Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J. M.
Curious September 2020 Ontario

Two dresses on wedding night?

J. M., on October 23, 2019 at 07:36 Posted in Wedding reception 0 16
Hello! My dad asked me if I’m going to change into a second more “comfortable dress “ on my wedding night. I’m not sure what that would look like. If you have one, what does your second dress look like? Thanks! Ps I love pics

16 Comments

Latest activity by Katherine, on October 25, 2019 at 23:19
  • Katherine
    Curious August 2021 Prince Edward Island
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m planning on staying on mine. I paid a lot of money for it plus it’s not a huge puffy one so it’ll be easier to manoeuvre around in. The only time I’d take it off would be if we plan a special first dance
  • Emilyn
    Curious July 2022 Manitoba
    Emilyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One girl I knew had a dress that was large and heavy and puffy for the marriage ceremony.... but for the evening reception/dance after, the heavy bottom of the dress came off and it turned into a fun cocktail party dress! I don't have pictures but I thought it was a neat idea!!
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I stayed in my dress. I dunno....I feel like if you're dropping $1000 on a dress, you'll want to wear it for more than a couple hours lol. I also LOVED my dress, and didn't want to take it off.

Do you want to do a wardrobe change?

If you haven't gone dress shopping yet, and you're not sold on the 2nd dress idea, then make sure that whatever you get, you can move in! Smiley smile

• Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought a strapless dress and had detachable straps added for the day-time that I took off at night so it was almost like wearing a second dress bc it looked different. You could do something like that!

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I plan on staying in my dress. I chose a dress I could dance in. My MOH and I started dancing to salt'n peppas push it, in the bridal boutique me in the gown, just because its a song we always dance to and I wanted to make sure I could move the way I wanted in it.
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally chose to stay in my dress the whole night because I love it so much! Smiley smile and it's comfortable enough to move around and dance in the reception. So it's really up to you if you think you will be comfortable enough with your ceremony dress for the whole night, then it is to not mandatory to change to a second dress. If you do change into a second dress, usually it's in a slinkier, more comfortable silhouette so you can easily move around! Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not doing a second dress because I don’t want to change! I love my wedding dress and want to stay in it the whole time.

My mom did a second dress for her wedding but it’s not for me, personally.
  • Karine
    Curious October 2019 Quebec
    Karine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you do want a second dress you could always check out boutique 1861 as well, they hey have beautiful white dresses and stock changes regularly! They have a models in store which are not displayed online as well. That is where I got my wedding dress ☺️ And prices are amazing
  • Karine
    Curious October 2019 Quebec
    Karine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It really depends how comfortable you are in your dress! I was in love with my dress and wore the same dress all night as it was extremely comfortable for sitting/eating/dancing. Mind you I had lace trumpet style with bell sleeves made with poly lining which didn’t feel any different than wearing a regular dress! But a friend of mine who had a very pouffy ball gown type had a removable « pouff » so that she would be more comfortable at the reception!
    Two dresses on wedding night? 1
  • Cindy
    Curious November 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be wearing my wedding dress most of the night and will have my bustled. I also bought a Chinese cultural dress cheongsam to change into if my dress gets too heavy.

However, I do agree with Tori, you can find beautiful evening dresses at Laura’s. You can also try Le Chateau as well. Any of the bridal salons would also have evening dresses.
  • Skylor
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Skylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello,
    I 100% plan on wearing my wedding dress the entire night. I am in love with my wedding dress and the way I look/feel in it. I only get to wear it once, so I want to wear it for as long as I can! My recommendation would be to find a wedding dress that is comfortable.
  • Jamie
    Newbie June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a dress coming in the mail from Free People that I plan to change into. It's a white cotton hippy dress and it's going to be so cool and comfortable! It's got a midi - high low thing going on so it still looks like a long dress but it won't touch the floor and get dirty. https://www.freepeople.com/shop/gemma-limited-edition-white-dress/?category=SEARCHRESULTS&color=010

If you want a reception dress pick something fun that makes you giggle when you put it on! I'm absolutely tickled with myself that I bought this!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wore my dress all night and just had it bustled so the train wasn’t dragging. I have seen some people who just do a simple white dress or a fancier short dress so you can dance! But if your dress bustles and you can dance in it, it’s cheaper to just wear one
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only wore my one dress, but I bustled it for the reception since hubby kept stepping on it lol

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can get a party white dress. something you dont care if it gets ruined. i find people step on the bride or spill drinks on them during the late night lol. it doesnt have to be expensive just something comfy

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well for me I just wore the same dress that I wore to my Bridal Shower but I don't have many pictures of it... Here's one that I do though:

Two dresses on wedding night? 2

It is see through in the boob area and ends just under them, and then the dress itself goes to just above my knees and is a skater dress.

I found mine at Laura but would recommend anywhere similar to that like Ricki's or Maurice's

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics