Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexandra
Newbie August 2018 Ontario

Canadian Wedding Registry Websites

Alexandra, on November 27, 2017 at 17:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 30

Does anyone know of any online wedding registries for Canadians? I just set up a registry at The Bay for kitchen/home stuff, but as we have been together for ~8 years, we have most of the stuff we need. We are looking at alternative gifts to register that includes yard tools, and outdoor gear. I registered at Amazon, but could only set up a registry at amazon.com (not at amazon.ca) and am wondering if there are other options out there that I haven't been able to find.

30 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on October 10, 2023 at 16:05
  • Emily
    Newbie May 2024 Quebec
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Canadian Tire JUST launched its new registry service today!! Smiley heart Smiley gift https://fox4kc.com/business/press-releases/ein-presswire/660861946/myregistry-partners-with-canadian-tire-to-enhance-customer-experience-and-celebrate-lifes-milestones/

• Alex
    Newbie November 2019 Ontario
    Alex ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Amazon.ca just launched their Wedding Registry feature last month. Amazon.ca/wedding

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you have a wedding website you could probably have a blurb like "instead of a traditional registry, help us stock our shed!" with a link to websites to buy gift cards for supplies you need.
  • Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

View Only Smiley smile

• Karin
    Newbie September 2019
    Karin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry, one last question! Is the link you used from your website "view only" or "view and edit"? I was using the second one and that was the one that was expiring so maybe that's the problem.

• Karin
    Newbie September 2019
    Karin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay great! Maybe I’ll try putting it to public then so I don’t get those expiration issues.
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is how it comes up for guests Smiley smile

Canadian Wedding Registry Websites 1
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One couple had different links listed on their wedding website: Bed bath and beyond, the bay, Canadian tire (for gift card) and Ikea (for gift card). So people were able to pick and choose what to pick.

Another couple used myregistry.ca to link up all of their websites/lists they had.

Both were nice and easy to use. I think, in the end, it's really up to the couple and how they want to operate and the type of things they wish to get.

• Karin
    Newbie September 2019
    Karin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the info, Brittany! We did the same thing except we set it to shared and are having problems with the link expiring. Have you had those issues? If you set it to public, do you know if fandoms can see your shipping address? Not sure I’d like that.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're in the same boat as you! We've been together for 9 years, lived together for 4. We have a lot of stuff already. Most of the things on our registry are replacements for the hand-me-downs we got when we moved out together.

What we really wanted to do was a Canadian Tire registry, and its really too bad they don't do them because I can't tell you how many people have said on here they would have gone that route. So many couples live together before marriage now; tools and yard stuff would be a lot more useful to us at this stage than new tea towels lol.

I wish we had thought of doing the myregistry thing and had Canadian Tire as an option. Or at the very least put Canadian Tire gift cards as one of the options on our website lol. Our shower is this Sunday, so a little late. Maybe that's something we can set up for the wedding if people want to get us physical gifts instead of cash?

• Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We used myregistry.com We love Canadian Tire and so this allowed people to buy us things from there. We also linked it to things ar Bed Bath and Walmart.
    Just realized (as we just bought our home) that Urban Barn has a registry.
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi you can set it up for Amazon.ca as mentioned below.

I have one!

Go to create wish list.

Name it whatever you would like (ie so and so's wedding registry.)

Set it to public.

Create List.

Then you can add all your items.

Once that is done - go to more and click manage list.

In this function you can add a description, as well as enter your shipping address, and set it to don't spoil your surprises if you so choose.

Lastly click the send list to others function, it gives you a link to copy. Or you can email it out to others. They can also search amazon by the registry name/description.

Hope this helps!

For instance this is mine! https://www.amazon.ca/hz/wishlist/ls/2PSDR2JNH3000?ref_=wl_share

I just put the link on my website coded to an amazon logo. So people just have to click the picture and it directs them to our registry. Smiley smile

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Be careful with The Bay! A lot of items that we chose were out of stock, but we didn't know until AFTER we had posted it on our website.... It was pretty frustrating.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We used myregistry.com it worked perfect for what we needed.

• Karolina
    Newbie September 2019 Saskatchewan
    Karolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What's your update on giftspaces.ca after your wedding?

• Allison
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

myregistry.com We found it super easy to put together things that we loved from different stores (Ikea, Canadian Tire, Bed Bath & Beyond +).

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Stuck in same place! the Canadian tire near us does not do registry's and they don't have a spot online either. I wanted this one a lot! I did a local decor place that had bedding and then a kitchen place.

• C
    Newbie February 2019 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just signed up for giftspace.ca. (It is Canadian) So far it is great. You upload images of the things you want, with the amount it would be to buy it. People have the option of contributing money to an item of their choice. I put small things and Large things on it, like new dining room chairs. You could put a canoe, anything...your heart desires on the list. The money gets transferred to your bank account, and you can see who contributed for what, online, or have it emailed to you. Then you use the money to buy that gift. You guests will have to pay 2.5% on top of what they pay, but that is less than 13% HST. When I posted the amount of the gift I added the tax onto the price.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can register at Bed, Bath and Beyond, and I think IKEA is opening a registry soon. But I second my registry.ca, it's fantastic for anything at stores that aren't registered yet. I'm in the same boat you are too, so I feel your frustration!

• Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am in a similar situation - I found an amazing one for the United States, called Zola, but no where on their site did they say if you could ship the items to Canada, I am assuming not. I will probably end up going to amazon route as well as something store related for my relatives that aren't as computer/interest savy.

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try myregistry.com. you can register at any store you want on there.

• TrixJelly
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    TrixJelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Amazon.ca has a wedding registry, you just have to set it up as a "wish list". It's a little confusing but you can do it. I have one on my Canadian Amazon account.

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Myregistry.com!

You can have your registry from every store on one website.

• Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're is in same boat as we've been together 4 years plus we live in another province so we'll be traveling for our wedding. But we did set one up with Pamperchef and Bed Bath and Beyond. You could even upgrade items if you wanted to.
  • Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve been wondering about a similar thing. Is there any website or service that can combine multiple registries into one website? So it’s easier for people to see all registered items from one website.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Alexandra, this article about registering for gifts has some tips, as well as some companies you may want to consider. This Dos and Don'ts article could help too!

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check out Myregistry!! It is based out of the states but you can add multiple things from different websites without having a registry at the store!! and you can also link different registries to one location (mostly stores in the states for the registry linking)
    I used it and loved it!
    Smiley heart

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Friends recommended just1registry.com to us. We're not going to end up using it but you enter in the information for what you want, and people can buy it from any store, then indicate on the site that they have bought it.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Canadian tire does. We chose a travel place here in Thunder Bay and Home Outfitters. We didn't have much to choose from.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Canadian tire maybe? Or Home Depot? Not entirely sure what would work? But I've heard these places do registries and you can probably access them all online.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics