Emilyn

Binscarth, Manitoba · From September 2019

Happily married 🎉

July 22, 2022

637days 17hrs
Emilyn
Mismatched Bridesmaid Dresses
Emilyn, On February 3, 2020 at 18:32

Just looking for inspiration for doing mismatched dresses for my bridesmaids. My colours are dusty pink/rose gold and all of the girls have such different body types and styles there was no way I...

Shannon, wednesday 5-Feb-20 19
Lynnie
Bouquet toss - is it a must-do?
Lynnie, On January 20, 2020 at 09:05

Are you ready to toss away the bouquet toss tradition? Or have you always looked forward to launching those flowers towards all the single ladies? The bouquet toss! 💐 Is it a must-do to you?? Photo...

Francesca, thursday 12-Mar-20 28
Cliodhna
Favours - are they a must-do?
Cliodhna, On January 20, 2020 at 09:05

Wedding favours are an old age tradition which many modern couples are opting out of. Will you be gifting your guests with some token of appreciation? Or skipping this tradition? Are wedding favours...

Laura, monday 9-Mar-20 30
Jayda
Long-lasting Makeup Recommendations
Jayda, On January 31, 2020 at 12:20

Looking for recommendations for makeup primers and setting sprays that will help my makeup last throughout the day—drugstore products or high end. My eyeshadow especially creases quite quickly, so I’m...

Ashley, tuesday 4-Feb-20 7
Lynnie
Solitaire or Several Stones? 💍
Lynnie, On January 24, 2020 at 09:05

What style setting is your engagement ring? Do you have one solo solitaire gem, or several stones?

64%

67 votes

35%

37 votes

Why did you choose ""?

Last vote monday 27-Apr-20 17
Cockerton
What to Expect When Dress Shopping?
Cockerton, On December 10, 2019 at 00:38

What do I do? I know I invite the crew to come help me, my Mom and Mom-inLaw to be. I have no idea what I am doing.

Amelia, thursday 12-Dec-19 10
Emilyn
Plates
Emilyn, On December 11, 2019 at 13:18

I am wondering what people think about glass plates and silverware VS good quality plastic plates and plastic cutlery that looks like silverware. Do you think it will matter? Renting the glass plates...

Vinod, thursday 12-Dec-19 6
Emilyn
Wedding Socials
Emilyn, On December 6, 2019 at 07:56

I am from Saskatchewan and my fiancé is from Manitoba. Can someone give me a better idea of how wedding socials work and what the point is? Any help would be appreciated as I am pretty lost, I...

Tori, friday 6-Dec-19 3
Jamie
How to look for a student/beginner photographer?
Jamie, On December 3, 2019 at 16:10

Wishfully, hoping to get a photographer under $1,000 or $1,500 not sure if that possible. Any suggestions??

Emilyn, thursday 5-Dec-19 5
Colleen
Ways to save but not compromise on aesthetic?
Colleen, On November 22, 2019 at 10:27

Hi! My fiance and I are currently both students (hence the long engagement lol) and are trying to find ways that we can save money on the wedding while also not compromising on it looking amazing!...

Erin, thursday 9-Jan-20 17
Lynnie
Brides of 2020! Show us your ring!!
Lynnie, On February 9, 2018 at 13:05

Congrats to all of our 2020 brides!! Post a picture below to show off your ring! Photo from Majesty Diamonds in Montreal

Diana, wednesday 8-Mar-23 464 1
Emilyn
Making my own Wedding Cake
Emilyn, On December 5, 2019 at 21:35

Okay so everyone thinks I am crazy but I am really set on making my own wedding cake!!! I am thinking of just doing a small hand decorated one and then getting a sheet cake for everyone to have...

Rayanne, friday 6-Dec-19 7 110
Sinéad
Poll: What is your wedding hairstyle?
Sinéad, On December 4, 2019 at 09:05

Have you chosen your wedding day hairstyle yet? Are you excited to try out a beautiful updo, or will you leave your hair loose? Do you have any inspiration photos you would like to share? Have you...

36%

61 votes

64%

109 votes

Why did you choose ""?

Last vote monday 7-Sep-20 27
Emilyn
Sandy Aisle
Emilyn, On December 5, 2019 at 21:30

So we are getting married at a private lake, the ceremony will be right on the beach by the water. My dress has a long train that I don't want dragging through the sand!! Any ideas for what to lay...

Geneviève, friday 6-Dec-19 7 105
Madisyn
Ditching the Dj?
Madisyn, On December 4, 2019 at 19:08

We are strongly considering scrapping the DJ and opting for a carefully curated playlist instead. I have already asked all our guests to provide their favourite songs to dance to. It's quite expensive...

Madisyn, tuesday 10-Dec-19 38
Emilyn
Arranged Seating
Emilyn, On October 25, 2019 at 14:46

What are people's thoughts on arranged seating? I see many brides making seating charts and assigning people to certain tables/chairs even. With a few divorced parents in the family....and just people...

Steph, thursday 31-Oct-19 10
Emilyn
Wedding Hashtag
Emilyn, On October 25, 2019 at 14:54

Just looking for wedding hashtag ideas from anyone! My name is Emilyn and fiance's name is Mark. Last name is Cook so it's a fairly common name. If anyone creative out there has an idea let me know 😊 ...

Megan, thursday 31-Oct-19 6 108
J. M.
Two dresses on wedding night?
J. M., On October 23, 2019 at 07:36

Hello! My dad asked me if I’m going to change into a second more “comfortable dress “ on my wedding night. I’m not sure what that would look like. If you have one, what does your second dress look...

Katherine, friday 25-Oct-19 16
Emilyn
Wedding Flowers
Emilyn, On September 27, 2019 at 11:25

My wedding date is set for August 1st, 2020. We live in southwestern Manitoba. I am wondering what flowers will be in bloom during this season to see if I can try pick some wildflowers or in season...

Aleesha, friday 27-Sep-19 5
Emilyn
Good luck charm
Emilyn, On September 27, 2019 at 11:20

So this is kind of neat, we were looking at a venue, a private lake with a small beach and hall nearby. As I was walking towards the dock I looked down in the sand and found this good luck charm! I...

Emily, sunday 29-Sep-19 7 83

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics