Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katelyn
Super October 2019 Ontario

Hair or Makeup First?

Katelyn, on July 17, 2019 at 00:18 Posted in Beauty 0 26
Guys I'm getting conflicting answers. Do I get my makeup done and then hair or vice versa?

Hair or Makeup First? 1

26 Comments

Latest activity by Amber, on September 18, 2020 at 12:49
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting them both done at the salon to save on time
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

During my trial she did hair, then makeup. I'd rather my makeup be the freshest of the two tbh.

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good advice thank you.
  • Tamara
    Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine was decided by the girls I had hired. The girl doing our hair is arriving before the girl who is doing our makeup so I am just going with the flow. I bought some of the lipstick from my makeup trial so I can keep re-applying throughout the day as needed.

Regardless of the order, make sure you are wearing a loose neck shirt or button up shirt so you can get that off without disturbing your look : ). It will be fine and beautiful.

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yikes! But the thing is hair can be touched up pretty easy especially with the style I'm doing.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say makeup first and then hair. Many times getting my makeup done they have pushed my hair back to get as close to the hair line, or hands on the head to hold their hand steady etc. So if your make up gets done first, then you don't have to worry about your hair getting messed up!

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Actually that's a great idea! I'm doing my makeup myself with my MOH's help and it would be really helpful to get it done at the hair salon. Thanks!
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I'm definitely not stressed just didn't know what was better. Also I'm not hiring a makeup artist because I'm doing a super light makeup day of. And I just dont want to spend the money on something my MOH and myself can do in less than an hour (we worked it into the schedule). But my hairstylist wanted me to show up with makeup on already.
  • A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have our makeup artist meeting us at the hair salon, we are basically tag teaming all the ladies. As for the line up I"m not sure how it's going, but I think I will be getting my hair done first and than makeup.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Honestly it doesn't matter. Just talk to you makeup artist and hair stylest and see what they do then go by that. It's really not a big issue. I think hair first is the best choice because that way if you get hot and sweaty from sitting there with a hat hair iron or whatever you won't be sweating your makeup off or anything. But talk to who you hired and go from there. Don't let this very small thing stress you out.
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Fair enough.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Likely yes! hair is also usually easier to adjust than makeup, which could be another reason
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think her plan was to at least we my hair first. So maybe that's why she suggested it?
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah that's a very fair argument. This is helpful thanks!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As a hairstylist i can honestly say it makes basically no difference. the only time i would say to for sure do your hair first would be if they were shampooing your hair, because then they would likely rub some of the makeup off. otherwise, it’s mostly just personal preference
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yup! I Completely agree!

No matter how good the makeup is and how much setting powders and sprays you use - I will find a way to sweat through it!! lol

First doing my hair, then makeup, then probably a hair touch up if needed. Hair touch ups are easier than make up touch ups IMO because makeup can get cakey if you keep adding. And if you remove the layer of makeup so it isn't cakey then what was the point of having it done already?

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's good. My hair does not behave but that's what hairspray is for.
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a good point.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been seeing that you don't want any drips from spray bottles or hairspray or anything messing up your makeup so hair should be done first.

• K
    Frequent user September 2024 Nova Scotia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My hair holds really well so I'm getting it done first, then the makeup!

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks. I'm still getting conflicting answers. This is so hard!
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well that makes a lot of sense. I wouldn't want my hair getting messed up.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It really depends on who you hire but majority will do hair than makeup. That's what we did. My MUA came after I had finished getting my hair done.
  • Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If someone is doing it for you I think make up first. A lot of the times when applying make up the person needs to touch your hair or put their hand on your head to apply make up etc im not sure if it makes sense hahah but my hair gets touched a lot whenever someone is applying my make up. Also they need to make sure your hair especially baby hairs are out of your face when applying foundation etc. So once make up is done then hair will be dealt with without someone touching it!
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Fair enough that's what I thought but my hairdresser thinks I should show up with my makeup on.
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think most do hair first and then makeup. That’s how I have always had it done. I personally always do my hair before my makeup cause doing my hair is a workout and it makes my face sweaty 😂

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics