Jennifer
Jennifer

Toronto, Ontario · From September 2016

Happily married 🎉

February 24, 2024

33days 9hrs

Discussions

Jennifer
Help, mixed families, can ceremony be non religious?
Jennifer of Wedding ceremony, On June 22, 2018 at 10:28

I am an atheist from mixed parents. My mother is a Muslim in a mixed family so Muslim and Christian weddings both while my Dad is an atheist from a Mexican-American Catholic family. My groom is...

Ely, sunday 8-May-22 18 211
Jennifer
Cash only wedding shower
Jennifer of Before the wedding, On June 28, 2018 at 13:34

Hi ladies, little help here. I'm planning my wedding and was wondering about cash only showers, is this acceptable or not acceptable, tacky but harmless or just plain inappropriate? I'm asking cause...

Linda, monday 18-Oct-21 21 15,460
Jennifer
Interfaith ceremony woes
Jennifer of Wedding ceremony, On May 19, 2020 at 13:08

To my other scientist and/or non religious brides out there, how are you doing the ceremony without any mention of religion? My FH knew who I was when we got together and has always been accepting of...

Jennifer, sunday 24-May-20 26 447
Jennifer
Is the ring too big and other worries
Jennifer of Before the wedding, On September 6, 2019 at 14:21

Let me start by saying I've waited a long time (10 years) to get engaged, we've always known we wanted to get married but money and timing was never right. Well last week I finally got engaged and I...

Jennifer, monday 11-May-20 30 1,305
Jennifer
Question about the songs
Jennifer of Wedding reception, On March 15, 2020 at 12:52

Hi y'all, just wondering about the specifics for entrance song and first dance song. Are these the same song? And if they are not the same do you play the full length of the song or just a snippet?...

Jennifer, monday 16-Mar-20 7 112
Jennifer
Wedding planner
Jennifer of Plan a wedding, On June 16, 2019 at 01:06

Hi all, just wondering did you hire a wedding planner/coordinator? And if so how far in advance? And was it worth it? Tell me your stories...

Kelly, wednesday 8-Jan-20 14 273
Jennifer
How do you get started when you feel so overwhelmed?
Jennifer of Plan a wedding, On December 31, 2019 at 14:43

How do you get started when you feel so overwhelmed by everything? I got engaged in August and I haven't done anything yet. I should be wedding planning but I'm up at the cottage hiding from it all. I...

Ashley, thursday 2-Jan-20 13 154
Jennifer
How far in advance to do shower?
Jennifer of Before the wedding, On December 27, 2019 at 00:51

Just wondering how far in advance you can or should do the shower? If I'm getting married end of January can I do a jack and Jill shower the August before? I feel like that's a little far out but also...

Tori, thursday 2-Jan-20 8 219
Jennifer
Destination or big wedding here?
Jennifer of Plan a wedding, On September 8, 2019 at 11:25

Hi ladies, I'm newly engaged and wondering how did y'all decide between doing the destination wedding with a select group vs doing the big hall wedding here with everyone? My FH is Italian so it'll be...

Rebecca, thursday 12-Sep-19 13 174
Jennifer
How to pick an MC?
Jennifer of Plan a wedding, On September 10, 2019 at 16:07

I've only ever been to weddings where a family member or close friend was the MC. My only close friends and family are all scared of public speaking and barely even want to do a speech let alone MC...

Allison, wednesday 11-Sep-19 10 511
Jennifer
Why can't I post anymore?
Jennifer of Tech support, On September 6, 2019 at 11:48

Why aren't any of my posts on the community showing up? I used to love talking to people in community on this app and now it won't post my new discussions.

Jennifer, friday 6-Sep-19 3 94
Jennifer
Double divorced parents entrances?
Jennifer of Wedding reception, On August 29, 2018 at 03:53

To all the children of divorce out there please tell me how you handled entrances. Just realized I've only been to weddings where parents were not divorced so entrance was the traditional thing. Now...

Emma, monday 1-Oct-18 13 483
Jennifer
Calling all winter weddings
Jennifer of Plan a wedding, On July 17, 2018 at 05:20

Hey ladies, I'm interested to hear if any of you are having or had winter weddings. Especially the Canadians or other northern brides out there. Where you worried about bad weather or snow storms? Do...

Maya, wednesday 18-Jul-18 8 132
Jennifer
Sexy red dress dilemma
Jennifer of Wedding fashion, On July 9, 2018 at 18:21

Hi all, just wondering if it is considered inappropriate or rude to wear a bright red dress as a guest to a wedding. A friend of mine showed me the dress she wants to wear and its bright red, very...

Jennifer, wednesday 11-Jul-18 17 286
Jennifer
Bridal party or not to bridal party
Jennifer of Plan a wedding, On July 5, 2018 at 19:49

This question has been stressing me out for ages!! Long story short, my FH and I were some wild people in our younger days and had to cut off from each of our friend groups in order to get clean. This...

Bianca, tuesday 10-Jul-18 25 284
Jennifer
Bridal shower or not for destination wedding
Jennifer of Before the wedding, On July 1, 2018 at 01:55

Hi all, I'm wondering what the etiquette is about having a wedding shower if we're having a destination wedding. If we do this I can only expect 2 couples going with us to the actual wedding so we...

Brittany, tuesday 3-Jul-18 7 817
Jennifer
Rehearsal dinner
Jennifer of Before the wedding, On June 21, 2018 at 23:53

Hi all, question about rehearsal dinner. I'm paying for the wedding myself, no help from family and won't have a bridal party, just me the groom and officiant up there. In that case do I still need to...

Jessie, tuesday 26-Jun-18 11 135

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics