Skip to main content
N
Beginner June 2019 Alberta

Wait time for picture return

Nadia, on August 9, 2019 at 15:03 Posted in Just married 0 13
Saved
Hi all!!

Just wanted to get some feedback from everyone. How long did it take to get your wedding pictures back? We are on week 6 and I have heard it takes anywhere from 2 - 6 weeks to get your pictures back. We emailed our photog last week and she told us she would have them back to us by the end of last week. I don’t want to be annoying but should I contact them again or is this normal?

thanks in advance!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Tamara, on August 20, 2019 at 15:08
  • Tamara
    Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute

Our photographer had it right in her contract that it would take 6-8 weeks for our final photos. I hope it won't take that long because waiting is so hard, but the final product will be worth it.

• Rayanne
    Featured June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    My friend had to wait 2 1/2 months.... and saw pictures on photographers website of two weddings that happened after hers. Super annoying and the photographer was very expensive too. I think she took advantage of my friend for not having a date for pictures to be done. I won't even look at her pricing for my wedding. He wedding was in Nov not really prime time wither. I hope you don't have that kind of wait.
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2022 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute

While I haven't done my wedding yet, there was something my photographer let us know that you might want to keep in mind. She said her turn around times in summer/early fall are longer than winter spring. It's high wedding season and she said she's shooting three to four times as many weddings every week, so the 4-6 is more like 8 weeks.

With that said, if your photographer gave you the window of a week and it is still not there, it might be good to put out a quick e-mail just asking ETA/if there were any unforseen delays, etc. or if there was a new timeline to expect them in.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    It’s not uncommon to wait longer, especially during the summer wedding season. I’d rather my photographer take longer on my photos than a shorter period of time.

Have you received any teaser photos?
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute

We just got our USB 2 months after the wedding.. Times can vary but some people wait months.. There is no harm in reaching out and asking though.

• Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    We got our usb pictures back on 6 weeks time. Editing and selection of pictures touch ups are always done too.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    We got our online album at 4 weeks and the USB a week or so later in the mail.
  • N
    Nadia ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Good point! Thanks!
  • N
    Nadia ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Oh my gosh! 😳 she must be very patient hahah I think I’ll follow up with my photog at the 8 week mark if we haven’t heard back. Thanks for the info Smiley smile
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute

Considering that last week was a long weekend during peak wedding season. I would give your photographer another week or so.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    My FSIL had her wedding at the beginning of September and didn’t get her photos until December 31.

It really depends, follow up with your photographer if you’re worried!
  • N
    Nadia ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Good to know! I may wait until 8 weeks and then send another follow up email. Thanks for your help Smiley smile
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute

Mine was 6-8 weeks return time with a few sneak peaks before hand. I would wait another week before messaging again.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics