Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner June 2019 Alberta

Wait time for picture return

Nadia, on August 9, 2019 at 15:03 Posted in Just married 0 13
Hi all!!

Just wanted to get some feedback from everyone. How long did it take to get your wedding pictures back? We are on week 6 and I have heard it takes anywhere from 2 - 6 weeks to get your pictures back. We emailed our photog last week and she told us she would have them back to us by the end of last week. I don’t want to be annoying but should I contact them again or is this normal?

thanks in advance!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Tamara, on August 20, 2019 at 15:08
  • Tamara
    Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our photographer had it right in her contract that it would take 6-8 weeks for our final photos. I hope it won't take that long because waiting is so hard, but the final product will be worth it.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend had to wait 2 1/2 months.... and saw pictures on photographers website of two weddings that happened after hers. Super annoying and the photographer was very expensive too. I think she took advantage of my friend for not having a date for pictures to be done. I won't even look at her pricing for my wedding. He wedding was in Nov not really prime time wither. I hope you don't have that kind of wait.
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

While I haven't done my wedding yet, there was something my photographer let us know that you might want to keep in mind. She said her turn around times in summer/early fall are longer than winter spring. It's high wedding season and she said she's shooting three to four times as many weddings every week, so the 4-6 is more like 8 weeks.

With that said, if your photographer gave you the window of a week and it is still not there, it might be good to put out a quick e-mail just asking ETA/if there were any unforseen delays, etc. or if there was a new timeline to expect them in.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s not uncommon to wait longer, especially during the summer wedding season. I’d rather my photographer take longer on my photos than a shorter period of time.

Have you received any teaser photos?
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just got our USB 2 months after the wedding.. Times can vary but some people wait months.. There is no harm in reaching out and asking though.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got our usb pictures back on 6 weeks time. Editing and selection of pictures touch ups are always done too.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got our online album at 4 weeks and the USB a week or so later in the mail.
  • N
    Nadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good point! Thanks!
  • N
    Nadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my gosh! 😳 she must be very patient hahah I think I’ll follow up with my photog at the 8 week mark if we haven’t heard back. Thanks for the info Smiley smile
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Considering that last week was a long weekend during peak wedding season. I would give your photographer another week or so.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FSIL had her wedding at the beginning of September and didn’t get her photos until December 31.

It really depends, follow up with your photographer if you’re worried!
  • N
    Nadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good to know! I may wait until 8 weeks and then send another follow up email. Thanks for your help Smiley smile
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine was 6-8 weeks return time with a few sneak peaks before hand. I would wait another week before messaging again.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics