Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cliodhna
WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway

Favours - are they a must-do?

Cliodhna, on January 20, 2020 at 09:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 30

Wedding favours are an old age tradition which many modern couples are opting out of. Will you be gifting your guests with some token of appreciation? Or skipping this tradition?

Are wedding favours a must-do to you?

Favours - are they a must-do? 1

Photo from CARO&CO. Event Styling and Coordination in Toronto

Next Question: Wedding Cake?

Back to the Beginning: What is a must-do to you?

30 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on March 9, 2020 at 15:26
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not a must do, but we will be doing favours.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not a must, but my fiance and I decided to do them!
    We found something that was meaning to us and we think people will enjoy in general (mini-chocolate squares from Newfoundland Chocolate Company). It worked out to less than $2 per person, so not too bad cost wise either.

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't want to do wedding favours. From the weddings we have been to, not all of the favours are taken so it seems like the bride and groom just waste money. We decided to do a candy bar instead. That way its a variety of candy we enjoy, so if there is leftovers they won't be wasted.

• Emilyn
    Curious July 2022 Manitoba
    Emilyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am not doing wedding favors, I think it is an extra cost for something that people do not care much about. It would be a nice gesture but the money can be better spent elsewhere!
  • Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What are some great inexpensive favor ideas?

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did them. Used our centrepieces as the favours
  • T
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nothing about a wedding is ever a “must”.
    We’re opting not to do favours and feel no ways about it.
    I’ve never kept a single wedding favour lol
  • K
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose to make a donation to one of our local Humane Societies in lieu of favours. They made us table/place cards to let everyone know. I love the tradition but I feel they are a waste of money- so this was a good compromise
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not a must but we are having them!

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well I find it hard to call it a must when we're already hosting them for a beautiful and expensive event, but I do actually think it's important because it's a chance to acknowledge our guests. It can be suuuuper small and affordable though
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think favors are just the polite thing to do. I will be having favors or small Maple syrup bottles.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's ridiculous that it's a must. We're buying everyone's dinner and drinks; I think that's more than enough. But we're doing them anyway since we don't want to be rude.

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally think it’s a must as it’s a way to acknowledge and thank your guests. We are doing professional photos for each family / couple and a small “Tiffany” box with chocolates.
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Must do I think it's important to acknowledge our guests

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Must do to. This was a gesture to let our family and friends take home a gift that was useful as décor at home. The Thank you card put with it was to appreciate them coming.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are! I don't think it is a must. We are doing edible favours, and skipping any sort of cake situation...so onto the next question ha.

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

After attending so many weddings, and then having to declutter all the wedding favours that were given and not useable, we have decided to something a little different. We will be doing a donation to our local Children’s Hospital, so for every person who attends we will donate the same amount for each. There will be a little scroll or something that we print off on each of their plates to let them know. That way there is no clutter or anything to give away later!

• Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm planning to get gifts for my bridesmaids & moh, but not for all of the guests. We just don't have space in a budget for extras like that.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not super necessary, but guests appreciate them! IMO, a small edible favour is enough, doesn't need to be elaborate/expensive.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing an edible favour. I think it's always nice to give guests a little thank you gift

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dont really think they are necessary but we will have a candy bar just because I think they are cute.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They’re a must for my fw. I could care less but we’ll do them since it will make her happy (and we found an affordable diy one)
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me they’re a must!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They were necessary for me. I wanted to give something to my guests and I love our personalized chocolate bars. I can see why others forgo favours though
  • M
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were going to be skipping them, but my MIL wants to bake Serbian cookies for the reception. Our venue won't let us bring our own food, so we are going to wrap them up in little baggies and make them the favour. Boom, his Serbian family can eat their traditional cookies! Smiley winking

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Favors aren't on our list of must haves. Unless we do something edible I don't think we will bother.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No, but they are always something that people look forward to! We gave blankets at my wedding Smiley smile

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think they are super necessary, many times you can get away without doing them. We did them, but got a good deal on them, or else we would have saved the money.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think they're necessary. So many of them get left behind, so unless they're edible then it's a waste. We're doing them though only because I got a really good deal on them lol
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not necessary in my opinion but we are doing them because everyone but me wants them lmao

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics