Skip to main content
Melissa
Melissa

Calgary, Alberta · From December 2017

Counting down the days until we're newlyweds on the beach!

Happily married 🎉

May 20, 2019

1801days 14hrs
Allison
This Is It · Just Married
Allison, On June 24, 2019 at 17:17

More photos soon to come I promise! Here's a sneak peek of our wedding day Saturday. GoingHay Wedding DayGoingHay Wedding Day

Tyanna, sunday 30-Jun-19 18
Lynnie
Veil - White or Colourful?
Lynnie, On June 24, 2019 at 10:04

Did you know that veils come in other colours besides white? We've been missing out!! Coloured veils are really cool trend and a fun way to spice up your bridal look. What do you prefer - a white or...

BunnyBride, monday 12-Aug-19 26
Julia
Hair trial day
Julia, On June 21, 2019 at 20:16

I just wanted to share my pictures. I have an undercut with short hair just below my ears and my wonderful hair dresser still managed an updo.

Bianca, monday 24-Jun-19 12
Melissa
Officially a Mrs, and it feels so good
Melissa, On May 28, 2019 at 13:52

I couldn't imagine the day going any smoother, seriously. It was hot, but that was the only thing that I can think of that I would have changed. The guys looked so handsome and the girls looked...

Vinod, friday 21-Jun-19 28
Joey
Use it or lose it? - A guest book
Joey, On June 17, 2019 at 08:46

A photo album, a canvas, a wishing jar, or a traditional book.... there are lots of ways to style a guest book. What type of guest book speaks to you? Or is this an item you're leaving off your list?...

Kirsten, sunday 8-Sep-19 26
Jordanna
I can’t believe it’s almost here!!
Jordanna, On June 13, 2019 at 21:20

So today I was able to bring decor to the venue, tomorrow is the rehearsal and Saturday is the big day!! Tomorrow night both bridesmaids and groomsmen will be spending the night at the hotel (the...

Lauren, friday 14-Jun-19 14
Elaine
is it ok to stay in two appartments after marriage?
Elaine, On August 11, 2016 at 11:51

Hi all! i really like my appartment i have everything in there... it was the little home i built for myself when i first arrived in this city where i didnt know anyone. my fw and i have been talking...

Melissa, friday 14-Jun-19 9
Joey
Fiancé(e) Friday - who introduced you?
Joey, On June 14, 2019 at 08:05

Was someone responsible for your relationship? Were you fixed up? Sent on a blind date? Did a teacher assign you seats together? Did a friend play matchmaker? Did you meet each other through mutual...

Stephanie, wednesday 3-Jul-19 18
Kaisha
Does anyone else miss planning?
Kaisha, On June 12, 2019 at 22:20

Now that everything is over and done. I can't help but miss wedding planning. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Kaisha, friday 21-Jun-19 22
Joey
Where did you cut costs?
Joey, On May 14, 2019 at 08:05

Budgeting for a wedding is all about balance - when you splurge in one area, you'll need to save in another. How did you stretch your budget? Where were you able to make the biggest savings, and what...

Melissa, wednesday 12-Jun-19 21
Allison
When To Pay Our Officiant
Allison, On June 12, 2019 at 14:43

Hey! I tried to browse through previous discussions but couldn't find anything relating to WHEN to pay our officiant. Payment is due on the wedding day - okay no problem. And we originally...

Vinod, friday 14-Jun-19 7
Kelsie
Engagement Photos
Kelsie, On June 12, 2019 at 11:47

I had a great time shooting my engagement photos in Toronto last month. I was really, really nervous to start as I do not like being the centre of attention and this is my first time having...

Marissa, wednesday 3-Jul-19 54
Allison
The continuing adventures of changing hair colour!
Allison, On June 12, 2019 at 10:57

Hey all! Some of you might remember, but for my wedding I decided to go from dark brown (natrual)/vibrant red hair to blonde balayage in This discussion here! I had my 2nd session last night and I...

Allison, tuesday 25-Jun-19 32
Kelly
Peeking at the registry
Kelly, On June 11, 2019 at 16:02

Shower is in just over a week. So, I've been informed that I need to do some "upkeep" on my registry as time goes by in case things get sold out and unavailable....do people actually do this? I don't...

Kristen, thursday 4-Jul-19 12
Jennifer
Seating chart
Jennifer, On June 10, 2019 at 21:20

Finally done!!! Pretty easy to do. Fiance made the frame custom because we couldn't find one premade that would accommodate the number of guests. The only unforeseen hiccup was that we needed to put a...

Donna, monday 24-Jun-19 20
Kelly
diy progress
Kelly, On June 11, 2019 at 11:51

Just wanted to share some of my weekend projects. Its finally nice enough out to spray paint! I finished painting the large picture frame, which will be the seating chart, the small picture frame,...

Seleena, monday 17-Jun-19 14
Amanda
#Married
Amanda, On June 11, 2019 at 10:24

It's over and I finally have a minute to post !!!!! what an amazing week it has been and the day could not have gone any better. I wish I could do it over and over, I swear I'm still high. ...

Liga, saturday 5-Oct-19 21
Lynnie
Who is more likely to cry on the wedding day?
Lynnie, On June 10, 2019 at 09:31

Last question!! Who is more likely to tear up on the wedding day? You or your fiancé(e)? Photo from Impresario Events in Toronto Thanks for chiming in and giving us an inside look at your...

Steph, wednesday 11-Sep-19 37
Lynnie
Who has a bigger family?
Lynnie, On June 10, 2019 at 09:30

Does one (or both!) of you have more cousins than you can count? Who has a bigger family? You or your fiancé(e)? Photo from Glendale Golf and Country Club in Winnipeg Next Question: Who is more...

Steph, wednesday 11-Sep-19 31
Lynnie
Who's older?
Lynnie, On June 10, 2019 at 09:30

What's the age difference in your relationship? Who's older - you or your fiancé(e)? Photo by New Paramount Studios in Toronto Next Question: Who has a bigger family? Back to the Beginning: You or...

Steph, wednesday 11-Sep-19 36
Cherry
Makeup Trial & Engagement Photo Shoot
Cherry, On June 8, 2019 at 16:47

Two weeks ago during the cherry blossom season in Ottawa, I had my makeup trial and also the Engagement Photo shoot. Today, I finally received the edited pictures. We are so happy with them. I booked...

Bianca, monday 10-Jun-19 9
Lisa
Is it normal for the couple to fight over money before the wedding ceremony
Lisa, On May 10, 2019 at 14:10

Is it normal for the couple to fight over money before the wedding ceremony

Liga, thursday 19-Sep-19 19
Sierra
Signature Drink Dilemma
Sierra, On May 14, 2019 at 17:38

Neither me nor my fiancé drink, basically at all. He has the occasional drink, one or twice a year, I dont touch alcohol. We have one signature drink available for our reception, from the included...

Melissa, friday 7-Jun-19 9
Alexandra
Canadian Wedding Registry Websites
Alexandra, On November 27, 2017 at 17:51

Does anyone know of any online wedding registries for Canadians? I just set up a registry at The Bay for kitchen/home stuff, but as we have been together for ~8 years, we have most of the stuff we...

Emily, tuesday 10-Oct-23 30 1
Emily
Calgary Marriage Registries
Emily, On June 1, 2019 at 17:03

Hello there! I have found my wedding officiant and he is going to help us with the marriage certificate/other paperwork, but where in Calgary do I go to get these things? Where have you gone? Do you...

Melissa, friday 7-Jun-19 5
Jennifer
Bridesmaids Gifts
Jennifer, On June 2, 2019 at 10:01

Hello All, I need help and ideas. I want to get my bridesmaids each a gift for when I ask them, but I'm stumped on what to get. I want to get something different other the typical wine glass/tumblers,...

Melissa, friday 7-Jun-19 8
Kelly
Late Night Snack
Kelly, On June 4, 2019 at 11:22

My fiance and I were planning on doing a popcorn bar for the late night snack, with about 3-4 different flavours (sweet and savoury options). When my mom found out, she guffawed at our choice, said we...

Terri, tuesday 11-Jun-19 20
Chelsea
One Year Countdown!
Chelsea, On June 6, 2019 at 19:18

June 6, 2020 Brides! One year today we’ll be saying “I Do”! I’ve been engaged for over 13 months at this point, so hitting this one year mark is so exciting! it’ll be here before we know it!

Bianca, tuesday 11-Jun-19 7
Joey
Would you rather have $1000 for...
Joey, On June 7, 2019 at 08:07

If you had a spare $1000 would you rather put it towards upgrading your - A) Reception - you could add a champagne toast, rent a monogrammed dance floor, or dazzle your guests with some special...

BunnyBride, saturday 7-Sep-19 17
NATASHIA
Tattoos and make up
NATASHIA, On June 7, 2019 at 08:29

G'day all, I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with using makeup covering up tattoos with make up. I have a tattoo on my shoulder that I'm really not keen on. I am planning on getting it...

Erin, sunday 9-Jun-19 8
Seleena
Stressed and heartbroken
Seleena, On June 6, 2019 at 16:16

My wedding is just over 3 months away. I dropped my FH off at the airport this morning. My FMIL was just diagnosed with lung cancer and everyone is (understandably) losing it. I am hoping and praying...

Bianca, monday 10-Jun-19 20
Whitney
Step father dance
Whitney, On June 5, 2019 at 18:11

Looking to do two father daughter dances and need some song suggestions for both!!

Joey, thursday 20-Jun-19 5

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics