Skip to main content
Tamara
Tamara

Truro, Nova Scotia · From June 2019

FH and I have been together for almost 13 years and never thought we would bother with a wedding and would just enjoy our time together. We bought our... View more

FH and I have been together for almost 13 years and never thought we would bother with a wedding and would just enjoy our time together. We bought our home and got some fur kids to fill it up. But eventually got a little older, a little wiser and decided we really wanted the life experience of having a wedding. So here I am!

Happily married 🎉

July 27, 2019

1757days 7hrs
Chera
Planning a wedding in autumn without flowers; has anyone done this/seen it?
Chera, On August 27, 2019 at 03:00

We recently found out the florist we'd been planning on using went out of business (which is very unfortunate since we were going to get a friend-of-a-friend discount). After speaking with different...

Ashley, wednesday 11-Sep-19 11
Tamara
Wedding Emergency Fund
Tamara, On July 16, 2019 at 12:47

Ok, so my wedding is in 11 days!!! I am so excited, nervous and yet strangely peaceful about the whole thing. We are basically ready to go and I am just going over all of the lists one last time and...

Tamara, wednesday 21-Aug-19 23
Kathy
We are Married!
Kathy, On August 18, 2019 at 08:09

Guys I am Married! It was the perfect day. It’s true what they say that everything won’t go as planned and I have a few 😂 my necklace broke from the beginning They didn’t play my aisle song I wanted...

Deedra, wednesday 28-Aug-19 17
N
Wait time for picture return
Nadia, On August 9, 2019 at 15:03

Hi all!! Just wanted to get some feedback from everyone. How long did it take to get your wedding pictures back? We are on week 6 and I have heard it takes anywhere from 2 - 6 weeks to get your...

Tamara, tuesday 20-Aug-19 13
Dionne
We tied the knot!
Dionne, On August 19, 2019 at 19:42

We braved a tornado warning 9 minutes before we walked down the aisle. Immediately after we said our vows the sun broke through. Here are some candids from our friends.

Dionne, friday 13-Sep-19 29
Missa
2 days before the wedding - Hair trial and make up complete!
Missa, On August 15, 2019 at 09:43

We are ALMOST ready! We will be running around all day today to do some errands ! As we live in a different province than the one where we are getting married, I only got to do my trial this week but...

Ashley, thursday 12-Sep-19 12
Tamara
Mr. & Mrs!
Tamara, On August 7, 2019 at 12:38

We did it! I cannot describe to you guys how fast the day went and I wanted to share a bit of what I learned from the whole thing. #1 -So much of what you thought would matter, did not matter. The...

Tamara, tuesday 20-Aug-19 19
J
How much did you spend on photography?
Jenni, On August 11, 2019 at 23:17

I’m having a budget for $20k for the wedding. Most of the photography packages I find are around $3k-$4.5k range. Photography is super important to me, so I don’t mind paying abit...

Ashley, wednesday 21-Aug-19 60
Valérie
Kissing Game Update - We found it!
Valérie, On August 4, 2019 at 18:48

I love it when things just work out! My FH is currently helping my parents plan a family-wide golf outing a couple of days before the wedding. Meanwhile, I was sorta writing a draft of our thank you...

Siobhan, friday 16-Aug-19 15
Joey
All about the venue - Have you chosen one venue or two?
Joey, On August 12, 2019 at 09:05

Will your ceremony and reception take place in the same venue, or do you have two different venues? Photo by Liv Chic Events in Oakville >>Next question: Do you have an indoor or outdoor venue?...

Erin, tuesday 3-Sep-19 23
T
Which one do I pick for my MOH?
Tanya, On August 11, 2019 at 11:03

I've started the wedding planning process little over a month ago and I've come to a crossroads. My sister has "claimed" the title of bridesmaid ever since we were children. BUT my best friend has...

Tanya, wednesday 11-Sep-19 13
Shyan
rsvp - mail vs online?
Shyan, On August 9, 2019 at 14:49

Hello! I am looking for tips and tricks on RSVP ! Is everyone mailing still with all the technology at our fingertips? Where did you purchase them? Thanks a bunch

Ashley, thursday 12-Sep-19 48
Missa
Advice for the married women - Manage stress day of wedding
Missa, On July 30, 2019 at 08:51

Hi Ladies! I know that many of you stay active on the group after your big day. One of my biggest worry is that I am unable to let go the day of. I am a very anxious person (and my wedding is in 18...

Veronica, monday 12-Aug-19 27
Siobhan
Honeymoon ideas
Siobhan, On July 23, 2019 at 13:44

Hi everyone ! We are really struggling with honeymoon ideas. My FH wants all inclusive I want a once in a life time trip. We have an excuse to spend the money right? We want to do like 2 excursions. I...

Jessy, tuesday 10-Sep-19 15
Janaya
Married!!
Janaya, On August 5, 2019 at 14:14

Hi everyone!! I finally tied the knot with my best friend on Saturday August 3rd!! Everything was perfect! It was the wedding of my dreams. There’s so much I want to share with everyone but here’s a...

Dionne, sunday 1-Sep-19 35
Lisa
I can officially say I'm getting married this month!
Lisa, On August 1, 2019 at 09:41

It's the last day of the month, but still! How are the rest of the August 2019 brides doing?

Ashley, monday 26-Aug-19 44
Hélène
My dress is finally here!
Hélène, On July 24, 2019 at 19:37

As some of you know, I had some serious dress doubts after buying a dress at a sample sale last October. After the ensuing hunt for my dream dress, I ended up purchasing a dress that I hadn't actually...

Hélène, sunday 11-Aug-19 50
Tamara
Tried on my dress before the big day!
Tamara, On July 19, 2019 at 08:18

Guys, this website is so supportive and just amazing for connecting with so many absolutely wonderful people! I had to post a photo of my dress to show you all. Even threw on the fail and grabbed my...

Kelly, thursday 25-Jul-19 27
Candace
Married May 25
Candace, On May 28, 2019 at 20:37

So the day went perfectly but not as planned. It was supposed to thunderstorm but thankfully it stormed from 6-7am. Throughout the rest of the day it alternated between sunny and overcast. Our DOC...

Kris, friday 19-Jul-19 20
Katelyn
Hair or Makeup First?
Katelyn, On July 17, 2019 at 00:18

Guys I'm getting conflicting answers. Do I get my makeup done and then hair or vice versa?

Amber, friday 18-Sep-20 26
Dionne
Help - Photo shot list
Dionne, On July 18, 2019 at 10:47

Hi Everyone! We just had our last meeting with our photographer and now I need to prepare a shot list for post ceremony family pics. Does anyone have or know of a template to help me with this?

Dionne, saturday 20-Jul-19 6
Madisyn
Show off your partner's wedding band!
Madisyn, On July 16, 2019 at 10:21

We just purchased my FH's wedding band this weekend and now I'm even more anxious for the wedding so that he can finally wear it! I've had everyone fussing over my ring for the last few months and now...

Holly, monday 19-Aug-19 37
Jenn
Couples getting married on 27/july/2019 in Nova Scotia
Jenn, On January 16, 2019 at 13:15

I hope everyone's planning is going smoothly! It is hard to believe we are getting married in just over 6 months! So EXCITING!!

Tamara, friday 19-Jul-19 3
Elizabeth
Who is getting married on August 10th???
Elizabeth, On July 17, 2019 at 10:14

I am feeling really excited. Countdown is definitely on! What is everyone looking forward to the most about their wedding day??? Also, if you are giving a gift to your husband to be. What are you...

Elizabeth, tuesday 13-Aug-19 12
Seleena
Show me your jewelry!
Seleena, On July 9, 2019 at 10:38

I have been struggling with what jewelry to wear on the big day! But, I have finally found a few things that I LOVE and it all goes so well together. My shoes are sparkly and rose gold, so they fit...

Tamara, friday 19-Jul-19 16
Holly
Wedding Photos!!
Holly, On July 18, 2019 at 01:03

We finally got our wedding photos! We got the viewing gallery end of last month and today we finally got the usb in the mail! Our photographers took well over 1000 pictures and gave us over 700!! It...

Chere-Lee, thursday 25-Jul-19 20
Skylor
My wedding dress
Skylor, On July 14, 2019 at 11:09

Hello everyone, I tried on wedding dresses for the first time yesterday and found the one! I got it and I couldn't be happier. It was not what I thought I would pick for myself but, I absolutely love...

Skylor, tuesday 13-Aug-19 44
Robyn
Married!
Robyn, On July 10, 2019 at 10:04

Hey guys, I know I've been absent from the community for a while, but the reason is.... this happened! We got married! It was not a perfect day by any means, and so many things did not go according...

Tamara, friday 19-Jul-19 15
Mikaela
David's bridal exchange
Mikaela, On July 18, 2019 at 08:35

So, I'm in a bit of a predicament. Unfortunately, less than 3 weeks before my wedding I had a bridesmaid show her true colours and decide that she no longer wanted to have anything to do with my...

Tamara, friday 19-Jul-19 12
Joey
What new skills did you pick up while wedding planning?
Joey, On July 17, 2019 at 08:09

Did you pick up a new skill while wedding planning? Are you now an Excel master? Did you pick up a new crafting skill while you did your DIYs? Are your negotiating skills or party planning skills now...

BunnyBride, saturday 7-Sep-19 14

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics