and FH best man is his brother. Honestly the easiest decision to make. Both of us are very close to our families!
  • Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister ☺️
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Super easy! My sister is my MOH and his sister is my bridesmaid. His brother and best friend since childhood will be co-bestmen.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Maid of Honour is my bestest friend that will be with me no matter what - is my my sister Taylor Smiley smile Family first! Family is forever in my house (I know it's not the case in all though).

Then for my Bridesmaids I have my friend from school (known her since grade 1 = 16 years) Nicole, friend from work (who introduced me to my FH) Taylor, My FH's cousin Crystal (very close with her - one of the best parts of meeting my FH), and my friend Brianna (also met through my FH Kael and we have only doubled dated a handful of times but our dogs are great together!).

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is my sister and our best man is my FHs brother.

Super easy decision to make.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is just my best friend of 10+ years. My sister was a bridesmaid tho!
    My husband's bestman was also his best friend.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My best friend of 15 years! I was her MoH and now she will be mine. Could not imagine any other person filling that role. Smiley smile

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a small wedding (40 people) with just family members. Initially we weren't going to have a wedding party at all, but then realized it would be nice to have someone up with us to hold rings/my bouquet and sign as witnesses. So we asked my brother to stand up for him and his sister to stand up for me and it was perfect for our intimate ceremony.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't have a wedding party, but I've asked my best friend to be my witness! She'll be my right-hand woman the day of the wedding and I'm super excited!

• Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I met my best friend 19 years ago. I knew in college she was going to be my MOH as we got so close in those years. Her sister became my best friend as well so shes 2nd in command in my bridal party 😂 they're both our witnesses when we elope in City Hall

My FH best man .. he had difficulty narrowing it down to 1. Eventually we chose his friend who doesnt have a child under the age of 2 since the rest of his friends already seemed so sleep deprived lol
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both our maid of honour and my FH’s best man are our respective best friends that we went to elementary schools with. For both of us it was a very obvious decision to make.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My maid of honour is my best friend, and my FH's best woman is one of his best friends

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics